Old 11-06-2016, 03:48 PM
Asmodians
Default Cleric guide..?

I've been playing Aion for quite a few years already, and I have always loved the Priest class, especially Clerics. I, however, couldn't bring myself to create a Cleric due to my intense and stupid fear of making mistakes. So, could any veteran Cleric out there give me some advice? I'm planning on being a DPS Cleric, but since I'm a priest class in general, people would probably expect me to heal them regardless of what "kind" of a cleric I am.
Firstly, What stigmas should I equip? (for PVP, PVE and heal)
And secondly, what skills are the most important? Which ones aren't important at all? (for both, DPS and heal)
I keybind most of my skills, so I'd appreciate it if any of you could tell me which ones are the most used/important skills so I can put them as close to the w-a-s-d field as possible, haha.
If you're a SUPPORT heal in one of the new instances, would it be okay for you to keep wearing a MB gear?
I was also wondering what the max cap for MB (for dps set) is, now that 5.0 is out. Around 3k maybe..? Or not?
I've read countless cleric guides already, but none of them could actually answer my questions, so I decided to put it on here. Sorry if it's annoying. Again, I'd be really thankful if some veterans could answer my questions, and maybe give me a little more advice if possible.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:53 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Cleric guide..?

Hello,

I'm far from being a veteran, but my main is a cleric so I think I can help you with a few things. First of all, don't be afraid lol. I know it's easy to say that, but I was exactly the same as you. I was always afraid to join instances because I was scared to nyerk up and then get yelled at. After a while I joined a good legion and they are all very kind and helpful, so little by little, my fear went away. So I would say, make a cleric, and find a legion where they can help you. If you still have to join pug groups, then make sure you apologize if you actually make a mistake (don't apologize if the run goes bad because of someone else's mistake though) and if they are still calling you names, blaming you, etc, then make sure you don't group with them again.

Secondly, clerics can pull really good DPS (one that competes with a sorcerer's DPS), but if you don't wanna heal at all, I would say don't make a cleric. They shine the best in support role and most people want them in support in any kind of group setup. I'm sure you already know this, but when you see people looking for clerics in LFG, they want a support spec healer. Personally, I do DPS but only when I'm soloing or duoing with my boyfriend who plays Gladiator. In group setups, I almost always heal. It does not mean that you can't throw in a little DPS when there is nothing to heal, but majority of the time, you gonna be healing. If you don't like that, honestly I would say, choose a different class.

For stigmas there are 3 routes you can take. Support, DPS and a mix.

For support role this is what I use: Benevolence, Ripple of Purification, Healing Servant, Noble Grace, Saving Grace, Power Sprint. Bene, Ripple, Noble and Saving are always socketed in every heal-cleric, Healing Servant is optional, you can switch it out to Splendor of Rebirth, it's a matter of preference. Noble and Saving are also always socketed, but Power Sprint is a matter of preference as well, you can switch it out to Sympathetic Heal or Reverse Condition.

I'm probably not the best to ask about DPS spec but I will try. I usually use Call Lightning, Summon Noble Energy, Chain of Suffering, Sacrificial Power, Retribution Lightning, Power Sprint. Call Lightning, Sac Power, Retribution Lightning and Summon is always socketed I think. Others are optional.

Honestly, these setups work for PVE and PVP as well, but keep in mind, in group setups you will probably be asked to be in heal spec, unless, of course, you tell them you wanna be a DPS. If you are solo PVP'ing, thus in DPS spec, you might want to equip Blinding Light, that can Blind your target.

Every skill is important haha. I use most of my skills on a daily basis. Obviously not every instance or situation requires me to use my 30m CD 4k DP skill for example, but it is useful and sometimes needed. And of course, when I'm in heal spec, I hardly use the DPS skills. Or vica-versa. I'm a half-keybind half-clicker person, I usually have the single-target heals, group-heals, cleanse, dispel, remove shock, greater healing potions and mana potions keybinded (so the most often used stuff), others I usually click. I don't have dps skills keybinded either, but that's because I don't DPS that much. If you are planning to DPS more, you might want to do that differently. Eventually you will find a setup that works well for you, I changed it around countless times till I found the one that is suitable for my play style.

No. Don't wear MB spec in the new instances. Honestly, don't wear MB spec in MOST of the instances actually, well if you are planning on being the healer of the group, that is. In PVE support, people will want you to be in HP set. And clerics in HP set with heal stigmas equipped... well they hit like a wet noodle. You either DPS or do support, cleric is a class where mix and match doesn't really work.

I'm pretty sure clerics can reach way over 4k Magic Boost if equipped properly.

Anyways, the most important thing, have fun^^

Last edited by Darkleila - Israphel; 11-07-2016 at 01:55 AM.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:36 PM
Asmodians

Late reply, but thank you! I'll be sure to remember all of this. Guess I'll work on a HP set first before going for a MB set. :P
I personally don't mind healing, but I've seen lots of Clerics getting yelled at for no reason at all in most instance groups I was part of ("for no reason" as in;; the cleric in my group once got fearlocked and the glad yelled at her for 'dozing off' lol), and that kinda stuff really gets to me.
I just made a cleric 2 hours ago and managed to get her to 25(-ish) already! Such a nice class. Love 'em. *^*
Old 11-17-2016, 05:56 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitou - Siel View Post
Late reply, but thank you! I'll be sure to remember all of this. Guess I'll work on a HP set first before going for a MB set. :P
I personally don't mind healing, but I've seen lots of Clerics getting yelled at for no reason at all in most instance groups I was part of ("for no reason" as in;; the cleric in my group once got fearlocked and the glad yelled at her for 'dozing off' lol), and that kinda stuff really gets to me.
I just made a cleric 2 hours ago and managed to get her to 25(-ish) already! Such a nice class. Love 'em. *^*
Cleric is amazingly face-roll to level now. You can literally solo up to archdaeva levels, including most dungeon content. Healing is a nasty role to embark upon. My advice is make sure to either have a thick skin or flat out don't give a nyerk while learning the nuances of your own play style. People will cry, rage, etc.....expect it, it will happen whether or not your actions could have affected the outcome.