Old 06-27-2017, 02:56 PM
Asmodians
Default Server Merge FAQ - Work in Progress

Server merges are scheduled for fall 2017. This is a work in progress FAQ to answer questions you may have regarding the merge and the process.

Q: When are the server merges happening?
Server merges are scheduled for fall 2017 after we release Aion 5.6. We will announce the date at least a month out in order to give everyone enough time to prepare.

Q: What will happen to my name?
Unfortunately, all names will be reset. After the merge, your character names will have the server abbreviation added to the end (for example: HimeSL). All characters will receive a Name Change ticket so they can reacquire their name on a first-come, first-served basis. We will work to mitigate cases of identity theft, so please avoid taking names that you have not used previously and do not take a name from another active player. We will have more information on Dos and Don’ts for names as well as how we will assist players who have their names stolen as we get closer to the merge date.

Q: What will happen to my Abyss Rank?
We understand that there are GP discrepancies between servers, but we will not be resetting GP. We are exploring additional solutions to reduce the impact for servers with lower GP.

The top 100 ranked players from each server who will lose their rank after server merges will receive the following titles based on their ranks to use after the server merge.

http://i.imgur.com/Q56ZB3x.png

Q: What happens to my gear that is determined by my Abyss Rank?
Archdaeva gear is not restricted by rank, but if you lose your rank and are still using Abyss gear level 65 and below, you will not be able to fully utilize that equipment set.

Q: What will happen to my house, mansion, estate, and/or palace?
The housing auction and bidding will close one month prior to merges. Housing will be reset for all servers. For players who own a house, mansion, estate, and/or palace, you will receive the Kinah price you paid for your home along with four weeks of the maintenance fees. Please do not abuse this system. We will be monitoring this for inflated Kinah gains, and accounts attempting to exploit the system will face action.

Q: What will happen to my Legion name?
Similar to character names, it will be first-come first-served. Brigade Generals will receive a Legion Name Change Ticket to reclaim their Legion name. We will work with Brigade Generals to claim names that were taken. Please do not claim an active legion name that you have not used. We will have a policy on how we will support players on reacquiring their Legion names as we get closer to the merge date.

Q: I have opposing faction characters on the servers that are getting merged. What will happen to them?
In advance of the server merges, we will open free server transfers to allow players to move their characters that may have faction conflictions after the merge. Players will be able to transfer off Beritra but not to Beritra. Players who do not move their characters during the free transfer period will have their characters automatically moved during server merges to prevent faction conflicts. We will not be able to assist players if they are automatically moved.

Understandably the free server transfers may skew faction balances, and we will be monitoring the incoming and outgoing transfers to mitigate abuse.

Q: Why are you merging the servers?
It is important for us to maintain the health of the game, and part of that means ensuring there are enough players on each server so content can be properly enjoyed by everyone.

Q: What should I do now that I know server merges are coming?
Server merges are a big deal and will result in potentially significant changes that may directly and indirectly affect you, but we encourage you to continue to play Aion as normally as possible and keep informed through official sources about what changes are coming. We will continue to add and update the FAQ when we have more information so you can feel comfortable making the best decisions for your characters and experience.

Do understand that before merges and after merges there will be disruptions to server economy and ranks. As we move past the server merges, we expect the economy and ranks to stabilize.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:54 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Server Merge FAQ - Work in Progress

Thank you so much for the information and the update.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:28 PM
Elyos

On housing, what will happen to all our items in them once the houses/estates/mansions get reset? I have next to no inventory/warehouse space despite them being maxed out, and use my house on a regular basis with it's extra drawers I've bought both in game and on BCM..?
Not to mention all the housing stuff in general I've bought from BCM over the years.. if we're unable to secure a house after merge will we get reimbursement for that?

pyromage-aion.tumblr.com

Last edited by Pyromage - Tiamat; 06-27-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:37 PM
Elyos

before server merge i need remove my items from broker?
Old 06-27-2017, 05:17 PM
Asmodians

inb4someonestealsJakeorTzu.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:33 PM
Elyos

this sounds fun, i hope with housing they allow us to buy some 30 days boons with the higher levels for those whom cant grab one in the bidding.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:21 PM
Elyos

I am happy because I will be getting +7b kinah back. I will feel rich again.
Bryos (TM A) - Corteo (KR E) - DarkAzphel (SL E)
Old 06-27-2017, 06:37 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by {CC} Cyan - Siel View Post
Server merges are scheduled for fall 2017. This is a work in progress FAQ to answer questions you may have regarding the merge and the process.

Q: What will happen to my name?
Unfortunately, all names will be reset. After the merge, your character names will have the server abbreviation added to the end (for example: HimeSL). All characters will receive a Name Change ticket so they can reacquire their name on a first-come, first-served basis. We will work to mitigate cases of identity theft, so please avoid taking names that you have not used previously and do not take a name from another active player. We will have more information on Dos and Don’ts for names as well as how we will assist players who have their names stolen as we get closer to the merge date.
So after the years of playing AION I have made many friends. Will our friends list go with us in merge and will they be updated when people get new names so we can keep in touch.

On the other side I have ment people who I do not want to play with every again. Will out block lists come along with us and change when people change their name. So I don't have to play with the horrible people that also play this game?

_______

@Pyro despite if u have an estate mansion or house and lose it u can get a studio that u can hold all your cabinets.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:55 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpiredTuna - View Post

@Pyro despite if u have an estate mansion or house and lose it u can get a studio that u can hold all your cabinets.
Ohh yeahh, I forgot all about that. Do you know if the drawers will stay intact with all the items? I'm so worried about the space thing and where they will bounce off to..

pyromage-aion.tumblr.com
Old 06-27-2017, 07:00 PM
Elyos

The drawers should stay intact. I lost my estate due to inactivity, and everything was still in its proper order when I picked up a studio later.
Quests missing? Game Options -> Interface -> check Display Low Level Quests -> Apply