Old 02-19-2017, 07:21 AM
Asmodians
Default What class has the most fun and engaging playstyle?

I'll end up leveling up every class since that's what I do in every MMO, but until then I need to pick ONE to focus on. I'm PVP oriented.

I'm familiar with how class dominance in pvp can ebb and flow with patches so I'm not asking about the latest flavor of the month class. I want to know what is the most FUN to play in your opinion. Also, what class has the best looking animations for spells and attacks?

From what I've seen I'm interested in Chanter, Songweaver, and Spiritmaster. Possibly Templar and Gunner.

Chanter seems similar to an enhancement shaman in WoW. I like being a melee/magic hybrid. Songweaver looks like a bursty and versatile caster. I've also never played a bard kind of toon in any game so it's different for me. Spiritmaster looks like a WoW warlock mixed with a final fantasy summoner.

I'm going to mainly be running PVP with a few other people. Our group currently has a Gladiator, Chanter, Ranger, and Sorcerer. Synergy with them would be nice too.

I just don't want to end up with a class that boils down to 2 or 3 spammable skills.

TL;DR:
  • Which class is most fun and engaging?
  • Which has nicest looking animations?
  • What synergizes well with a Glad, Chanter, Ranger, and Sorc group?
  • My current top choices are Chanter, SW, SM

Thanks all.

Last edited by SyntheticWisdom - Siel; 02-19-2017 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:56 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: What class has the most fun and engaging playstyle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntheticWisdom - Siel View Post
I'll end up leveling up every class since that's what I do in every MMO, but until then I need to pick ONE to focus on. I'm PVP oriented.

I'm familiar with how class dominance in pvp can ebb and flow with patches so I'm not asking about the latest flavor of the month class. I want to know what is the most FUN to play in your opinion. Also, what class has the best looking animations for spells and attacks?

From what I've seen I'm interested in Chanter, Songweaver, and Spiritmaster. Possibly Templar and Gunner.

Chanter seems similar to an enhancement shaman in WoW. I like being a melee/magic hybrid. Songweaver looks like a bursty and versatile caster. I've also never played a bard kind of toon in any game so it's different for me. Spiritmaster looks like a WoW warlock mixed with a final fantasy summoner.

I'm going to mainly be running PVP with a few other people. Our group currently has a Gladiator, Chanter, Ranger, and Sorcerer. Synergy with them would be nice too.

I just don't want to end up with a class that boils down to 2 or 3 spammable skills.

TL;DR:
  • Which class is most fun and engaging?
  • Which has nicest looking animations?
  • What synergizes well with a Glad, Chanter, Ranger, and Sorc group?
  • My current top choices are Chanter, SW, SM

Thanks all.
In order:

1- this is so pure subjective, there are all fun and engaging, there is literally no boring class
2- again, that's subjective, however I would tend personally towards the ranged classes. However- I do love some of the templar animations- so again, of the three you listed I would say SW followed by SM then chanter.
3- Of those three, I would say SW would complement them very nicely. You would not be a melee/magic hybrid, if you want that you could run an AT. Templar would not be that type of hybrid but it is an extremely useful and engaging class for many people.

Last edited by 2s96332 -; 02-19-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:29 PM
Asmodians

Most engaging is obviously Sin. All other classes are boringly slow in comparison and it's why I play Sin over Glad these days. I still have an alt glad for when I like to be casual, but Sin is the #1 fastest paced class in Aion.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:41 PM
Asmodians

I play songweaver and we have all the cc and lockdown options depending on your build you would like to make. They are imo deadly and the ability to drain mana is rude. Idk but i think every class is fun.

I like spirit master aswell, body guard is just op and being able to fear(drive them) and they take full damage is lmao... but over all the biggest rude class is sm cause you are able to remove scrolls and buffs...

cleric once geared and mastered will never have issues.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:14 AM
Asmodians

Gunners are also funny to play, since they can use most of their skills while running (at least with pistols) and I like their animations.
But a SW would be much more useful (though, I wouldn't say it's engaging).
Old 02-20-2017, 09:47 AM
Asmodians

Glads can be a fun class to cuz all you gotta do is go aoe build and just hit everyone. Its usually what i do with mine. Its fun.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:59 PM
Asmodians

99% of Aion players don't have reaction so they don't know the meaning behind engaging.

Once again, only answer is Sin.

Sorc too at high level but Sin > everything.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:06 PM
Elyos

Not super engaging or anything but:

SW.
Because dropping player-sized treble clefs and massive frogs on players is the sht.
Quests missing? Game Options -> Interface -> check Display Low Level Quests -> Apply
Old 02-20-2017, 09:27 PM
Asmodians

Sin is the most fun.

Nothing else even comes close.

Assassin Guide - http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?p=2012210
4.9 PvP Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdoVS22rPs
Old 02-21-2017, 01:18 AM
Elyos

We can go all day and night going over how our classes are the most "engaging". :P
Bryos (TM A) - Corteo (KR E) - DarkAzphel (SL E)