Old 10-16-2016, 11:55 AM
Elyos
Default DDHM & Gunners

as from other discussions, gunner is probably the LAST choice behind ranger people take to DDHM, but is it possible for a gunner to achieve 4k-4.5k dmg/s in DDHM against the final boss? i've been getting so much complaint for taking a gunner to DDHM, but DPS meters don't lie. sorcs do 1.6-1.7m total damage, and gunners can barely break 1m total damage.

am i wrong for asking a gunner to sit out and giving their spot to a sorc instead? or do you guys feel everyone deserves a chance at the risk of losing. so here are my questions for gunner mains...

1) i want to hear the perspective from a gunners who are denied DDHM groups, or are carried in DDHM. what is your feeling?

2) and also i want to hear the perspective of gunners who can achieve 1.2m-1.3m total damage in DDHM (aka not being carried). why do you continue to play gunner if you kno your team will need to carry you and you have to work extra hard to achieve less dps than a sorcerer?

3) why not level a sorcerer alt (or any other class for that matter) to run DDHM on then swap to gunner to get the final boss loot?
Old 10-16-2016, 04:34 PM
Elyos
Default Re: DDHM & Gunners

Funny, I was told how rangers are even less wanted for DDHM than gunslingers due to the fact that if a gunner takes hard damage they can heal it easily, while rangers just die from an auto attack after instead.

The truth is as a gunner no one will take you DDHM, and as a ranger its far worse. I should know; I have a ranger in full +10 IS armor, weapons, accessories, full pve gear which is only behind full DD or full purified IS and I have enough of every stat required for IS in every way and I get shot down faster than you can imagine. In the end my friend Aella told me it as it is; no one wants rangers for DDHM

From my perspective, people are too obsessed with not failing
Old 10-17-2016, 07:23 AM
Asmodians

DD has gotten a lot easier in 5.x:
  • Level difference: At L70 (now L72) I resist a bunch of magic skills from bosses, thus taking less damage.

• Increased HP: gold plumes, enchanted wings, essence point investment. I'm at 17K ~ 18K HP (with chanter buff) on my sorc using +10 armor with zero HP slotted on it, so leather classes should be sitting at 19K ~ 20K with similar gear. If you're dying in DD with that HP your healers are tr4sh or you're doing some dumb sh*t to get killed on purpose.

• Increased DPS: archdaeva manastones give everyone easy access to OP crit spell + capped MB (I'm at 4.6K MB / 600 crit spell with 4 mythic AC pieces slotted knowledge +4, relatively cheap to make), or high attack while still meeting crit/acc requirements. This should bump your top dpsers into the 6K ~ 7K DPS range, enough to secure the run. You can also boost your skills directly via esscence.

Any experienced DD ally (doesn't need to be static) should be able to 10-man DD at this point (we've had to unintentionally do that due to DCs/people taking too long to join), thus having room for carrying any 2 dps regardless of class.

Newbie/lfg groups have to be more careful because mental retardation knows no limits, so even if a skilled gunner can dish out good dps, you can't make any assumptions about lfg players (unless they prove their dps on an Enshar trainning dummy, for example). After the gunner nerf that happened with the skill revamp is hard enough finding one that plays his class effectively (weapon swapping between pistols/cannon, taking advantage of the forward movement buff, properly speccing into crit spell given they can easily MB cap from DP/buffs + MS debuffs on bosses), so I don't blame people for having a bad concept about them.

If you want to get things done you're better off focusing on joining a legion that runs it /building a friendlist of decent players and organizing stuff yourself/getting invites from friends, it's a MMO game, building connections is just as important as building your toon unless you're a masochist that likes to suffer with lfg tards.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:01 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azoturan - Siel View Post
Your IS gear isn't wanted in DDHM, sorry to break it to you. No one wants you to have stats you need for IS (which can be run in level 56 gear as Beritra servers has demonstrated it a year ago) for DDHM, that's just... ridiculous. You need DD stats for DD. 1.2k to 1.3k crit, over 3k accuracy, as much attack as you can stack. You're welcome.
This is "you need IS gear to run IS" all over again. People did DD in IS gear (not even purified) when the instance first launched, so it's silly to think you can't do the same now (with the instance being easier due to the reasons I mentioned earlier). If you were given the chance to take someone with better stats (assuming equal skill level) you'd most likely do it, but then the discussion is not about whether IS gear is enough to do the instance, is about what gear/stats you need to stand out from all the other people competing for a spot in the run.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:21 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Your IS gear isn't wanted in DDHM, sorry to break it to you. No one wants you to have stats you need for IS (which can be run in level 56 gear as Beritra servers has demonstrated it a year ago) for DDHM, that's just... ridiculous. You need DD stats for DD. 1.2k to 1.3k crit, over 3k accuracy, as much attack as you can stack. You're welcome.

