Old 03-08-2017, 06:18 AM
Asmodians
Default Questions about pvp gears

I am a PvE player and just finished my PvE set so I wanna try PvP but have zero infomation on PvP set

I know 5.3 update is postponed but I am 100% sure I cannot buy new items with my current GP and AP, so getting new items in 5.3 is not my business YET. (unless I'd want to spend money on that lol)

anyways, here are my questions,

What is the usual role as a chanter in pvp? a support? or dps?
Chanter is a hybrid class but I still don't get the idea of role as a chanter in pvp. I want to build dps gear but support gear is going to be buffed in 5.3 (at least that is what I've heard) so maybe it is better to have support gear?

If I do build support gear, MR set? or Shield defense set? on which gear?

I am planning to buy a PvP gear using my blood mark and blood medal, I know those gears are quite outdated (especially when 5.3 is coming) but is it still okay for dps perhaps?

This is it for now,
and any other gear suggestions are welcomed. :D
Old 03-08-2017, 07:42 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Questions about pvp gears

Solo: DPS Set

Group: Support set

For Support, use Block or make an MSupp set come 5.3
Old 03-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Elyos

For the DPS set it is absolutely crucial to enchant all the pieces as high as possible.

Blood Medal are not archdaeva gear, max at +15 and does not break on enchantment failure.

5 pieces of armor at +15 gives you +75 base (white) attack, which effectively adds to your base weapon damage.

That 75 attack are affected by base power (+10%), Staff mastery (+25%), Rage Spell (+15%), Ascension Spell (+20%), Winter Circle (+100%).

For support gear:

Enchanting is not very important if you are not really dealing much damage with it.

For MS set, you can put 6 +40 or +50 MS ancient manastones into blood medal cloth/leather armor or PvP Balic crafted cloth/leather armor. (+50 will be out of print with 5.3). You cannot put MS ancient manastones in archdaeva gear.

For MR set, use Archdaeva 70c2 arena cloth if possible for higher base MR. They will break when enchantment fails, but you don't really ned to enchant these as that's not an offensive set.
https://github.com/maxperiod/aiongrindmeter2

Last edited by mooMOOMooMoomoo -; 03-08-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Asmodians

Sorry but as a support chanter its important to enchant armor also... for my block/physical defense set its important. In 5.3 being able to do a agility set for strike resist. Enchanting on armor is always a need. You even get magical defense. Only thing you dont need to enchant is a magic resist shield...

Toward your first question. You play whatever way you want to play. A dps chanter is just as deadly as any other class once geared. Or you can be full support and just be the one who holds the group together. I myself only support.

Once you get multiple sets you can go hybridish to lower damage or take none and regen back up. I fought a chanter once and i almost had him but he went mr so i couldnt land anything so he just healed back up and went back to hitting me.

Imo people cant just play chanter but thats just me. Good luck yo.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:23 AM
Asmodians

Thank you for replay Tzu, Momo, Stanza!!

@Momomomoo I have a few more questions,
There are a 3 types of chain set and I just noticed that 2 of them have dps spec which are Fearless Hauberk and Mystic Hauberk.
But they both have magic boost... not attack dmg. Which one should I get for dps?? or maybe it doesn't matter?
I guess if I want to get a support set I go for Fierce Hauberk, right?

@Stanza What is your gear for block/physical defense set?

Ahhhhh there are too many gears and options for pvp D:
okay, here is my last (I hope) question.
If I can get an Archdaeva arena set for dps, there are 3 types, again, and I have no idea which one I should get. :/

Last edited by Mintcho - Siel; 03-09-2017 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:04 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintcho - Siel View Post
Thank you for replay Tzu, Momo, Stanza!!

@Momomomoo I have a few more questions,
There are a 3 types of chain set and I just noticed that 2 of them have dps spec which are Fearless Hauberk and Mystic Hauberk.
But they both have magic boost... not attack dmg. Which one should I get for dps?? or maybe it doesn't matter?
I guess if I want to get a support set I go for Fierce Hauberk, right?

@Stanza What is your gear for block/physical defense set?

Ahhhhh there are too many gears and options for pvp D:
okay, here is my last (I hope) question.
If I can get an Archdaeva arena set for dps, there are 3 types, again, and I have no idea which one I should get. :/
My armor is the mythic bm cleric version. Physical defense 100's in ancients and block 29 in regular slots. Shield is the fearless or fierce i dont know which one. Mace is hyperion eternal. I havent tried to upgrade my chanter. Honestly im waiting for 5.3 since its coming next wednesday. See what they have to offer. I use the magic idl accessories because it has strike resist and magic suppression.

As for the arena gear on how to tell the difference, look at the stats you get from conditioning. If there is 3 sets 2 of them give magic boost one gives physical stats. One magic boost armor will have parry for aether techs and other block for cleric.

Last edited by Stanza - Siel; 03-09-2017 at 12:05 PM.

Tags
pvp