Old 11-18-2016, 06:28 PM
Elyos
Default what else we can win

in every time i search about templar vs sw, cleric, sm, gunner or even sorc i find posts with much comments discussing how to win but usually it ends to temps can't usually win

same for glads, but tbh i didn't give a hoot and i made a temp but after many tries of making a temp it seems that was true, temps or plates are really hard to win against good ranged magic class when they are euqal in gear and experience .

i am not saying impossible but u need to be over geared temp to win a normal geared magic class.

personally i like plate style but all my tries to play plate always fail cuz of my friends who beating me always in pvp 1vs1 on their magic classes although we are equal in gear & experience.

on the other side i've played sorc,sm,sw and i found the easiest classes for me were the plates .

so which kind of balance aion makers talking about ? and if the plates can't win against most of classes what else we can win ?

i were always unconvinced that aion is unbalanced in 1vs1 pvp which is much important for me than group vs group but the game is deadly unbalanced when a noob SW win a ranked temp as you will see in that video a rank 2 sw vs army 1 star temp and i said noob sw cuz he didn't play in special way its just what any sw can do run, heal & attack.

i am playing now SM and yes i don't like magic classes but its shame when a noob magic class wins me even if i am over geared compared to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ8FBR7N2FI

Last edited by Adrastus - Siel; 11-18-2016 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:11 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: what else we can win

Temps do need a bit of gear before they can take on most ranged classes, assuming those ranged know what they are doing.

My gear is acceptable and I find Sorc/Gunner to be fairly simple. SW is always gonna be difficult. I'm still trying to find a concrete tactic to killing them but without a silence godstone it can be really annoying if they're as geared as you are, have to anticipate and be very quick. Most of their instant casts are going to nail you regardless if their ping is even half decent. That one is an uphill battle.

Cleric feels like a battle of attrition (this is all godstone not included, those can be insta-win). You both are wearing each other out of cds but with cleric it feels like you need to be able to capitalize quickly. You only have so many windows of kill time or it's reset.

Sorc I dunno. You need to be tanky. Not saying you need msupp but you have to be prepared to outlast cc chains and nuke /silence buries. Sorc rotations are pretty simple to anticipate and are very generic so that's not impossible. A lot of it is being aggressive with stuns. Holy punishment will be your best friend /w an extendie. "Capture and complete".

Gunners typically get eaten. Hold your pots, watch for their silence. After that close them down they don't usually last or have control outside of a pull lock if you can stay aggressive and hold the pulls. Like AT though, you are going to take massive damage quickly so be prepared to heal up WHILE you are being aggressive. Total control is the name of the game, just like Ranger. If you give them a window they can do serious damage so keep it closed.

Last edited by Giint - Siel; 11-24-2016 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:56 PM
Elyos

my i really hate to fight templar, i mean i know i can kill them but everytime they get low hp and then poped 2k dp...and then iron skin -> EP -> the vision shield -> terra form...takes forever to kill them
Old 11-25-2016, 06:57 PM
Elyos

if you want some tip's on fighting range class then try to pop stubborn spirit.
that should reduce dmg by a lot and most cc wont land on you.
and as Glint said once you pulled them over then it is basically done if you do the dmg rotation right.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:37 AM
Asmodians

Yaaa, on a pull a Templar needs to make sure rs is down if they're gonna burst. Any attempt to stunlock if it is up is just gonna result in an RS cc or a blink and illusion into boon into cc. I'm not sure if I would suggest pulling the remove shock to cancel as A)Sorcs can be pretty clutch with tree cc off RS and B) you wasted a pull outside of a stunlock. Sorcs can interrupt pretty easily if they can't be locked down.

Stubborn is great, but I don't consider it anything to block cc's (I gave up on MR and resisting cc vs Sorc a while ago). The 700ms is a welcome side effect, but mostly I pop stubborn vs sorc to counter root and to mitigate a silence / root bury because freeze and chain won't land the debuff. So not only is my speed maintained, but I may pick up a resist proc for a stun as well and it instantly puts a Sorc into panic/clutch mode which is gonna force almost all of their major cds (the ones listed above).

Last edited by Giint - Siel; 11-26-2016 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:22 AM
Elyos

Against equally geared Ranged Classes its just like smashing head on wall.
Before 5.0, my biggest fear was facing SM/SW in 1v1. Now its Rangers and Clerics.

The essences really opened up more options for some classes to be extremely anti Templar. Terra skin is just too freaking OP.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:34 PM
Asmodians

A lot of winning vs magic classes depends on your opening and follow up. That's where the fight is won or lost IMO. holy punishment stuns through shields, we can weave off stone skin in a couple strokes... You do the rest. it's all about a timed and precision lockdown before the opponent has time to do anything. Elsewise you have a very small, small window considering natural reaction is going to be sm bg/danceoff/rs cc.

Those are your three biggest concerns IMO
Old 02-12-2017, 12:54 AM
Elyos

What set you need to fight each class:
Against temp = acc set, block set, atk/crit set.
Against glad = block set, atk/crit set.
Against gunner= mr set
Against sw= mr set, atk/crit set
Against at = mr set (probably ms set is a good choice too, but wasn't a big fan in ms set)
Against sorc= mr set
Against sm = mr set (not much you can do against overly geared onces with fears)
Against cleric = acc set, atk crit set, mr set
Against ranger = atk/crit set
Against sin = atk/crit set

Besides overgeared sm who fear locks 24/7 you, the rest of classes should not be hard for templars assuming you are equally geared as your opponents and know how to fight each class (proper understanding of opponents' offensive/defensive period, proper knowledge of stigmas usage against each class, proper rotation of burst, calculation of oppoents' rs timing, etc)

Against sw, ranger, sorc, gunner and sin, these 5 classes are piece of cakes for templars, so you should never lose against them.

Last edited by Kuni - Siel; 02-12-2017 at 12:56 AM.