Unless your server has hoards of assassins, people will want rangers for seals. Search it up, watch vids, learn it. Purify your IS set or upgrade to mythic AC, make your stats stronger: wake the hell up it's 5.0 not 4.0. Because rangers have this cool thing called Focused Evasion and they have a cool Aethertwisting replacement called Nature's Resolve, both of which are needed for seals, unless you have a gross 20k HP pool but considering you're in non-pure IS you probably have under 15k HP buffed- not good enough. Hell, some sins even build HP sets (with whatever base, even Stormwing or IS eternal socketed with white HP 80 stones does the job) just for seals because hey, why not.
So...3.3 k accuracy, 1.2 k crit and close to 1 k attack (like what, 5 attack off from 1 k attack) in full IS +10 with accessories isn't good enough for DD now? I mean, I was told I needed full IS for DD, and then when I got it all I was told it wasn't enough, so I augmented my stats specifically for DDHM exactly as I was told to and guess what? was still denied, even told as a ranger I wont be invited to IS. Not like it matters because I have both IS sets +10 and 5/6 of the kunax set to boot so I can purify either set when I finally get those accursed boots (what's that? need to pvp to get kunax armor but I'm supposed to be a bad player so I shouldn't have a single piece? what a travesty!)

And then you wonder why I hate each and every single person who plays this game huh? makes me wonder if I should quit for 60 days instead of 30 (what's that? quitting for 30 days to get AC gear cheaper even though players have proven that unless you use +5 or higher of the new manastones then AC gear is roughly equal to IS gear?! woot! now go die please)

Or should I just go wallet war my way to the full DD set only to realize the accursed game and playerbase I wasted my money on?

Last edited by Enrion - Siel; 10-17-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:47 PM
Elyos

dang so much salt lol.

Why do you even want DD gear? Like you said It's about on par with ac mythic. Also 5.1 is coming up which is supposed to have better pve set than ac.

If you just want to run DD once to see how it goes then fine, I understand. But after running it a few, the rewards vs. time invested is not worth it for me. lol
Old 10-18-2016, 10:33 AM
Elyos

thanks for the responses, but its more of a "u hurt my feelings" or "ur biased against gunners" thing at the moment. my main issue is, this is just an average sample of the 7 DPS (not including support SW):

1 sorc (1.5m-1.7m)
2 sorc (1.5m-1.7m)
3 sorc (1.5m-1.7m)
4 sin (who's doing seals and dying sometimes, 1.3m-1.4m)
5 glad (who's tankingn beritra, 1.2m-1.3m)
6 dps cleric (or ranger @ 1.2m-1.3m)
7 gunner (hovering around 950k-1m)

is this gunner considered a carry or not? the ranger in my group can pull at least 1.25m+, which was why i said i'd rather bring a ranger. if a ranger can pull that much, how does a gunner pull over 1.25m? what stats do they need? because the gunner i bring is in full +13/15 gear and is still failing to match dps with the ranger...

what's the mentality behind this gunner fighting for a spot in the ally when they know they can be easily replaced and when they know that we'd give them L/R box *for free* even if they didn't come...? personality of people who play gunners different? do gunners feel sad/angry for being left out? or do they understand they are playing a lower tiered class and don't mind.

EDIT: so last week i told the gunner to sit out, and i brought a sorc instead and we finished the run before the 3rd set of adds spawned. we can beat it with the gunner, but we'd get the 3rd set of adds, thus making the run more risky. (btw, im the assassin, im not the gunner in question) so basically, bringing the gunner extends the fight by 1-2min.

Last edited by Denlavis - Israphel; 10-18-2016 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:45 AM
Elyos

I have reached 1.5-1.7M DPS on my gunner. I ran DD with Unbreakable and we measured the run with Rainmeter, my gunner was 4th in the rankings and people told me my DPS was good. You can definitely reach high DPS on gunner with 4.0 gear (my gunner has nothing from 5.0 yet). Also, the gear i currently have is PvP gear, my gunner has no PvE gear!

I would definitely call this gunner a carry ._.

Last edited by VVhatever -; 10-18-2016 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:53 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuglenko - Siel View Post
I have reached 1.5-1.7M DPS on my gunner. I ran DD with Unbreakable and we measured the run with Rainmeter, my gunner was 4th in the rankings and people told me my DPS was good. You can definitely reach high DPS on gunner with 4.0 gear (my gunner has nothing from 5.0 yet). Also, the gear i currently have is PvP gear, my gunner has no PvE gear!

I would definitely call this gunner a carry ._.
could you give me a breakdown of your stigmas/rotation/gear/stats? or if you could make a video on your rotation on a high level dummy (enshar only...apparently cygnea is missing those) that would also help.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:22 PM
Elyos

Quote:
<snip>
You know what? tell me what I need then

How much Accuracy? (my accuracy without food is at 3.2 k, close to 3.3 k)
How much Attack? (my attack atm is 995 attack)
How much Crit Strike? (my corrent crit strike if I remember clearly was about 1.1 k)

Or better yet

How much ping? (my ping is about 120-220 ms)
How much fps? (max fps for me is about 35)
How much of whatever else as idk if to give a nyerk, because I've bent myself over backwards giving into everyone's demands when it comes to doing things only to be told its not enough; I nyerk you not if it wasn't for the now deceased "7th Circle" Legion I would have NEVER got into IS despite having over the minimum stats required to do it in KAHRUN's GEAR! not Stormwing, not Resurgent, Kahrun's gear, which I was told was acceptable at the time; there was even that rare time when a sorcerer named "Seretmi" told me I can't go N.Barracks because I'm physical dps and not magic dps!

So tell me, tell me, TELL ME what I need now, do I need 4 k accuracy with 1.5 k crit and attack with 17 k hp to boot to go DDHM now? go on, tell me

Because while Giint told me ill never get a straight answer here I am sick of having two people telling me two different things