Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Soldier
  • Posts: 4
Default advice on duels approach

Hello fellow chanters!

Is it just me or we seem a little weak past 5.0 patch?

Although mages are difficult and i expect a tough match, it seems that rangers and gladiators hit like trucks. Given i don't have too op gear, mix of r1 +13 with mythic bm +10, +10 plume, and mythic AC staff +10 combined with arena mythic, it might be explainable, but still it seems too off. I am lvl 71 and also have the pvp buff on.

So can you guys put me up to date? How do you fight geared glads and rangers? Is the classic block set a must? I hate to use it tho, and i never made one.

What about sorcs/sw? Is m. supress set a must?

How do you guys use your essences?

Must say that although this account is realtive new, i have alot of former experience in playing aion, quitted at a certain point and came back, so the level of nubness is not out of the roof ^^


Thx for reading, any advice is more than welcome.
  #2  
Old 12-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Elyos
  • Rank: General
  • Posts: 162
Default Re: advice on duels approach

Watch their buffs. If you see a ranger mau formed or a glad with berserking its best to just kite it/guard hump till it's down, or use your own dp skills/blessing of wind +a shield to even the odds.

M supp set used to be decent pre 5.0, but now....not so much tbh. Most mages out and about pvping are hitting enough MB to where it doesn't make a noticeable difference in my personal experience. Basically the only time I use it now is against clerics in a block set to counter troll them and make it the most boring fight possible in aion.

I've been putting the vast majority into power and precision, with some going into the fire transform skill(most chanters seem to prefer earth though) and some into the pvp archdaeva skills.

Songweavers...yeah I don't know, I get wrecked by them so I'll let someone else answer that.

Last edited by Etherealism - Siel; 12-08-2016 at 11:08 AM.
  #3  
Old 12-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Soldier
  • Posts: 4
Default Re: advice on duels approach

Thx for reply Ether. Can i ask what set u use for m supress?
  #4  
Old 12-10-2016, 11:52 AM
Elyos
  • Rank: General
  • Posts: 162
Default Re: advice on duels approach

It's an orb set, which isn't the best but is definitely the easiest to farm out of your options for an m supp set.
  #5  
Old 12-11-2016, 11:51 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: General
  • Posts: 275
Default Re: advice on duels approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopzy - Siel View Post
Hello fellow chanters!

Is it just me or we seem a little weak past 5.0 patch?

Although mages are difficult and i expect a tough match, it seems that rangers and gladiators hit like trucks. Given i don't have too op gear, mix of r1 +13 with mythic bm +10, +10 plume, and mythic AC staff +10 combined with arena mythic, it might be explainable, but still it seems too off. I am lvl 71 and also have the pvp buff on.

So can you guys put me up to date? How do you fight geared glads and rangers? Is the classic block set a must? I hate to use it tho, and i never made one.

What about sorcs/sw? Is m. supress set a must?

How do you guys use your essences?

Must say that although this account is realtive new, i have alot of former experience in playing aion, quitted at a certain point and came back, so the level of nubness is not out of the roof ^^


Thx for reading, any advice is more than welcome.
-"Is it just me or we seem a little weak past 5.0 patch?"

Match-up wise, I think chanters are still decent this patch. In my opinion, we have a slight advantage over glads, sorcs, and gunners and a decent advantage over templars; we have a relatively even match-up with the leathers, a small disadvantage against AT's, a significant disadvantage against SW's, and a gigantic disadvantage against SM's.

Overall, I'd say that we're a pretty well-balanced class.

-"So can you guys put me up to date? How do you fight geared glads and rangers? Is the classic block set a must?"

For the ranger, no, although it is convenient if you happen to get stuck with a buried blind. As for the gladiator, absolutely. PVP dps and PVP defense sadly don't scale up equally as you get closer to endgame; the closer you are to "the most theoretically geared PVPer", the faster your health drops in a PVP fight between equally geared players.

This is a plus for gladiators because they have a time limit in this match-up, so they need all the burst they can get to take you down. By time limit, I mean that if their Unwavering Devotion is down and you're still healthy, you've won. End of story. However, they also have numerous kill windows during the time that their Unwavering Devotion is up, the most noticeable window being the moment they pop Berserking. At endgame, where there's more PVP damage than PVP defense, these kill windows become more threatening.

If you don't use a block set during some of these windows, especially the Berserking window, you're going to have a very hard time taking down an equally geared, equally skilled, and equally pinged glad.

-"What about sorcs/sw? Is m. supress set a must?"

Magic suppression sets are currently outdated in this patch. You sadly cannot get enough magic suppression to counter the bonus MB that magic classes get from Knowledge points.

That being said, you really don't even need a magic suppression set against a sorc since you have other tools to counter their nuke rotations.

As for the songweaver, keep in mind that in this match-up, YOU are the one chasing them, and they are the ones kiting you. They are blessed with magical crowd control and stronger single-target heals that they can use while you dance for their amusement. You are not trying to outlive them; you are trying to burst them down before their penguin cooldown comes back up. For this reason, you should not be using an msupp set that sacrifices your ability to DPS and lock down a songweaver AKA your only chance of winning this match-up.
  #6  
Old 12-12-2016, 09:31 AM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Enraged Aftershock's Beard
  • Posts: 7,692
Default Re: advice on duels approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkusan - Siel View Post
-"Is it just me or we seem a little weak past 5.0 patch?"

