Old 02-16-2017, 08:58 PM
Asmodians
Default Returning player new to templar

Hey there, I came back to Aion a couple of weeks ago and have a couple of questions. What crit/acc stats do I need for endgame Pve and PvP, and what gear should I be grinding for? I looked around the forums but couldn't find any concrete answers. Please feel free to link me somewhere else if I'm just blind. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:37 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Returning player new to templar

PVP stats :

1200+ Crit Buffed
3500-4000 Accuracy
25,000 HP

PVP Gear :

BM Gear
Mythic BM Gear
Fire Temple Event Rank 1 Gear (Event ends soon, look up mystic in the broker)
IDL accessories

Get a Ancient Coin Greatsword, and under-fuse it with a Mythic BM Greatsword
And socket 6 with +7/+9 Powers on the upper fuse, and Crit / Attack with a Ancient Attack manastone on your underfuse

PVE :

Get a AC set (Block, or GS set)
Get a bunch of HP
Tank and Spank

*** Templar's Need a couple sets ***

Block / DPS / MR / HP

so work on trying to get them all

And the BCM is a great way to make kinah and support Aion
10$ can start you off well on some newer gear

Last edited by Dook - Siel; 02-28-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:05 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook - Siel View Post
PVP stats :

1200+ Crit Buffed
3500-4000 Accuracy
25,000 HP

PVP Gear :

BM Gear
Mythic BM Gear
Fire Temple Event Rank 1 Gear (Event ends soon, look up mystic in the broker)
IDL accessories

Get a Ancient Coin Greatsword, and under-fuse it with a Mythic BM Greatsword
And socket 6 with +7/+9 Powers on the upper fuse, and Crit / Attack with a Ancient Attack manastone on your underfuse

PVE :

Get a AC set (Block, or GS set)
Get a bunch of HP
Tank and Spank

*** Templar's Need a couple sets ***

Block / DPS / MR / HP
Disregard nearly all of this. I believe the poster was misinformed like mad.

The CORRECT setup, PvE/PvP wise is as follows:

By 69+ (PvE), your stats should be(unbuffed):
Attack: 1.3k (1.6k is the cap, but with buffs 1.7k is the cap. You can reach up to 1.8k-1.9k attack with both food and the two attack buffs.)
Accuracy: 3.4k-3.6k (3.4k is enough to hit nearly everything in Iluma a reasonable amount. I had 3,389 accuracy for awhile around 67-69 and I missed only above 10% to any mobs above level 74, due to the level difference penalty in accuracy. Check Momomomo's spreadsheet for details on how indifference of level can effect your accuracy/attack/def.)
Crit Strike: 1.4k (To go above 1.4k would be overkill as there's no notable increase after 1.4k.)
Defense stat specifics don't really matter too much unless you're going for a specific m.supp/m.resist setup or block setup. So don't worry about it too much.

For PvE gear, you should try to get a Ancient Danuar Greatsword. However I would work on your armor first then slot the armor so you know which stat you're lacking. The best setup would be attack +5/crit strike +7 composite manastones in general though, however once you get all of your armor, I suggest checking for what stat lacks most before choosing your greatsword. For example, if you have 1.1k attack and 1.3k crit, it would be more important to get the greatsword that has more attack in it's bonus attack than it's crit strike. However if it's the other way around, obviously get the greatsword with bonus crit strike. Make sure to make your AC armor all +10 as well for the best possible stats before AoE gear without breakthrough.

Once you've picked out the greatsword that balances your attack/crit strike, you should focus on hitting up the arenas in Kaisinel's Academy. There's discipline, chaos, and harmony. Glory doesn't reward the currency you need for the gear I'm talking about, so unless you care a LOT about PvP rank there's no point. Farm for a days and grab the greatsword. You will be using this weapon as the armfuse under your AC greatsword. However, if you manage to find any lunar new greatsword that is level 71+, use that instead because supplemental damage (what you find on conditioning) is weaker than rough, base damage that you would find on a weapon without conditioning. Make sure though that, unless you still have a major indifference in your attack and crit, that you get the weapon with the opposite bonus offensive stat than that of your main weapon. For example, you got attack on your main weapon, so if there is no big difference or you haven't hit 1.4k, grab the weapon that has more crit.

>MAKE SURE TO MAKE YOUR ANCIENT DANAUR WEAPON +10 BEFORE YOU ARMFUSE. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.<

Now the good thing is when upgrading your AC weapon is that it starts at +5, and all upgrades after that start at a 80% success rate with 5% taken off with each success. Either that or 10%, I forgot.

