Old 12-31-2016, 01:38 AM
Elyos
Default Looking for Templar guides to 70+

I've been considered a pretty knowledgeable Templar after my many years in the pre-65 days along with some little tid-bits in the 65-70 area but nothing too major. I understand the basic format of Templar Essence Allocation when it comes to the stats, such as max out Power and Precision, then add some essence to Blood Pact, Break Power, etc.

However CLEARLY things are not like they once were. So I'd like to gather some new info in the general aspect of the 5.1+ patch concerning the Templar class.

I'm already aware of how to weave, and the PvE caps for Attack/Crit. Also I must note that I'm mainly focusing on info for PvE generally, however I don't mind getting some info on PvP as well. I'm already aware of shield swapping and all that to pull a stun lock combo/raise crit/attack. Just fill me with some knowledge, and if you can, a source. Any help will be appreciated.

Here are my stats and my gear just so you get an idea of what I'm currently dealing with so you can possibly give an explanation on why something might be better with something else, so and so.

Armor: All AC+10 except for the helmet, being a level 80 Argent Aerie Helm(Reduced by 5, 100% at level 75), however I swap to the EB mythic helmet if I need DPS. I can't really afford Attack+6/Crit Strike +19 or whatever, so I just put 3 Attack +5 and 3 Crit Strike +19 in each piece.

Weapon: +15 Lunar Greatsword Level 74 armfused with a +10 AC Greatsword, mainly slotted with Attack+5, one Power +6, and the rest being Crit Strike +19.*

My Attack/Crit is 1,311/1,153* unbuffed with the greatsword.

I have +10 Level 74 Atreia's Wings. I plan on attempting to +15 it with Omegas/Supplements.

Stigmas, from bottom to top:
Inquisitor's Blow, Punishing Thrust, Punishment, Divine Fury, Prayer of Resilience, and Empyrean Providence (This gives a focused skill called "Eternal Denial" or "Enemy attacks are as weak as a male genitalia with erectile dysfunction", properly abbreviated as ED.)

Accessories: Ereshkigal Legion Red Beryl Necklace, Clarion Combat Earring, Ereshkigal Legion Red Beryl Earrings, Ereshkigal Legion Red Beryl Ring, Divine Opal Ring of the Reian Fighter.

I'm using the Beritra's Dread title, which gives Crit Strike +8, Speed +5%, and Crit Spell +5

Any and all info is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Obanieth - Siel; 01-01-2017 at 07:16 AM. Reason: * = stat/item change.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:42 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Looking for Templar guides to 70+

Armor: AC mythic is the best for dps, that's a fact, but there is one trick you can pull to boost your dps higher at the expense of some enmity boost. AC mythic gives you about the same offense as one attack6crit9 stone, which is 145% stat effective off the base stone, so equivalent to a 9 attack stone in stats value. If you substitute 1 piece of mythic AC for world drop armor with +2 reroute power, that will give you 27 damage 50% of the time, so equivalent to 13.5 damage boost overall, better than the 9 from the condition effect of mythic AC. Unfortunately, only the highest skillboost from armor applies, so you can't stack up +10 reroute power and be OP :/

Eventually if you can get CoE gear isntead, that stuff has insane base stats even if it lacks the offense mods you'll be a better tank for it. Apollon has 2 sets per class. for temps, one has 3 more MR and Msupp per piece, and the other has 4 more attack per piece. you want the attack one, which is FIRM Apollon set. 6 attack per peice like AC, just without the crit/acc, and way higher defenses to compensate.

Weapon: get to lv 73 and worm your way into whatever circle is killing the extendable dropping bosses on your server. The extends this patch are not gimped stats like previous patches, so they are strong enough to be your main weapon for EVERYTHING if you can get them. Other than that, you're fine for now. Try using skill boost reassignment scrolls to get a good skill boost on that GS.

stats in general I have no real advice for.

Wings: get oblivion wingfeather or arena wings. atreia's wings were good at the start of 5.0 but they're not really great, just good allarounders. oblivion will get you some extra accuracy, and pvp wings obvioulsy give pvp attack. Alternatively, pick a +20 wing skill and decide your wings based on what skill you want to get. As a crit/MR templar, I'm doing noble stoic kalis wings for the MR and for the attack speed boost skill chance.

Accs: probably goes without saying, but try for full IDL accessories. Even in pve they have better stats than everything from 4.0. Except the belt. I'm a firm believer in strike fortitude and refuse to reccomend belts, helms, or wings without strike fort unless you plan to use it for only pve. grab a custodian belt, evangale/emissary belt, or ahserion belt, or the new spinel medal belt in 5.3.

Title: try to do arena of glory as often as you can once you're pvp geared. if you can come in 1st place 50 times you get a 5% speed 2% attack speed 120 hp title. it's the best 5% speed title you can get. Otherwise succumb to the p2w and buy Aion's chosen from the cash shop.I think that's 4% speed 4% attack speed or something dumb broken like that.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Looking for Templar guides to 70+

oh and i almost forgot, buy an arena helm. it has block and 5 attack 6 crit 12 acc and pvp defense. Its basically the only helm you need for pvp and pve unless you want to specialize for an Msupp or Mres set for some reason.