Old 11-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Elyos
Default Attack vs Crit

Between attack and crit, which one is better to stack up on?

My stats unbuffed are around 830 attack and 710 crit, and I see a lot of geared sins at 1k+ crit doing way higher damage than me even if their attack is lower. My gear is socketed mainly with +5 attacks, so I was wondering if it was worth taking out +5 attacks and putting in crit in their place, since attack/crit manastones are pretty expensive right now.

Or the problem could be with my gear - I'm looking to upgrade from mythic AC gear, which I'm using right now. Is there any gear I could go for with mythic AC that would give me higher base attack/crit?

Any advice is appreciated. ^^
Old 11-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Attack vs Crit

Every 10 crit strike gives +1% chance to crit, and the defender's strike resist subtracts from the attacker's crit strike before the % chance is calculated.

The crit cap is a 50% chance, so for anything with 0 strike resist, that means 500 crit strike is the cap. For Infinity Shard, you need 1200 (buffed) crit to be at the cap for Hyperion, because Hyperion has 700 strike resist. This means that usually, you should have at least 1000 unbuffed crit to reach 1200 with scrolls/food (don't count on a chanter being there, although they can also increase your crit strike). Basically, use crit strike stones until you have around 1000-1100 and then use attack. You can also use precision/power to replace crit/attack, but they should be at least +4 stones.

Mythic AC gear is pretty good; probably the only thing to replace it would be high-level mythic drops in Iluma/Norsvold or upgraded gear from AoE.

‾‾'-={~}=-'‾‾

Last edited by Deltavolt - Siel; 11-05-2016 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:32 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Attack vs Crit

Everything you need to know about stats has already been compiled into one thread. While all of us would love to epeen our post counts, if this were any other properly moderated forum this threads would be deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltavolt - Israphel View Post
Mythic AC gear is pretty good; probably the only thing to replace it would be high-level mythic drops in Iluma/Norsvold or upgraded gear from AoE.
This is misleading. Mythic AC is good for dps if it is high enchanted, same as ANY other armour. A set of +15 50E gear will net higher damage gains than a +5 Mythic AC set, given the same socketed manastones.

I would go as far to say as Mythic AC gear is NOT good because of the huge potential of lost investment in trying to get it at a decent working level compared to gear that doesn't break on enchantment failure.

Assassin Guide - http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?p=2012210
4.9 PvP Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdoVS22rPs

Last edited by Mempo -; 11-06-2016 at 06:40 PM.