Old 02-17-2017, 07:53 AM
Asmodians
Default Magic Suppression 2017

*Disclaimer* Everyone knows I'm a veteran so I get a lot of specific questions but I don't want to lead people wrong if the meta has changed or will change without me knowing, so I may start posting some threads on specific topics to make sure I'm giving accurate advice.

Magic Suppression 2017 and Beyond

What is the state of magic suppression these days, and what will it be in the future patches when ancient manastones and slots are removed?

What is currently a 'good' magic suppression number for a viable PVP set?

For example, a lot of plate wearers use leather 'Superb' invasion sets socketed with MS in the ancient manastone slots.
Is this still providing the right number of MS, or have casters stats been upgraded significantly enough through the archdaeva stats to make these invasion MS sets no longer viable?

If they're still viable now, will they become even more valuable in the future as it will be impossible to recreate them? Or will players need to move on to something like a leather blood medal set to keep up with archdaeva stats?

For casters, can you tell (perhaps in a Discipline Arena) when you're fighting a player who has switched to a MS set and it is giving you difficulty? Or are you blasting right through the magic supp without much effort?

Thanks all
BG of <Not A Spy> ~ Longest Asmodian #1 Ranked Legion in New Israphel History
Quite Possibly the 13th Empyrean Lord
Currently Under Surveillance by the Shadow Court
Old 02-17-2017, 08:34 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Magic Suppression 2017

In update 5.3 (or a later part of it):
-All ancient manastone slots will be changed to regular manastone slots
-Ancient manastones can be slotted into all of the manastone slots of level 65 or below gear - i.e. 6x MS ancients can be slotted if it have 6 slots
-Eternal ancient manastones will be out of print - i.e. New MS +50 stones will no longer be obtainable anywhere, value of existing MS +50 stones will skyrocket

http://aion.mouseclic.com/tool/gearcalc/82942
Gladiator
1,808 MS with +100 MS food and +85 MS idian, no CP, no manastones
3,248 MS with 36x MS +40 stones
3,608 MS with 36x MS +50 stones
https://github.com/maxperiod/aiongrindmeter2

Last edited by mooMOOMooMoomoo -; 02-17-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:38 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeLM - Israphel View Post
What is the state of magic suppression these days, and what will it be in the future patches when ancient manastones and slots are removed?
Ancient manastones will continue to exist and drop in-game, only the eternal ancients will be removed from drop tables (reason why people have been hoarding them since news of it got out). You will be able to put ancient manastones on regular slots, but only on L65 and below gear. If you check korean profiles you'll see many clerics with full Healing Boost +6 eternal ancients on thier pve sets, some put full MR +20 ancients on their mythic rank 1 sets, and of course you'll be able to put full MS ancients on pvp gear (L65 AP, mythic BM, etc), and people with Strike Resist sets will be able to go crazy with full ancients too if they want.

Quote:
What is currently a 'good' magic suppression number for a viable PVP set?

For example, a lot of plate wearers use leather 'Superb' invasion sets socketed with MS in the ancient manastone slots.
Is this still providing the right number of MS, or have casters stats been upgraded significantly enough through the archdaeva stats to make these invasion MS sets no longer viable?

If they're still viable now, will they become even more valuable in the future as it will be impossible to recreate them? Or will players need to move on to something like a leather blood medal set to keep up with archdaeva stats?

For casters, can you tell (perhaps in a Discipline Arena) when you're fighting a player who has switched to a MS set and it is giving you difficulty? Or are you blasting right through the magic supp without much effort?

Thanks all
The MB cap got raised from 2900 to 3200 in 5.0, a geared caster these days has at least 5K MB, fully buffed ATs can reach 6K, etc. So, let's say you have 3K MS in your MS set and you're fighting a caster with 5300 MB, then 5300 - 3000 -> their "effective" MB when hitting you would be nerfed down to 2300 (900 MS away from the cap), so they'd still hit you for decent damage, you'd need to push for at least 4K MS (so a 5K MB caster would only have 1K "real" MB when hitting you) to be worth it. As a plate the true effectiveness of MS sets comes when you stack them with your MS buffs (Stubborn Spirit, Magic Defense, the archdaeva Wall of Steel, etc).

If you're fighting something like a SW or a cleric who can heal themselves, equal skill level on both sides, you won't kill them if you stay the whole fight in your MS set unless you get carried by your godstone, at one point you'll have to swap back to your actual attack set to finish them off before they heal back up. Not to mention casters can troll you back with Strike Resist sets, enjoy landing literally 0 crits on them, again forcing you to go back to your attack set at some point.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:46 AM
Elyos

With the mana stone updates did they remove the stone level restrictions? Like ancients are 70 and currently only 60+ gear can socket 70 stones. Does the update mean you can socket ancients in L50 gear?
Old 02-17-2017, 10:00 AM
Elyos

MS won't do much unless they're a healer class.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:49 AM
Asmodians

I use a mythic blood medal leather set for magic suppression with ms food i have around 2400 ms with my greatsword out and with shield socketed with ms i have around 2500 and with Stubborn spirit up 3200ms i have damage tested this set vs casters with 5k mb and it negates a little less then half the damage with stance up, 1/3 of the damage with greatsword out. All while maintianing decent dps stats not as good as my crit/attack set.
I,m guessing round about numbers because i can't check atm it's maintenance but in my crit/attack set i have 1516 attack 1255 crit 3991 accuracy in my ms set i have 1230 crit around 1440 atk and 3800 accuracy and i find i still kill most of the casters i fight unless they super geared with +8 accessorries and such but i don't feel i have to kill everyone i come across just most of them will suffice since i'm not a pw2 player and i have a life besides aion.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:51 AM
Asmodians

my ms as glad can hit up to 8k but only for about 30 seconds 4k with no buffs and it really helps but u cant really kill anything like cleric personally i am tired of every class being able to kite me or stun me to death glad needs some buff i mean ankle snare does not even work anymore everybody res it like nothing.

id also like to ask about MR for glad worth while or meh? in the 5.3 world
Old 05-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Elyos

Msup is more of a 1v1 set used situationally to survive a burst then switch back to dps set to damage. I dont think you can hug a defense set to wittle down an opponent anymore. It provides some mitigation from dmg that you cannot interupt which is better than taking all the extra dmg in a dps set.