Old 07-11-2017, 04:41 PM
Asmodians
Default Weekly Server Maintenance - July 12, 2017, 6:00 AM Central

There will be a scheduled game update Wednesday, July 12, 2017 from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 3 hours.

- Changes -
  • Routine website and server maintenance.
  • Character transfer queueing will be unavailable in preperation for Aion: Omens of Ice.

Be sure to follow @L2andAionOps for server updates. Thank you for your patience!

-Maintenance images of the week-
http://i.imgur.com/tleQFKU.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/naqTXtf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/R50VIq3.gifv
Old 07-11-2017, 05:14 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Weekly Server Maintenance - July 12, 2017, 6:00 AM Central

Another big update and no Code Red *crys into pillow*
Old 07-11-2017, 05:19 PM
Asmodians

Ikr!!! Where is our Code Red >:(

It's been sooo long, almost out of scrolls :(
Old 07-11-2017, 06:42 PM
Asmodians

Is anyone bothered by the fact that this human is said to be Ereshkigal. Dragon Lords only have two forms. Their fully ascended Dragon form with 4 legs, 1 tail and 2 wings and their Drakan form which is somewhat humanoid but with the additions of a tail.
Beritra disguised himself as a human mage for the Katalam and Danaria quests but that's different.
This figure we see here in the trailer is neither that so what the heck are devs in Korea thinking. Sacrificing the lore of the game in favour of sex appeal of a character that players are supposed to be fear, especially due to the fact that Ereshkigal used to be a male.

Treat people with respect and never pass by a problem without doing something about it.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:02 PM
Elyos

Because the lore can evolve over time as the game/story is fleshed out more. Some of what we thought of as "lore" could have just been daevic legends, assumptions, or inferences by the Daevas who wrote the "lore." That's part of the fun of evolving storytelling, especially when a lot of your "lore" comes from unreliable sources.

Tiamat first showed that the Dragon Lords could take on a human enough appearance and actually be "female" even though the original translations of the lore said male. Beritra showed they could go full human in appearance if they wanted to, as well as have a human-enough appearance and dragon form. Ereshkigal is supposed to be super powerful, more so than Beritra and Tiamat, so it wouldn't be all that difficult for her to be sexybutt human form all the time if she wanted to. Probably less cumbersome than the dragon form, especially for smaller spaces.

5.8 lore video shows her leet dragon form. She's the badass version of Elsa, still scary af, tbqh, and I want her dress and hair IRL, even if I'd have to wear a bodysuit and fake bewbs underneath it to stay decent. :x

/writes a lot and had stories change substantially over the years.
Quests missing? Game Options -> Interface -> check Display Low Level Quests -> Apply
Old 07-11-2017, 08:03 PM
Elyos

I wanted to talk about that in a thread some months ago, but no one paid attention. >_>

There is something that has never been revealed to us about ascending into a Dragon Lord, and it has finally been let out. Korea released a comic showing several Balaur chanting and anticipating the birth of a Balaur from an egg. He was born as a male, however the comic was titled as Ereshkigal's beginning.

So, what this is suggesting is that all Balaur who are born as Drakan can be either of both genders (mostly male though). Then, when they ascend into Dragon Lords, it counts as a complete rebirth, choosing their new Drakan-humanoid form as well as their Dragon form. As such, the case of Ereshkigal is that she started as male, ascended and then chose to be female.

This theory would also explain why all Dragon Lords are referred to as "he". If you remember correctly, both Ereshkigal and Tiamat had this happen to them. At the same time, I have said in the past this is mainly because Dragon Lords have only appeared as "big Dragons" for Daevas/Reians/whatever, as such they had no idea of what their gender was, and thus used "he" as example.

However, there is yet another old theory that Dragon Lords just have no static physical form. Instead, they only have the ones they "prefer", and shape-shift at their own will and needs.

As for Ereshkigal being a lot more human than any other Dragon Lords, we also discussed this a long time ago, while chatting about how from the Ancient Drakans styled mobs we got to the Tiamat/Beritran Army. It is based on a concept which says that the most powerful enemies are not the most savage beast ones (Level 1-50 Drakan), but the most human looking ones (Level 60 onward, maybe some level 55s as well).

This is because humans as a symbol of self-control (the irony though, lol), while wild creatures are only guided by their instinct, and therefore will never use their power at its full potential. So, it is safe to assume that the closer we get to Fregion, the more human-looking they will become. (Inb4 the Fire Transformation is Fregion)
Bryos (TM A) - Corteo (KR E) - DarkAzphel (SL E)
Old 07-12-2017, 06:04 AM
Elyos

Code red, and Stormbringer Motion please. :(
Old 07-12-2017, 10:30 AM
Asmodians

Kk you do not understand ncsoft ncwest now will not give anything to anyone, look at aion EUropa looks at the items of incentives look at the difference looks at the garbage of items that NA aion is offering to players this maybe just to know if you have enough player to merge It's worth spending money that might not come back
NA aion will not give you anything good will only give you garbage because if you give good things the spenders will not waste and with this will not be able to suck your last penny your last drop of blood
Finally aion NA bankrupt
Or failing because as long as you spend on it it will be there even being poor poor rubbish as it is.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:30 AM
Elyos

Ok, let's try to calm down with the tin foil hat-ness...
Old 07-12-2017, 11:42 AM
Elyos

EU also bans you if you play from Canada.

Everything has its pluses and minuses, I guess.
Quests missing? Game Options -> Interface -> check Display Low Level Quests -> Apply