Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Elyos
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 420
Default Why am I doing so little damage?

I haven't done any real pvp in a while, but while fighting a glad in the abyss, my hardest hitting skills as a SM were doing 300-400 crits. My MB is 5300 and I have level 75 (clean) pvp accessories. Can people really have that much MS or pvp defense these days? And I checked, he didn't have Magical Defense up.

Last edited by Lenalyn - Israphel; 05-08-2017 at 02:24 PM.
  #2  
Old 05-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Bryoncé
  • Posts: 4,695
Default Re: Why am I doing so little damage?

What is your level and what is your target's level?
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/wLeCuhR.png
Currently counting on an infinite supply!
------------------------------------------------------------
Bryos (TM A) - Corteo (KR E) - DarkAzphel (SL E)
  #3  
Old 05-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Officer
  • Posts: 39
Default Re: Why am I doing so little damage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryos - Siel View Post
What is your level and what is your target's level?
Bryos raise 2 good points,there is other factors also.

As bryos said your level and opponent's now if they are 4 star and above you can check level via abyss rank individuals tab.

Your magic boost is 5300,but what is your magical accuracy.

Are your pvp accessorys tempered this accounts for more pvp damage.

What is your weapon fused with a bloodmedal weapon,arena or new 75 abyss,all of these will affect damage output.

Did the glad throw on a MR set or magic suppression one this can also affect the damage of your skills.

Are you using stigma's to lower target's magical defense's,did you use ignite aether or other buff removal skills to strip them of everything?

There is a lot of factors that can affect damage like what iv'e listed without knowing your gear,level and the opponent it's hard to know why hitting so low.
  #4  
Old 05-08-2017, 01:58 PM
Asmodians
  • Rank: General
  • Posts: 105
Default Re: Why am I doing so little damage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenix - Siel View Post
Your magic boost is 5300,but what is your magical accuracy.
Wait, am I missing something? MR doesn't mitigate damage. She can clearly see how much damage she's doing, so her MA is irrelevant in this case since her hits are landing.

The suppression set makes sense. Tempered rings/belt results in increased PvP defense too, right?

I could be wrong, but Lenalyn is at least 73 if not higher, so level difference shouldn't be mitigating too much of her damage.
  #5  
Old 05-08-2017, 02:06 PM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 698
Default Re: Why am I doing so little damage?

Glads also have the archdaeva Wall of Steel skill which gives them an extra 1K MS, stack that with a MS set and they can easily break the 5K MS mark, so at 5.3K MB they can nerf you down to almost no MB (though if you run IB or Shackle -or both- you get a decent damage boost from all those stacked debuffs).

Also, smart glads will swap back and forth between Defense Preparation (gives them extra pvp def, to tank your fears/buried binds/roots/etc) and Slaughter, so they can end up being very tanky when they stack all that crap.
  #6  
Old 05-08-2017, 02:24 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 420
Default Re: Why am I doing so little damage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenix - Siel View Post
Bryos raise 2 good points,there is other factors also.

As bryos said your level and opponent's now if they are 4 star and above you can check level via abyss rank individuals tab.

Your magic boost is 5300,but what is your magical accuracy.

Are your pvp accessorys tempered this accounts for more pvp damage.

What is your weapon fused with a bloodmedal weapon,arena or new 75 abyss,all of these will affect damage output.

Did the glad throw on a MR set or magic suppression one this can also affect the damage of your skills.

Are you using stigma's to lower target's magical defense's,did you use ignite aether or other buff removal skills to strip them of everything?

There is a lot of factors that can affect damage like what iv'e listed without knowing your gear,level and the opponent it's hard to know why hitting so low.
I think most of these were answered in my initial post, but to clarify

The glad was level 72, 2 levels lower than I am. My gear includes every possible way to boost pvp attack, except a highly tempered bracelet and accessories (they are clean). And I'm pretty sure MR, MA, and magic defense have no bearing on skill damage, so we can rule those out. I suppose this was just a case of an opponent having very high MS, which is pretty shocking for me since the last time I intentionally did any pvp was in 2.7 before MS existed... hehe.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:17 AM.