Old 12-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Asmodians
Default Chanters in Aion need to group together and have a meeting.

it is 5.1 folks. Lately there has been a huge increase of stupid people playing chanters....

Someone make a guide in every fricken language spoken on earth (and get it sticky to the chanter forum) on how mantra's work when there are 2 of more chanters in the same party. In the past 2 weeks I can not count how many times 2 chanters have been canceling out each others mantra and either a language barrier or pure stupidity neither chanter could fix the issue of their mantra's canceling out.

TY from everyone who doesn't play a chanter.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:17 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Chanters in Aion need to group together and have a meeting.

I used to main chanter. Cant really teach people... people use shield, invisibility and hit mantra for pve instances and im like fyi revival is better then shield... i also love it when people just pop there buffs because they can. You have to be aware of whats going on around you to be a good chanter and well, cant really teach that.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:31 AM
Asmodians

This post is highly ironic to me since I just made my first chanter yesterday, and am indeed a stupid people.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:50 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanza - Siel View Post
I used to main chanter. Cant really teach people... people use shield, invisibility and hit mantra for pve instances and im like fyi revival is better then shield... i also love it when people just pop there buffs because they can. You have to be aware of whats going on around you to be a good chanter and well, cant really teach that.
I was beginning to think *I* was missing something with how many chanters I've seen lately picking shield over revival. My only guess is people still aren't aware that revival got updated and now gives 10% to all heal skills(which by itself blows shield mantra away) in addition to the original crappy HOT.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:33 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmoPride - View Post
it is 5.1 folks. Lately there has been a huge increase of stupid people playing chanters....

Someone make a guide in every fricken language spoken on earth (and get it sticky to the chanter forum) on how mantra's work when there are 2 of more chanters in the same party. In the past 2 weeks I can not count how many times 2 chanters have been canceling out each others mantra and either a language barrier or pure stupidity neither chanter could fix the issue of their mantra's canceling out.

TY from everyone who doesn't play a chanter.
Don't you think it'd be a waste to have a whole guide dedicated to just how mantras work? It's really straightforward: 4 mantras max. If more than 4 different mantras are active, the mantras rotate every second or two. End of story :/

If you're talking about a guide for chanters in general, the problem with that is that even today, there are different chanters who believe in different ways they should be playing their class in both group pvp and pve. Before 4.7, it was pretty straightforward, but ever since the skill update where they turned some of our best offensive stigmas into regular skills, there hasn't been a universal "right way" to play a chanter as far as the community is concerned.

Just as an example, with respect to group pvp, some chanters think you should DPS the whole time; some chanters think you should heal the whole time; some chanters think you should balance both; some chanters think you should turtle in a block set; some chanters think you should use a heal boost set; some chanters think you should use a mace/shield; some chanters think you should use a staff. The list goes on.

Last edited by Rinkusan -; 12-12-2016 at 12:42 PM.