Old 11-04-2016, 04:19 AM
Elyos
Default when SW pro vs Sorcerer pro in pvp

why the sorcerer hold receive infiltration of big damage and the sw not

what's the difference, sw when receive damage from sorcerer falls more HP.

when sw use big damage in sorcerer falls very little HP

sorcerer have skills that decreases resistence, magic boost , magical acc from adversary?

sometimes i think sorcerer are using gear of templar, or is very temperings in acessores above +5 that change all theory.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:09 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: when SW pro vs Sorcerer pro in pvp

Maybe you're just bad?
Old 11-04-2016, 07:30 AM
Asmodians

As a songweaver all magic seems to hurt cause i honestly am not even over 2k ms unless i use food or get cleric+ buff.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:18 AM
Asmodians

Sorcs/SMs have a passive that gives them +180 MS (Boost Magic Suppression V), which SWs don't have. They also have a passive that gives them +100 elemental resistance (Raise Elemental Defense I), which SWs have too.

Additionally, sorcs have:
-Elemental Ward (+300 elemental resistance): 300 + 100 from passive + 100 from scrolls + 60 from food = 560 elemental resistance, that's roughly a 50% damage mitigation against magical skills. Not all sorcs run elemental scrolls/food, but just with Ele Ward + passive they reach 400 elemental resistance.

-Robe of Cold (+200 MS): you'll rarely see them using this buff as it also has a reflect effect that can accidentally cancel their own sleeps, usually only used for kiting as the reflect also causes a snare debuff

A sorc wearing a MS set can reach anything between 3K ~ 3.8K MS depending on their accs/buffs/level, so if they were fighting a SW with 4.5K MB, that SW's "real" MB against a 3.8K MS set would be a measly 700 MB. Add to that elemental resistance buffs (100 elemental resistance = roughly 10% damage redcution against magical attacks, the stat has dimishing returns though , so 1K elemental resistance would not equal 100% damage mitigation).

Last edited by Upotatoein - Siel; 11-04-2016 at 08:21 AM.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:50 AM
Asmodians

Im almost 4.9k mb on my sw. I still need to get some knowledge 7s in my lunar harp but i been lazy. Some ppl i feel i do no damage to at all but i think thats my accessories. Dont think 5.1 is bringing new acessories but well see.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Elyos

If the sorc has elemental ward plus stoneskin on, it will take some time to break the shield and ew is kinda like iron skin vs magic class. Plus now we have terra form so you will need to be aware of those
Old 11-06-2016, 10:24 AM
Elyos

I recommend you watching Captain J on YouTube. His main toon is a SW on South Korean server "Munin"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyjV8dPM7uY&t=806s

It's sometimes not all about the damage you deal, but the tactic in the skills to cause it.

If you're unable to kill your enemy, then there's something wrong with how you execute it. If I managed to kill a 5-star officer with my level 67 Chanter in Resurgent gear, I'm sure you can too if you tried.

Last edited by Kubei -; 11-06-2016 at 10:27 AM.