Whats the difference?

Thank you!

Drawn by: http://dvellee.deviantart.com/#/d32qz67
http://www.riftgame.com/en/
COME PLAY RIFT!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Evasion vs Parry o.O

Evasion = Chance to dodge an attack completely.
Parry = Chance to parry the attack and reduce the damage received from it.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Elyos

final answer?

Drawn by: http://dvellee.deviantart.com/#/d32qz67
http://www.riftgame.com/en/
COME PLAY RIFT!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Asmodians

That is basically it. Parry will say you parried and will show what is supposed to be a reduced damage amount
Old 07-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Asmodians

Also~ depending on your class, parry or evasion will trigger certain counter skills. Like a chanter can stun you after parrying, and an assassin can stun you after evading.

~woof.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Elyos

Parry is a 40% damage reduction, block is what ever the block reduction the shield has. evasion is just zero damage. The thing is you dont want to always go for evasion. Evasion caps out at a 30% chance to evade where as parry and block can go higher on the chance to parry or block. Also if your a class such as a chanter than parry would be better than block or evasion because it helps trigger counter attack skills. Lastly keep in mind the order of which the game checks for it. It checks evasion first, then parry then block.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffinator - Israphel View Post
Parry is a 40% damage reduction, block is what ever the block reduction the shield has. evasion is just zero damage. The thing is you dont want to always go for evasion. Evasion caps out at a 30% chance to evade where as parry and block can go higher on the chance to parry or block. Also if your a class such as a chanter than parry would be better than block or evasion because it helps trigger counter attack skills. Lastly keep in mind the order of which the game checks for it. It checks evasion first, then parry then block.
You sir are a master Jedi

/bow
Old 07-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffinator - Israphel View Post

I know this is the theory behind it, but when i put on an anuhart set with full yellow evasion stones and use my AOE blind skill(whatever the name is lol), I don't get hit, at all by mellee attacks, not just 30% of the attacks xP
Old 07-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venn - Nezekan View Post
I know this is the theory behind it, but when i put on an anuhart set with full yellow evasion stones and use my AOE blind skill(whatever the name is lol), I don't get hit, at all by mellee attacks, not just 30% of the attacks xP
That evasion skill is the same as my charge skill flight capd. I can still go above it.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Elyos

You guys missed the part where at 50, you have naturally 0% Evasion as an assassin. And only 10% After socketing every piece of armor with evasion stones. In full Fenris / Miragent's. Including all of the +Evasion bonuses on every set piece, and every set bonus.

Better off trying for parry, because dodge is broken at 50. Unless your a ranger... Dodging can help put you up to 30% with full eva stacking.