Match-up wise, I think chanters are still decent this patch. In my opinion, we have a slight advantage over glads, sorcs, and gunners and a decent advantage over templars; we have a relatively even match-up with the leathers, a small disadvantage against AT's, a significant disadvantage against SW's, and a gigantic disadvantage against SM's.

Overall, I'd say that we're a pretty well-balanced class.

-"So can you guys put me up to date? How do you fight geared glads and rangers? Is the classic block set a must?"

For the ranger, no, although it is convenient if you happen to get stuck with a buried blind. As for the gladiator, absolutely. PVP dps and PVP defense sadly don't scale up equally as you get closer to endgame; the closer you are to "the most theoretically geared PVPer", the faster your health drops in a PVP fight between equally geared players.

This is a plus for gladiators because they have a time limit in this match-up, so they need all the burst they can get to take you down. By time limit, I mean that if their Unwavering Devotion is down and you're still healthy, you've won. End of story. However, they also have numerous kill windows during the time that their Unwavering Devotion is up, the most noticeable window being the moment they pop Berserking. At endgame, where there's more PVP damage than PVP defense, these kill windows become more threatening.

If you don't use a block set during some of these windows, especially the Berserking window, you're going to have a very hard time taking down an equally geared, equally skilled, and equally pinged glad.

-"What about sorcs/sw? Is m. supress set a must?"

Magic suppression sets are currently outdated in this patch. You sadly cannot get enough magic suppression to counter the bonus MB that magic classes get from Knowledge points.

That being said, you really don't even need a magic suppression set against a sorc since you have other tools to counter their nuke rotations.

As for the songweaver, keep in mind that in this match-up, YOU are the one chasing them, and they are the ones kiting you. They are blessed with magical crowd control and stronger single-target heals that they can use while you dance for their amusement. You are not trying to outlive them; you are trying to burst them down before their penguin cooldown comes back up. For this reason, you should not be using an msupp set that sacrifices your ability to DPS and lock down a songweaver AKA your only chance of winning this match-up.
Hey Rinku, good to see you still around.

At the same time, he's going to need to be prepared for the fact that glads are hitting ridiculous high acc with builds that are relatively easy to make. An alternative might be to stick with MA and render his UD more or less useless. I'm no Chanter. Just a thought. Most of the time I fight Chanters who win on my Templar it's because they've made UD essentially non-existent. To boot, not a lot of Temps use MR or slot AA anymore.
__________________
Twitter - https://twitter.com/sunnymuffinz123
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/aftershockaion
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/aftershockmedia

Last edited by Giint - Siel; 12-12-2016 at 10:48 AM.
  #7  
Old 12-12-2016, 11:44 AM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Soldier
  • Posts: 4
Default Re: advice on duels approach

Thx alot for your time, really comprehensive tips.
Have a good one!
  #8  
Old 12-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Soldier
  • Posts: 4
Default Re: advice on duels approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIint - Siel View Post
Hey Rinku, good to see you still around.

At the same time, he's going to need to be prepared for the fact that glads are hitting ridiculous high acc with builds that are relatively easy to make. An alternative might be to stick with MA and render his UD more or less useless. I'm no Chanter. Just a thought. Most of the time I fight Chanters who win on my Templar it's because they've made UD essentially non-existent. To boot, not a lot of Temps use MR or slot AA anymore.
What would you say would be optimum MA number?

Thx
  #9  
Old 12-12-2016, 12:12 PM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 470
Default Re: advice on duels approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopzy - Siel View Post
What would you say would be optimum MA number?

Thx
Take opponents MR.


That's your desired MAcc.




I swear to god Keith if you're perpetuating the idea that MAcc helps stuns land through UD, you're an even greater troll than I am.
__________________
Remember the rules and abide by them.
http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/faq.php?faq=_#faq_v
*new account to post under as my main is not one I play with*
  #10  
Old 12-12-2016, 12:15 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: General
  • Posts: 275
Default Re: advice on duels approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIint - Siel View Post
Hey Rinku, good to see you still around.

At the same time, he's going to need to be prepared for the fact that glads are hitting ridiculous high acc with builds that are relatively easy to make. An alternative might be to stick with MA and render his UD more or less useless. I'm no Chanter. Just a thought. Most of the time I fight Chanters who win on my Templar it's because they've made UD essentially non-existent. To boot, not a lot of Temps use MR or slot AA anymore.
Hey aftershock! Likewise. I still roam the official forums from time to time, looking for actual discussions as opposed to the typical call-out threads that boil down to nothing more than "I'm better than you; look at my screenshots" :/

"An alternative might be to stick with MA and render his UD more or less useless"

Oh, don't get me wrong; I think that in every chanter vs X match-up, you should be using an offensive MA set. It's just that gladiators have several kill windows when they have UD up; that doesn't mean that the entire duration of UD is a kill window. It's efficient and important to the match-up to narrow or eliminate these kill windows with a block set as much as you can before going on the offensive.


"he's going to need to be prepared for the fact that glads are hitting ridiculous high acc with builds that are relatively easy to make."

How much acc are glads hitting nowadays, anyway?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:51 AM.