Now, as for PvP, just farm IDL for the accessories and try to get them to +2-3. It will be difficult to get them to +4-5, so unless you got a lot of kinah to spare on more tempering solutions because if you fail once it goes back to +0. The stats are generally the same, but have way more emphasis on you using quite a few scrolls and foods. I can't give any in-depth info for PvP stats, however know that m.supp > m.resist. Practice shield swapping/weaving to maximize your DPS and kill your enemies quicker. This applies to both PvP and PvE. For starters, farm the arenas as I've recently explained. It would be best to farm below 71, as you start matchmaking more frequently with 71-75s which is self explanatory as to why it would be kind of hard to get a higher place and get even more valor insignias which are the currency that you'll be using.

I'm waaay more PvE than PvP. I also do not suggest spending money on the BCM. There's nothing on there that will help you, unless you consider a 5% chance at getting pvp gear from the luna chest that you can buy soopr doopr helpful. However, this is all the info I've gotten from my betters in the game.

Last edited by Obanieth - Siel; 02-28-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:00 PM
Elyos

"Disregard nearly all of this. I believe the poster was misinformed like mad."

lol? I think not xD

"Defense stat specifics don't really matter too much unless you're going for a specific m.supp/m.resist setup or block setup. So don't worry about it too much."

This is absolutely dumb on a whole different level... As a temp you NEED multiple sets, this PvE temp would get smacked by me xD

But yeah, i don't wanna bully

In easy words PvP Temps need 3 sets to be competitive in the current meta.

The sets being: Magic Resist / Block / Dps

Magic Resist and block you are going to need around 4k+ to smack the noobs around.

Saving the MR set for SW/SM

And saving the block set for Glad/Sin/Temps

And DPS set for the rest

"For PvE gear, you should try to get a Ancient Danuar Greatsword."

For a starter Temp i strongly suggest this sword, but with a PvP under-fuse, just to make life easy on your first weapon, making it interchangeable pvp/pve for the early stages of your new expedition in AION :D

"However I would work on your armor first"

NO, get your weapon FIRST... for the love of god xD

"The best setup would be attack +5/crit strike +7 composite manastones in general though"

Cough Cough power +7's / +9's...

"however once you get all of your armor, I suggest checking for what stat lacks most before choosing your greatsword."

lol did u really just say that xD sorry I'm trying to be nice xD

"For example, if you have 1.1k attack and 1.3k crit, it would be more important to get the greatsword that has more attack in it's bonus attack than it's crit strike."

You want a high level Weapon for max DMG, the +10 AC sword is great for a new temp PvP/PvE, the Aug will bump your PvP DPS for a low cost compared to weapons in this same caliber.

"Once you've picked out the greatsword that balances your attack/crit strike, you should focus on hitting up the arenas in Kaisinel's Academy."

This is how you get arena metals, so you can get 66+ PvP gear

"I'm waaay more PvE than PvP."

Sounds boring

"I also do not suggest spending money on the BCM. There's nothing on there that will help you, unless you consider a 5% chance at getting pvp gear from the luna chest that you can buy soopr doopr helpful."

TEMPERING SOLUTIONS AND OMEGAS ARE IN THE BCM......... CHEAP TOO... GET A JOB SPEND SOME $ MAKE THE WORLD GO ROUND AND ROUND

"misinformed like mad"

hurts man
Old 02-28-2017, 07:42 PM
Elyos

Quote:
"Disregard nearly all of this. I believe the poster was misinformed like mad."

lol? I think not xD

"Defense stat specifics don't really matter too much unless you're going for a specific m.supp/m.resist setup or block setup. So don't worry about it too much."

This is absolutely dumb on a whole different level... As a temp you NEED multiple sets, this PvE temp would get smacked by me xD

But yeah, i don't wanna bully

In easy words PvP Temps need 3 sets to be competitive in the current meta.

The sets being: Magic Resist / Block / Dps

Magic Resist and block you are going to need around 4k+ to smack the noobs around.

Saving the MR set for SW/SM

And saving the block set for Glad/Sin/Temps

And DPS set for the rest

"For PvE gear, you should try to get a Ancient Danuar Greatsword."

For a starter Temp i strongly suggest this sword, but with a PvP under-fuse, just to make life easy on your first weapon, making it interchangeable pvp/pve for the early stages of your new expedition in AION :D

NO, get your weapon FIRST... for the love of god xD

"The best setup would be attack +5/crit strike +7 composite manastones in general though"

Cough Cough power +7's / +9's...

"however once you get all of your armor, I suggest checking for what stat lacks most before choosing your greatsword."

lol did u really just say that xD sorry I'm trying to be nice xD

"For example, if you have 1.1k attack and 1.3k crit, it would be more important to get the greatsword that has more attack in it's bonus attack than it's crit strike."

