Old 01-28-2017, 10:25 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Beyond the Windstream: Forum Update, Producerís Letter & More

Actually the above post kind of has a point. I know there's nothing you guys can do (I guess), you need to confront not only the fact that people are leaving but also WHY they are leaving. I don't think Aions population has really bounced back after all these years. My memory serves me correctly and the disparity between then and now is kind of crazy.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:42 AM
Asmodians

@ Hime or the GM's

Every major update we normally have a post to ask PD Gideon questions. With the update with new content and probably the server merge at the same time I think people will have a lot more useful questions to ask him. Every update someone asks Gideon the same 2 questions that's on the minds of everyone. Gideon always tries to answer these 2 questions. To save him the time of answering them could a GM answer the 2 all important questions when the time comes near so we don't have to bother Gideon with them and he can have more time to answer our other questions.

1. How large is this update going to be (ie: "x" amount of gigabytes)

2. How long do you expect the servers to be down for maintenance (ie: we think the servers will be down for about "x" amount of hours before they are up and running again
Old 01-29-2017, 02:12 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpiredTuna - View Post
@ Hime or the GM's

Every major update we normally have a post to ask PD Gideon questions. With the update with new content and probably the server merge at the same time I think people will have a lot more useful questions to ask him. Every update someone asks Gideon the same 2 questions that's on the minds of everyone. Gideon always tries to answer these 2 questions. To save him the time of answering them could a GM answer the 2 all important questions when the time comes near so we don't have to bother Gideon with them and he can have more time to answer our other questions.

1. How large is this update going to be (ie: "x" amount of gigabytes)

2. How long do you expect the servers to be down for maintenance (ie: we think the servers will be down for about "x" amount of hours before they are up and running again
Gideon is a majestic being. He will somehow with his alluring mystical incantations bless us with great ease and finesse the knowledge that is mysteriously bestowed on to him.

Last edited by SweetyPost - Siel; 01-29-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:31 AM
Elyos

I assume we'll be hearing the exact details on merges, etc in February? As we were told "early next year", and January 2017 is about to pass with no further updates.

TBH my playing time has been putting on hold since I first heard of merges, till further notice is given regarding said merges. Would be nice to know something sooner rather then later.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:10 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Reporting Cheaters
...play Aion fairly. Should you find a player cheating do reach out to us...
From: http://static.ncsoft.com/aion/store/...tes_082416.pdf
“17. Added a timestamp to messages in the Chat window.”

We have a setting in the Chat window to add seconds to the timestamp:
EXAMPLE: hour:minute:second: 18:42:23.

Some skills have multiple effects. If the Chat window displays several effects, all from the same skill and all within a tenth of a second or so, it is not cheating;

however,

If the Chat window displays a half dozen or more different skills/items from the same player, all within one second, then we will have shown that that player has attack/casting speeds beyond normal game limitations.

Any player could then look through the Chat window and reach out to Aion if we find anything suspect.

For example: a player uses all three skills of a chain, and more, all within 1 second.

Aion, please monitor solo instances and the PvP instance Harmony.
With each player entering the instance, record the timestamps of every skill/item.
Write code to scan the data looking for red flags.
The time difference from one skill/item to the next would show if that player has attack/casting speeds beyond normal game limitations.
Check to see if the re-use of any skill/item is before normal cool downs.

Last edited by MayPurple -; 05-22-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:07 PM
Asmodians

The problem with using the timestamp as an end-all solution is: if your internet connection lags at all, and all the messages come in at once, it could produce a red flag where all the skills come in at once. I'm talking like Cablevision kind of lag where it will randomly spike up to 1000+ ping for no reason. If you wanted to monitor the chat log for this it would have to be server sided logs, not logs from a potentially laggy user. Which is why screenshots from users showing the time stamps aren't really valuable.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by {CM} Hime - Siel View Post
Forum Update

Producer's Letter - December 2016

Solorius Greetings, Daevas! Gideon here.

I wanted to take some time to discuss upcoming changes to the game.

Server Merges
In my last letter in September, we mentioned the possibility of server merges. The health of our servers is extremely important to a sustainable long-term future of Aion. To that end, in spring 2017 we will be merging the servers from five down to two.

Israphel, Tiamat, and Kahrun will be merged into one server, while Siel and Beritra will become the other. I understand many of you will be dismayed to hear this news, as it effectively means all players will be affected by the merges. Making this decision was extremely painful, however in the long term it will allow us to provide a better gameplay experience for all of our players.

Unfortunately, there is no solution that will make everybody happy. We will do our best to alleviate the worst of it and are actively working with the development team in Korea to ensure that the player-side impact is as minimal as possible. Once we finalize the exact changes that will take place, we will be releasing a comprehensive guide and FAQ about the merge early next year.

On the bright side, we will be turning to the community to help us name the two servers! Weíre excited to see what we can come up with together.

Happy Summer everyone! :||||
Old 06-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Elyos

Quote:
We will do our best to alleviate the worst of it
That's cute, making it 6x worse.