Old 10-22-2016, 11:19 PM
Asmodians
Default noob templar questions

1. Is the Pure Hyperion set good for templar? someone one reddit said isn't great to templar.
2. why do templar use mace with shield?
3. what manastone do temps usually go for now? crit on armors , hp on shields?

thanks
Old 10-24-2016, 06:58 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: noob templar questions

You might have already, but take a look around the front page of this sub forum. Might give you a good idea.

IMO for PvE, IS set is still fine (Hyperion). Pure would be better, all Attack/Crit.
However, the Ancient Coin mythic set is pretty easy to obtain. Both sets could be used differently down the road, but you're going to need to invest into one of them. I know Pure IS pieces are in LFG right now, I'm just not sure on pricing and if it is worth the investment when you can just make mythic AC instead without spending as much, potentially.

5.1 brings new PvE but you're going to need some sort of PvE set to complete it. From what I understand the stats are demanding, but this set is supposed to be really good (from what I hear. Haven't seen stats myself).

My pve set is IS, full Attack/Crit. My PvE shield sword/shield are HP, yes.

My pvp sets are:
Attack/Crit - Shadowshift
Crit/MR - Eclipse
Block/Crit - Mythic BM
Crit/Acc - Ambassador (needs upgrading)
Crit or Crit/Attack - In the making (Mythic BM)

5.1 gives us arena an arena gear too. Consider that set. Make some alts and afk farm them and farm on your main. I believe some/most items required for purchasing gear are trade able.

I have:

Block - Mace/Shield
MR - Mace/Shield
HP - PvE Sword/Shield

Last edited by Giint - Siel; 10-25-2016 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:52 PM
Elyos

The Past:
Templars USED to use maces almost exclusively for a combination of several factors. higher damage and enchant bonus than swords, higher accuracy, higher magic accuracy and extra magic boost. it made our already weak 1 handed attacks as strong as they could be, and gave extra accuracy and damage to the magic nukes we were forced to take for our DPS stigma build.

Since the 4.8 update, Maces have become only equal to swords, not better not worse. Most temps already had a pimped out mace by then so there was no reason to change to using a sword without getting a major boost. The only sword users were pretty much people with hyperion or beritra 6/6 set effects, the latter of which actually DID give a significant dps boost over whatever warhammers were available.

Now:
There are no physical-mods warhammers added in 5.0 except the Mythic AC hammer. It'll last you a while but there's no real reason to aggressively pursue owning one if you didn't already have the eternal one. Once you actually get to 70 You'll want to get either an Archive weapon or lv 77 worlddrop weapon, with 4-5 levels reduction, which is limited to 1h swords for us templars.

for PVP I'd still say the lv 65 extendable mace is best item, but if you want PVP attack you will have to become a General or look to swords.

Manastones I like to go crit on armor till I have enough, then fill in Attack everywhere else. Eventually you'll want to be more specialized than that though. Like you can socket to 1150 crit with buffs to handle most players, then have an attack weapon, and then also have a crit weapon for those players or bosses that have stupid amounts of extra strike resist.

Real armor sets get even more specific. Once you get into composites, ancients, or attribute stones, it becomes a whole new ballgame. for right now just do crit 17s in armor to 1k crit, rely on food+scroll to get 1150, and fill the rest with attack. balance your essences between power and precision as necessary.

Last edited by Disregard - Tiamat; 10-25-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:40 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disregard - Tiamat View Post
The Past:
Templars USED to use maces almost exclusively for a combination of several factors. higher damage and enchant bonus than swords, higher accuracy, higher magic accuracy and extra magic boost. it made our already weak 1 handed attacks as strong as they could be, and gave extra accuracy and damage to the magic nukes we were forced to take for our DPS stigma build.

Since the 4.8 update, Maces have become only equal to swords, not better not worse. Most temps already had a pimped out mace by then so there was no reason to change to using a sword without getting a major boost. The only sword users were pretty much people with hyperion or beritra 6/6 set effects, the latter of which actually DID give a significant dps boost over whatever warhammers were available.

Now:
There are no physical-mods warhammers added in 5.0 except the Mythic AC hammer. It'll last you a while but there's no real reason to aggressively pursue owning one if you didn't already have the eternal one. Once you actually get to 70 You'll want to get either an Archive weapon or lv 77 worlddrop weapon, with 4-5 levels reduction, which is limited to 1h swords for us templars.

for PVP I'd still say the lv 65 extendable mace is best item, but if you want PVP attack you will have to become a General or look to swords.

Manastones I like to go crit on armor till I have enough, then fill in Attack everywhere else. Eventually you'll want to be more specialized than that though. Like you can socket to 1150 crit with buffs to handle most players, then have an attack weapon, and then also have a crit weapon for those players or bosses that have stupid amounts of extra strike resist.

Real armor sets get even more specific. Once you get into composites, ancients, or attribute stones, it becomes a whole new ballgame. for right now just do crit 17s in armor to 1k crit, rely on food+scroll to get 1150, and fill the rest with attack. balance your essences between power and precision as necessary.
I would consider this accurate.