Old 08-06-2017, 01:33 AM
Elyos
Default EU going to open 4 new servers

What about NA going to follow EU after meged ?

Pan siege is going to lose the fun if everyone got their own fort with just 2 servers.

However I doubt about last server that going to be open it said international wonder if they means world or just across Europe.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:06 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: EU going to open 4 new servers

Isn't it too early to talk about new servers before the merge has even happened?

As for EU, I guess enough people are coming in from all over the place. When is this happening?
Old 08-06-2017, 04:35 AM
Elyos

After the merge, will you open new servers?!

That logic.

EU's servers are not full. I am not sure what EU has planned that they think they can fill four new servers. That is one hell of a lot of bodies. More than likely what will happen is just what happened with Beritra. Old players will be drawn to a "fresh" server and reroll there, leaving their old servers dead. For about a week, groups will take anyone that applies and shortly after groups will be restricted by level and gear. The happy-happy-fresh-and-new feeling will fall away and become the same haves-and-have-nots that all old servers have. Old players will go back to their old servers, leaving the new servers dead. Incoming second merge.

So no. Please. Don't open any more new servers.

~happily rolling about in my own badness since 2009~
RIP: Honoria (Kaisinel/Elyos) ; Alysynne (Israphel/Asmo)
"Race balance is something that we take extremely seriously" - NCSoft
Old 08-06-2017, 04:42 AM
Asmodians

They are adding a PL server, DE and GER + one international it seems. I don't know how it is for Aion EU, but typically servers other than "English"(from my experience) never do that well. (Not counting WoW)
As the international one is for everyone, I personally don't see the point of adding the first three.

Maybe it'll work out for them and maybe it won't. Although I never thought EU would come back from whatever crap it used to be and they seem to be doing pretty well.

Last edited by Larxe - Siel; 08-06-2017 at 04:44 AM.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:52 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larxe - Siel View Post
*snip*

Maybe it'll work out for them and maybe it won't. Although I never thought EU would come back from whatever crap it used to be and they seem to be doing pretty well.
Agreed. Their model was so horrible and still isn't great, but they do communicate with their community. Maybe that's all it takes?

~happily rolling about in my own badness since 2009~
RIP: Honoria (Kaisinel/Elyos) ; Alysynne (Israphel/Asmo)
"Race balance is something that we take extremely seriously" - NCSoft
Old 08-06-2017, 04:58 AM
Elyos

That's exactly my idea it's going to be berita all over again if they just opened a new server.

But they can't left unused servers for nothing either so I think there's a chance high that they going to open new servers.

However here's some my ideas to make different between new and old servers
-Discounted BCM for old servers to keep players playing there.
-Double drop rate and exp rate for account that created more than 6 months in old servers for 2 month so people will not reroll on new servers.
-Add homebound event for 2 month in new servers.EXP weekend for 1 month.
-Free skins on new characters that created on new servers.
-Lower housing starting bidding price on new servers.
-Make new servers PVE servers
-Make new servers Oceanic services
-AION:RESTART experience aion from aion 1.0 until lastest version 5.6 update every month.

If I got more ideas I'll add later.

Last edited by Neleth -; 08-06-2017 at 05:25 AM.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:06 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelewen - Siel View Post
But they can't left unused servers for nothing either so I think there's a chance high that they going to open new servers.
They can reallocate the server resources in other ways to improve performance on the remaining servers. If they're renting the servers, they can return them.

They're not going to open new servers unless there is a massive influx of new players that decide to come and stay here. We all saw how new servers played out both with Kahrun and Beritra, even if Kahrun's initial death wasn't as dramatic as Beritra's because we had many more players back then. Though now it is beyond dead.

BnS is also going down from 16(?) servers to 2 servers in NA, and 18(?) to 3 in EU (Eng, German, French). To improve raiding experience specifically. They're not opening new servers there either.
Quests missing? Game Options -> Interface -> check Display Low Level Quests -> Apply
Old 08-06-2017, 01:33 PM
Elyos

I do not know Game Forges cash shop but here is how i imagine its going to go on the new server.

1) Level up to 66
2) Do arena
3) Have full arena gear lvl 70 2nd day
4) Omega enchant to 15
5) Plume/bracelet +10
6) Buy stars xp scrolls to 75
7) GameForge = Profit

Now before you say i am crying about p2w i actually like the fact that this game can stay afloat with less then 30 people. The game is not in risk of being shut down even if i only like to put 100-200 dollars a year in to a game.

http://i.imgur.com/yZTwtop.jpg?1

Last edited by BlastingSquid -; 08-06-2017 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:52 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake - Israphel View Post
BnS is also going down from 16(?) servers to 2 servers in NA, and 18(?) to 3 in EU (Eng, German, French).
Wow, that's quite the drop!
Old 08-07-2017, 07:48 AM
Asmodians

I always thought BnS was doing really well!