Old 04-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Elyos
Default Spiritmaster elite grinding areas (elyos)?

Hey everyone, I just decided to start playing this character again after abandoning it for a gladiator and I was wondering-what are good places to grind elites (or normal mobs) for a 25+ spiritmaster? any tips are appreciated. You may post asmodian places also so that we can help all spiritmasters :D
Old 04-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Spiritmaster elite grinding areas (elyos)?

I'll list what I did - my SM is lvl 46 right now.

28-33 Kaiden Mines

34-36 Quested

36-43/44 KHQ/LC depends if you want krall molars or insignias

43/44-46 Indratu
Old 04-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjorik - Ariel View Post
I'll list what I did - my SM is lvl 46 right now.

28-33 Kaiden Mines

34-36 Quested

36-43/44 KHQ/LC depends if you want krall molars or insignias

43/44-46 Indratu
Thanks for the response :D
Old 04-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Elyos

it depends on how good your gear is and how brave you are...and how much soul healing you are willing to do.

but assuming you are a little ballsy, and unsure of gear, heres what I would suggest.

1-13: quests in poeta, vert citadel, and tolbas villiage. knock out as many campaigns as you can.

14-23: first thing to do here is get a tropical tome or tropical orb. if you didnt get one to drop for you in the early part, grab one off the broker and get it as high +'ed as your money will allow. then start kiting the tursin krall near the cantas coast entrance, and avoid the ones holding lances...they are ranged. once they start not giving optimal xp, move inside the gates and work on your krall marks...you can solo those.

24: obtain a wanderer's tome/orb. if you can get that, start heading to kaiden mines and again, avoid the mobs with lances because they really hurt if you arent smart about them. if you are smart with them, they do 4-5 ranged attacks and then will need to catch up to you before they start throwing things again. so if you can survive the initial salvo, you can stay away from them for the kill.

25-28: group up in NTC if you can, otherwise stay at kaiden mines.

29: this is an interesting level. too high for ntc, too low for ft. I suggest either staying at kaiden mines or getting keyed for etc, and then kiting mobs there. or, you can start farming your FT key now (even though you cant use it until 30). all good options.

30-33: remember what I said about being ballsy? here it is. solo fire temple. it may seem daunting at first, but you can solo just about everything in there except for kromede...and if you are really well geared you can solo her, too. make good use of your fear, and try to avoid mugolems unless you are up for a tough fight. at 32, youll want to get a group together to kill kromede so you can get hannet's book or orb.

34-37: kaiden headquarters. youll need to rush in past the lvl 34 kaiden scouts (non-elites) and pull things like crack kaiden patrol, crack kaiden slasher, and the like. by now you should realize that lance holders will ***** you over, but here you also need to be wary of the kobolds that have crossbows. get 100 molars, get the shugo shoes, and get out of here as fast as possible.

38-42: lepharist citadel. pretty basic kiting, lots of room, occasional asmo (if the rift is up), and usually lots of other people kiting. avoid healers and sorcerers, the former has one ranged skill which hurts and the latter is fully ranged. both ***** you over pretty well. at 41 you should take a kiting break and find a group to do the xenophon's orb quest. make sure you pick up the orb, too. the book has slightly better stats, but negligable. the orb has 600+ more MP than the book...so get the orb.

43-50: if you can get in, either through the waterfall route or the mountain path, kite the indratu barracks. be wary of invisible mobs and the bowmen, tough kiting, and hard grinding. have fun.

other places you can kite, but I would not recommend, are:

kishar krall
insane kishar krall
fortress guards (AP is tempting but asmos have a penchant for showing up right as the mob is about to die. if youre feeling frisky, go ahead.)
any asmodian area (bakarma barracks, silver mane, etcetera.)
Old 04-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Elyos

wow thank you for the post, really helpful :D
Old 04-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Elyos

You can try and grind the towers in the eye of reshanta when it's up. Be careful of when and where you do it. Each tower is worth a bucket load of XP and SM's have it pretty easy doing towers there.

With Double XP, Lodos, and Repose, I was able to get 1.65million XP each.
Managed to grind out 6 in a row yesterday but was ganked by Asmo's mid way through 7th one.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:00 AM
Elyos

Nice posts. Gonna try this tonight since I'm 35 and tired of trying to quest.