You want a high level Weapon for max DMG, the +10 AC sword is great for a new temp PvP/PvE, the Aug will bump your PvP DPS for a low cost compared to weapons in this same caliber.

"Once you've picked out the greatsword that balances your attack/crit strike, you should focus on hitting up the arenas in Kaisinel's Academy."

This is how you get arena metals, so you can get 66+ PvP gear

"I'm waaay more PvE than PvP."

Sounds boring

"I also do not suggest spending money on the BCM. There's nothing on there that will help you, unless you consider a 5% chance at getting pvp gear from the luna chest that you can buy soopr doopr helpful."

TEMPERING SOLUTIONS AND OMEGAS ARE IN THE BCM......... CHEAP TOO... GET A JOB SPEND SOME $ MAKE THE WORLD GO ROUND AND ROUND

"misinformed like mad"

hurts man
Lol. Note how I said the specifics for defenses are not important >in the pve section<. There are very few end game instances where you MUST have a magic defense setup or a block setup. I've gone through AoE over nearly a 100 times with my static, and the only real need for more than one set in PvE endgame is the standard built attack/crit and then a block set for when your only purpose is to taunt spam/provoking roar. (Provided your DPS doesn't need help, which mine doesn't. We run our way, you run yours, but we run as such.) In PvP, ofc you're going to need multiple sets. You're not playing against A.I., you're playing against PCs. Your entire "help" crap was literally you telling him to go P2W. You wouldn't get people telling you "oh, if you wanna succeed in this game, go on the store and buy this, and that, and further inflate the economy :DDDD" in FFXIV, or WoW, or any well structured MMORPG. Note also this guy is a returner and is >starting out<. The fact you're like "oh hey, the best way to go about the game is to pour your wallet into it, sell stuff, then buy other stuff :DDD" You're not trying to help him within legitimate means, you're trying to "help him" by investing in something which he may end up regretting. That's stupid. And of course maybe you'd get me in PvP, but I don't like it. Apparently because I dislike PvP, I suck at the game. There is like one actual instance in PvE for example where you must build a m.def setup. DLR. If there are more instances like that in PvE that need specific setups and I mean NEED not "it would make it easier", then do tell. And to be even more specific, for any instances above 66+ as there is little to no point to do any instances below 65 if you're 66+.
Dook, I know who you are, and it's sad as hell you think the "best" way to go about Aion is to P2W. That's rubbishy and cancerous, really.

""For example, if you have 1.1k attack and 1.3k crit, it would be more important to get the greatsword that has more attack in it's bonus attack than it's crit strike."

You are stupid as hell if you think this is a bad statement.
Yea, of course you need to get the high level weapon with the best damage. Again, >this guy is starting out.< He simply wants to know how to get back into things with a bit of extra info, meanwhile you're giving basic crap telling him to grind Blood Medal gear when you can get an entire set of even better gear even quicker from Valor Insignia. Not "metals", by the way. Anyways, there's no point to go above a set "cap" for a single stat unless you can get it ridiculously high. As I've stated, and you misunderstood, there's no point on raising a stat higher than where it plateaus. If there's a massive indifference with your stats as the example I have shown states, you need to catch one stat up and balance it out before you try to cap out the other stat.

You're obviously too stupid to understand this part.
First, and foremost, the majority of your manastones will be put into your armor and add to your overall offensive stats, duh. So of course, you'll want to see what stat hits closer to their cap before you make the "defining blow" with your weapon. Simply, if your crit is closer to it's cap than your attack, you should work on your attack. You wouldn't know this outright unless you had all of your armor and such slotted out, and slotting your armor, upgrading it, etc, isn't cheap. You wouldn't want your greatsword to be crit bonus'd when you already have plenty of crit and lesser attack. While crit strike stat doesn't exactly increase your damage output, if you focus too much on one stat, you're going to hit just as much as a pebble would to an ape. You'll do more if you balance it out and keep everything at peak.

Before you "Bully" make sure you actually understand what is being told to you before you attempt to fire back, because with context, your replies are just....tumor-inducing. I remember I actually TAUGHT you when you were a lower level, seems you're not keeping my knowledge close considering you're spouting out nonsense, or you simply have very poor memory.
You should go speak with Giint or Soryu, They're really good templar mains which have more patience to deal with a toxic player like yourself, promoting P2W and what not -_-

Dook, I promise you, if I still had my greatsword I would show you what "tank and spank" meant. Buuuut it broke on +16 -> +17 so ripperoni.

