Old 10-18-2016, 07:41 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: DDHM & Gunners

Here's a run from a few minutes ago with a gunner: http://imgur.com/a/MYfuZ

Mind you that we had an SM with IB so that boosted everyone's DPS, though we had some laggy people this run. AFAIK he uses mythic AC gear with +5 knowledge stones.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:15 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrion - Siel View Post
You know what? tell me what I need then

How much Accuracy? (my accuracy without food is at 3.2 k, close to 3.3 k)
How much Attack? (my attack atm is 995 attack)
How much Crit Strike? (my corrent crit strike if I remember clearly was about 1.1 k)

So tell me, tell me, TELL ME what I need now, do I need 4 k accuracy with 1.5 k crit and attack with 17 k hp to boot to go DDHM now? go on, tell me

Because while Giint told me ill never get a straight answer here I am sick of having two people telling me two different things
we're discussing gunners not rangers, but since you asked. it doesn't really matter if ur stats are good/bad. if u can't get a good rotation and at least 1.2m total damage on a high level dummy (enshar dummy) in 5min, it means you won't be able to carry ur own weight inn DDHM. the gunner in question i'm trying to help keeps trying to evade my 5min dummy tests. then cries when i don't take them.

i find that those who can hit 1.2m are good enough to run and carry their own weight. so basically, i only take people who can get 1.2m in 5min. it's a better test that looking at stats.

so...back on topic, i need a good gunner rotation video or list for 5.0, can anyone help? i'm giving this gunner one last chance to get 1.2m dmg on the last boss, cause they've gotten carried for 10 runs already. after that i'm benching them lol...
Old 10-19-2016, 04:43 PM
Elyos

Hi there,

As many have pointed out, you shouldn't reject a class based on its average performance against other classes. What matters is that the run goes smoothly.

I'm glad to hear that you are willing to take gunner to prove his dps on DDHM. As an organizer myself (EzkillaGS - TM-E), I know how difficult it is for a gunner to be accepted into DD runs.

First, about the class itself, gunners underperform compared to all other magic class with equivalent gear without a doubt. It's even hard to compete with average sorc even with almost capped end game stats. Ping also affects gunners the most as compared to all other magic classes (except AT probably?). To top it off, our rotations are very regimental (a few miss on rotation times will affect total dps output greatly) with a danger of running out of relevant skills to use if rotations are not used properly.

For reference purpose, I'm playing from Singapore (about 250ms ping with proxy), and very well equipped (4500+ mb, 2100+ Macc, 700+ critspell and 23k hp using food and scrolls only). I will post my average DPS (about 1.6m total damage) in few days time as I only run DDHM on weekends.

From the reference, you can tell that I barely can compete with a good sorcerer. But it also shows that a good gunner can participate in DDHM without any problems of being a carry in the run. I have another gunner (sanure - TM-E) in my usual runs which is of lesser gear, but outperforms me (probably due to his low ping and better rotations).

So, as for PvE, I am using the same stigmas for all instance / grinding:
Shellshock (MAJOR)
Juggernaut Cannon (GREATER)
Haemorrhage Shot (GREATER)
Shock & Awe - AOE, short stun (NORMAL)
Fiery Blast - AOE (NORMAL)
Blazing Bombardment (NORMAL)
Please note, fiery blast is never used on boss fights because other skills is enough to maintain rotation. So you might wanna change this, but I'm too lazy as I prefer the AOE for most other instances.

Secondly, the Rotation (all charge skills to be charged to stage 3):
Incendiary Shell > Juggernaut cannon > Snow Shell > Haarassing Fire > (To use these skills whenever it's off CD)
Shellshock > OR Blazing Bombardment OR > Shock & Awe > Left to right priority

If you ran out of mana or for low ping users, if Haemorrhage shot is not on cd, SWITCH TO PISTOLS

Crosstrigger chain > haemorrhage shot > reload > gunshot chain > SWITCH BACK TO CANNON
During switch weapons, use quieting gale as it has no cast animation

Juggernaut cannon reduces beritra msupp by 500 for 18s every 30s (similar to AT Sundering Blade but will higher downtime). This helps magical DPS, so do not miss time, hit any other target except beritra.

Finally, gunners are the next best class to do bombing of seals, after sins. We have Focus Evasion, Survival Instinct, hp leech skills, burst damage and with the right gear, 20k++ hp. This alone makes us much more valuable than any other magic dps.

Hope this helps.

On a side note, gunners PvE damage will be boosted by 10% flat on patch 5.1. Rejoice gunners!

Last edited by EzkillaSG - Tiamat; 10-19-2016 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:55 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denlavis - Israphel View Post
we're discussing gunners not rangers, but since you asked. it doesn't really matter if ur stats are good/bad. if u can't get a good rotation and at least 1.2m total damage on a high level dummy (enshar dummy) in 5min, it means you won't be able to carry ur own weight inn DDHM. the gunner in question i'm trying to help keeps trying to evade my 5min dummy tests. then cries when i don't take them.

i find that those who can hit 1.2m are good enough to run and carry their own weight. so basically, i only take people who can get 1.2m in 5min. it's a better test that looking at stats.

so...back on topic, i need a good gunner rotation video or list for 5.0, can anyone help? i'm giving this gunner one last chance to get 1.2m dmg on the last boss, cause they've gotten carried for 10 runs already. after that i'm benching them lol...
Is this final? (as in, 1.2 million damage in 5 minutes is the only qualification I need right?)

If so that's what ill do

But one last thing; is there anything extra I should be aware of when dealing with Siel Eylos pugs and DDHM?

Meanwhile, that 10% damage boost to gunslingers is sweet...

Last edited by Enrion - Siel; 10-21-2016 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:05 PM
Elyos

As promised the DPS of me on DDHM.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...psr1fw3caq.png
Old 10-29-2016, 05:22 PM
Asmodians

What's wrong with gunners?
http://makar.pw/up/ZaPAC.png

Last edited by Medori - Tiamat; 10-29-2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:39 PM
Asmodians

why bring a gunner when u can bring a sin or sorc? :P its not the class that's bad, ppl don't make an effort to try to improve dps. for those gunners above that posted, it means they are making an effort to learn rotations in order to get 1.3m+

it's always the player, and not the class imo.

http://i.imgur.com/kL3rV4r.jpg

Last edited by Devorer - Tiamat; 10-29-2016 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:11 PM
Asmodians

This is one of my better parses with EZkilla's group. Because of the charge skills in my rotation, my dps often appears about 1k more than it actually is.

http://i.imgur.com/OaIF2if.png

For reference I can almost compete with average DD sins at 5-6k, but the best DD sins 8k-9k dps are still unbeatable for gunners. Excited to see how the 5.1 changes will improve my rotation and damage.

and as others have said, definitely take the time to learn your class and improve your rotato.

~sanure

Last edited by NotMagikarp - Israphel; 10-30-2016 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:48 AM
Elyos

For the record, in 5.1 (with upgraded stable stance, upgraded harassing fire and enhance damage skill), gunslingers do a truck ton of pve dps (true dps, not just ARM dps). More than a similarly geared (and pve skilled) dual wield glad or sin in 5.xx instances. Have not yet compared to a similarly geard (and skilled) sorc/sm/sw/at in 5.1, but of those I would guess only a sorc and possibly a really played sm could out dps a properly played gunslinger.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:11 PM
Elyos

Sorry for the delay...don't run DD on a regular anymore. But gunners can definitely DPS, especially in 5.1.

http://imgur.com/w6GDp2O

-Mud