Old 05-19-2017, 07:15 PM
Asmodians
Default Set PVE

I was wondering if the set Sophisticated Frigida Legion, is the best at the moment?

If so, is it worth it? Or is it better to wait for another?
Old 05-20-2017, 02:18 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Set PVE

Yes.

If you've fulfilled all your other goals and need something to keep you motivated and playing, it might be worth pursuing, but...

5.5 brings Narakali items with PVE boosts, so it's probably better to save for that instead.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:36 AM
Elyos

Assuming nc stops giving stuff out for free, you'll probably need equipment with pve attack/def to run the instance unless you have someone carrying you.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:53 AM
Asmodians

PvP4lyfe!!
Old 05-24-2017, 06:36 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azoturan - Siel View Post
To be exact, Archives (2% pve atk), Cradle (2.7%), Heart of Knowledge/quests (5.3%) and Frigida (6%) weapons and armor all acquire PvE atk/def % stats when the update containing Narakali hits. Narakali will be, of course, the one with the highest stat (9.5% pve atk), but weapons from recent patches won't be completely useless, either. Armor only stands at roughly 4% pve defense (4.7% for 5 piece Cradle armor + headgear) so I wouldn't consider it as important, accessories on the other hand give a 3.2% pve atk for a full set.

Unsure if pre-5.5 items will magically gain the stat or only newly dropped items will have it. \_(ツ)_/

Considering how easy it is to get frigida equip, i expect everyone to get a set before running the new instance. Weapon + all armor pieces.

Sophisticated frigida equip in 5.5 will be updated to be the same as the 12 min instance equip but w/o the conditioning.

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Narakali_-_NPC

Someones going to have to tell me where you're going to get 5900 mb w/o upgrading your outdated gear. +25 IS/DD equip? Probably cost the same as upgrading frigida equip right?

Probably applies to melee classes. Also, for cloths, fridiga stuff has a lot more def stats than 65 stuff and more crit spell if you use konwledge stones.

Last edited by Eleweaver - Tiamat; 05-24-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:23 AM
Elyos

From where can I get this Frigida equipment?
Old 06-27-2017, 11:22 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleweaver - Tiamat View Post
Considering how easy it is to get frigida equip, i expect everyone to get a set before running the new instance. Weapon + all armor pieces.

Sophisticated frigida equip in 5.5 will be updated to be the same as the 12 min instance equip but w/o the conditioning.

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Narakali_-_NPC

Someones going to have to tell me where you're going to get 5900 mb w/o upgrading your outdated gear. +25 IS/DD equip? Probably cost the same as upgrading frigida equip right?

Probably applies to melee classes. Also, for cloths, fridiga stuff has a lot more def stats than 65 stuff and more crit spell if you use konwledge stones.
If I need 5900 mb for stupid pve then this game blows. +10 stones are still hard to get(for me anyways), no way of waste kinah or stones when my PvP isn't finished. Yes PvP may not be important to some but they are also the same people who invest so much into pve that if they did invest in PvP things may be different. But oh well :). I prefer to look good now. Skins over all. Rip aion
Old 07-07-2017, 05:48 AM
Asmodians

"Essence of Knowledge"/"Heart of knowledge" set will be the same as the one dropped in CoE when 5.5/5.6 hits. (making the instance worthless unless you are looking to get Apollon accessories and Minion contracts, if that's the case then nyerk YEAH)

Our current Apollon gear will no longer be obtainable, but if you keep it, it won't disappear lel.

I CAN TASTE THE MANA
Old 07-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andregark - Siel View Post
"Essence of Knowledge"/"Heart of knowledge" set will be the same as the one dropped in CoE when 5.5/5.6 hits.

Our current Apollon gear will no longer be obtainable, but if you keep it, it won't disappear lel.
That doesn't seem legit. Source ?

The way I understood it, new conditionnable gear's mats drop in Essence/Heart of Knowledge, for the other kinds of gear (the ones we can currently obtain through Cradle upgrades), you still need Cradle mats & pieces.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:55 PM
Asmodians

Yeah, kinda my fault for not adding source or explanation in the first place.

In 5.5-5.6 (call it X) patch, CoE bosses will drop two pieces of upgraded Apollon(refer to Holy Apollon in the PowerBook) and three boxes that can be looted by the whole party which contain: eligible Apollon base armor (unupgraded), eligible Apollon base accessories (unupgraded) and a box containing the new currency used to upgrade Apollon gear, respectively.

As for our current materials (particles and books/tomes), I don't really want to say anything regarding this since it may affect prices in broker and ain't nobody has time for that.

As for the proof you can check this Russian playing running some CoE: https://youtu.be/Tvanx3I_5wQ

Now follow this timestamps:
19:00- 1st run, 1st boss killed and it drops plate shoulders and leather boots, now pause the video while he hovers over the boots. PVE %? Conditioning? Yes, if you pause the video and compare the stats it's literally this:https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item:114302184
I thought but might be a coincidence, a lucky drop maybe but as you the video continues and the bosses are defeated the loot repeats itself, Holy Apollon for days my dudes.
26:37-1st run, 2nd boss drops upgraded chain gloves.
37:35-1st run, Thyphon is dead and it drops upgraded tunic (he even shows the skin)
And etc etc, you can check the rest of the video since I don't want to make this post any longer.

This was taken from Aion RU "PowerBook":https://translate.googleusercontent....R98SEAEURJiLOQ
Which states that armor is both dropped in CoE and in Essence of Knowledge.

I hope I explained myself properly, @Azoturan. 8)

edit: switched Piton into Thyphon \_(ツ)_/ , thanks @Bryos

I CAN TASTE THE MANA

Last edited by Andregark - Siel; 07-08-2017 at 12:34 AM.