Old 01-24-2017, 10:20 PM
Elyos
Default Full support sw ? chanter replacement ?

SW can support really good in IS/DR set(heal boost),we got chorus of blessing for aoe heal and dispel,perma group 10% healing buff with joyous carol.Exultation is bene for a sw,silence resist 50%(adma boss),aoe mp heal,4.5k healing chain + one instant heal

Healing boost in toally with IS set = 300+274 = 574 healing boost with 16.8k hp(etude buffed and without a plume)

Why we should do support sw ? because not many chanters out there with IO set and support is fun

btw anyone can confirm if healing boost also increase mp heal ?
Old 01-26-2017, 09:38 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Full support sw ? chanter replacement ?

Sadly heal boost does not effect MP. Would of been nice but with the heal boost some classes can get it would probably be game breaking lol.

Both classes are great for support. I can see why people like songweaver more as a support cuz honestly its easier. But i will say i like chanter more and would rather have a chanter. But they need to know what they are doing cuz a chanter that just pops buffs cuz they arent on cd is just bad. Which there are lots of chanters who just use buffs and what not cuz its fun.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:30 AM
Asmodians

Chanters have a good healing-defensive-support like the +500 MS to all group members or Stun Resist, shields and mantras. But their main focus is buffing the offense of their group.

SWs can help with nice dispels, MP recovery and some defensive buffs, but they cant buff offensive stats except for Throne Song that gives some Attack and MA
Old 01-26-2017, 09:58 PM
Elyos

I'm abit worry about MA that support set has.

Since best set going to be enraged hyperion set + orb harp.
I might not have enough ma(Throne song buff) for 5.0 instance as support.
To be honest throne song is one of primary things that people want u to do it all time beside mp.

Last edited by Neleth -; 01-27-2017 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:28 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelewen - Siel View Post
I'm abit worry about MA that support set has.

Since best set going to be enraged hyperion set + orb harp.
I might not have enough ma(Throne song buff) for 5.0 instance as support.
To be honest throne song is one of primary things that people want u to do it all time beside mp.
I'm at 2.3K* MA with Exultation + food/candy on my full healing boost set (mix of IS/DD armor, accs are a mix of IDL/BM, weapon is IS + ORB), that's enough to get you through all 5.x pve without needing to rely on Thronesong. You can also swap back and forth between your dps harp and your support harp if you're that worried about resists.

Now, unless your SW is the actual main healer of the group (pretty much all 4.x content can be solo healed by a SW, or duo healed by SW + chanter without cleric intervention) there isn't much need to use your full HB set, the extra healing you get from Exultation and/or Joyous is enough to assist your cleric while still being able to stay in your MB set for better dps. If your dps set also has base HB on it (IS, DD, ORB, IO, CoE) that also gives you room to just stay on your mb set while still having decent HB (most SW-specific sets give you 150 base HB. add 300 from exultation and you're at 450, without needing to invest in HB stones).

*Also includes 25 points invested in Precision (81 MA) at L71

Last edited by Upotatoein - Siel; 01-27-2017 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:16 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinotorii - Kahrun View Post
I'm at 2.3K* MA with Exultation + food/candy on my full healing boost set (mix of IS/DD armor, accs are a mix of IDL/BM, weapon is IS + ORB), that's enough to get you through all 5.x pve without needing to rely on Thronesong. You can also swap back and forth between your dps harp and your support harp if you're that worried about resists.

Now, unless your SW is the actual main healer of the group (pretty much all 4.x content can be solo healed by a SW, or duo healed by SW + chanter without cleric intervention) there isn't much need to use your full HB set, the extra healing you get from Exultation and/or Joyous is enough to assist your cleric while still being able to stay in your MB set for better dps. If your dps set also has base HB on it (IS, DD, ORB, IO, CoE) that also gives you room to just stay on your mb set while still having decent HB (most SW-specific sets give you 150 base HB. add 300 from exultation and you're at 450, without needing to invest in HB stones).

*Also includes 25 points invested in Precision (81 MA) at L71
I didn't know orb set has HB too,so support sw don't need hp like chanter,cleric ? 13.6k hp with basic gears 3.7k mb 475 healing boost without pean of pain and treble how's the dps ? what about vision Delusional Dirge better or Purging Paean

I'm leaning to Delusional Dirge so our jobs don't duplicated with clerics.

Last edited by Neleth -; 01-27-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:27 AM
Elyos

Its Linked Skill, not Vision. Ugh. >.>
Bryos (TM A) - Corteo (KR E) - DarkAzphel (SL E)
Old 01-27-2017, 12:21 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelewen - Siel View Post
I didn't know orb set has HB too,so support sw don't need hp like chanter,cleric ? 13.6k hp with basic gears 3.7k mb 475 healing boost without pean of pain and treble how's the dps ? what about vision Delusional Dirge better or Purging Paean

I'm leaning to Delusional Dirge so our jobs don't duplicated with clerics.
Enchant your armor/wings (+10 is fine), even without plume, I'm at 17K HP on my HB set (etude / food / candy / assistance idian), ~16K HP on my MB set (etude / food), no reason for your hp to be that low with enchants being so easy to get.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:00 PM
Elyos

Why and how Chanters will always be superior to SW's:
1. Mantras. Not that much of a boost, but surely is valuable.
2. Word of Protection, Elemental Screen, Block Curtain. Each one of them make you pretty much immortal, and one of them is just on a 10 second cooldown.
3. Word of Quickness that turns a sorcerer into a machine gun, SM into STD vendor and SW into embodiement of cancer itself.
4. A high chance that it'll stun something with Inescapable Judgement or Infernal Blaze.
5. If you're a class that's dependant on attack speed, pray to Ariel, Aion, Allah, Budha, Oden or any dog of your choice that a chanter won't lock onto you.
6. Maybe just a pale shadow of Cleric, but I know you love word of Instagnation and those stats it gives.
7. Wow
8. Just hope that a chanter in open world pvp doesnt have a pvp weapon.
9. DPS chanter can do in PvP and amounts of stress it can cause to the enemy is just rediculous.
10. Random outbursts of gud RNG knockdowns.
11. Buffs.
12. Can wear cloth and leather thus making itself resistant to STD's that SM can spread and immune to cell mutation caused by pesky SW's. I'm not even gonna mention sorcs, gunners and AT's.
13. Burresingu ow rawku~ desu~
14. Fast and Furious.
15. Melee Smash (That animation is so pleasing)
16. Pounding. You can even make an adult video of chanter slaughtering ppl.
17. Chanter is sexual assaulter.
18. Debiliating Incantation makes ppl go miss this and miss that.
19. Best support ever.
20. No bad human being ever played a chantur.
21. I chan ter you so much about that class, but I'm just expressing my opinion here.
22. Doesn't need IO set to go beast mode in heal spec.

My b(e)ard grew yay i feel like a man.
tl;dr what i feel when i hear that sw's talking about being better supports than chanters.
I'd pick a chanturd over clerdi... clernyerk anytime.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:49 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinotorii - Kahrun View Post
Enchant your armor/wings (+10 is fine), even without plume, I'm at 17K HP on my HB set (etude / food / candy / assistance idian), ~16K HP on my MB set (etude / food), no reason for your hp to be that low with enchants being so easy to get.
The armors already +10 was thinking maybe support sw is something rather stupid,maybe it's fun to support as sw but people will never expected a sw to support in instance they rather sw to DPS and if you're healing u won't have time to use throne song anyway(from my experience trying to use WoI vision while playing support chanter I forgot to use it a lot of times when battle is intense) and to be honest we never lack of clerics and chanters in siel.