"Cough Cough power +7's / +9's"
Lol. Power/Precision actually. Archdaeva manastones are best for high end weapons like AoE weapons. They can work in Danuar, don't get me wrong, but they only truly flourish the best once you slot them in a really strong weapon. the AoE weapon would be better due to higher base stats along with better bonus/upgraded stats upon hitting breakthrough. As I've said, misinformed like mad. The soft spot for archdaeva stones is Power +8 and Precision +7. If you would take 5 seconds to talk with the meta-gamers or whatever, they would say as such.

Last edited by Obanieth - Siel; 02-28-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:32 PM
Elyos

Lololol someone is still salty they lost the Duel vs me xD

Ps your brown armor was ugly

Last edited by Dook - Siel; 02-28-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:01 PM
Asmodians

Hi guys.

He should be fine with 1250 - 1.3k crit for now. He probably won't need 1400 for quite a while and right now is over kill. The odds of him, as a newer player, of running into an agility spec cleric 1v1 are pretty low. Note, I say currently. He can modify it later but there's no point for a little bit yet. The accuracy is going to come as it is. He doesn't need to actually worry about that stat. If he wants he could slot 1 piece of his armour with prec +5 (minimum) and that should be a good enough supplement for a while. I say this because those are cheap, he's just starting out, and supplementing his acc if he needs to via those while also boosting his MA (which is effected by fury and is important for applications like burying dazing)

He should start with whatever set is most applicable to what he likes to do the most. An Attack/Crit set is probably the best priority as it is useful in every circumstance. Here is my priority:

-Attack/Crit (Abyss armour)

-Crit/acc (Maybe full mythic BM gear
-Msupp
-Crit/MR (Also abyssal IE: 2* varients. Although 5.3 is soon, I am not sure how difficult/long/risky the set is to complete)
-Crit/Block (Arena gear, but choose a shield that is easy to +15 for the additional block unless you feel like risking the enchant ((maybe they're fixing it? I don't follow much anymore)).

PvE is much less important and almost any end game set can work. IS/DD, or newer sets. AC Mythic (Most likely the easiest to obtain and is better than the aforementioned sets, I think).

I would just focus on pumping crit to 1250 and the rest into attack/ma if I was him. Pair with a extendie or pvp sword + shield with HP Arch stones or perhaps MR, as both will supplement stubborn. Again, that's just me.

TBH, although multiple sets are very useful, I find Attack/Crit to do the job for almost anything. In GvG, if you have say a Temp and a Glad both in good attack sets, a block spec cleric will fall regardless. An agility spec Cleric might be a different story. That is when you will need 1400 + crit. This is all basic, as chanter buffs/other class buffs are a variable.

My 2 cents. Take from it what you will. I find MR to be relatively useless unless you are fighting something like a Sin or Ranger in which case Temps can handle sins without UD as it is, with just stance. Rangers maybe it's more applicable but... Attack is really good enough.

Be careful with arch mana stones. I think perhaps only 12 slots total should be used for those. Something about a diminishing return that makes it not totally worth it beyond a certain point build into your prec. Composites should be fine.

Last edited by iSpin - Israphel; 02-28-2017 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:21 PM
Asmodians

Sort of a useful thread if OP has other questions. Not sure how valid the info within is but I think it's alright.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aion/commen..._with_templar/
Old 03-01-2017, 12:09 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Lololol someone is still salty they lost the Duel vs me xD

Ps your brown armor was ugly
1. I don't remember having dueled you or wearing brown armor

2. Nice work derailing thread.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:18 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpin - Israphel View Post
Pair with a extendie
If you haven't played in awhile the only extendie you can get now (that's worth a damn) are the Provenance weapons. These are SOOOOOO annoying to even TRY to farm if you're not the level to do so, which makes these really difficult to get. But hey, if you got 7b kinah, throw one at a dude and you'll get that weapon! The other one.....even if it does extend, you lose too much offensive stats for it to be useful, even if you were to give it an armfuse.

However, again another reason I suggest getting Arena gear sooner than never is that below 71 you have a lower chance of being queue'd with the higher levels....who most likely are geared to the teeth. This gear is also pretty strong, and it doesn't take barely even 1/4th of the time BM takes to gather. What's funny is, to an extent, it could work just a little lesser than how AC does if you're REALLY that desperate. However I doubt that would be the case, so I say just disregard that I guess...?

However, and correct me if I misinterpreted what you said, if you want to get that extra block, such and such, I would highly suggest grabbing the BM Mythic and getting that to +15. You'll have a bigger chance of that being +15 than any archdaeva gear, generally speaking, and last I saw they generally have around the same stats, once amplified. If not, then enough to keep you alive until you manage to +15 an archdaeva PvP shield.