Old 09-13-2010, 06:51 AM
Asmodians
Default Kaliga's Key?

Hello Everyone :)

Quick question, I know it's stupid... Myself and some legion-mates were wondering if it's possible to get kaliga's key twice. I got it on my first run and would love to get the staff next... But I'm hesitant to try in case I have a string of bad luck and miss out on some chain gear with Heal Boost. Has anyone tried? Has anyone succeeded?

Thanks!

-The Nyerkie
Old 09-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Kaliga's Key?

I have been trying for a second key with no luck so far. Any one else manage a second key?
Old 09-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Asmodians

I'll be going on my fifth run tomorrow with nothing more than two blue belts and some armor (Kaliga the Unjust twice, all four twice), so I don't expect getting more than one before I outlevel the instance.

However, as the instance shouldn't bother keeping track of you personally, it is probably possible, just not statistically feasible, to get it twice. Depends on your magic hidden "Luck" stat. I would recommend what I'm doing. Weave taking all four bosses for the armor and jewelry that sells well as trash with taking just Kaliga. If you get another key, cool. Your probability wouldn't go up or down based on previous times, though; I think it's the same probability every time.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Asmodians

If nothing has been changed since the PTS, then yes, it's possible to get a second key.

In PTS, I managed to get both the dagger and the sword on my second and third run.

The way I did it is I skipped all bosses to only fight the enchanted one.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Elyos

All I've gotten from Kaliga when I face him alone is the belt a couple times, a white mana stone, and a little kinah. I'm not going to bother with this on my glad any more since I have a blue FT spear already and the upgrade to that I can get has better stats and is extendable. So I'm going to pound out the 4 boss gig every day instead.

My ranger is about a quarter level away from being able to go into the instance so I'm definitely going to be going after the key with her. I might try for two..if I even get one.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Elyos

Yes it is possible. Legion-mate has gotten it twice on his chanter. Staff and shield I believe.

While another hasn't gotten a single key. Luck of the draw.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Asmodians

Ran it exactly 9 times and his key dropped twice of those 9 times. Extracted staff, since had it already... level 60 stone. Not bad
Old 04-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Asmodians

Jesus, this thread is SEVEN MONTHS OLD. How did you even find it?
Old 04-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Asmodians

Lol I dunno, was pretty bored last night.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Asmodians

yeah, you can get the key more than once, i got the key 2 runs in a row, got the mace and shield for my cleric, i think that with the "drop rate increases" people are finding it a lot faster now, but then again a legion-mate found it to be complete BS that i was "lucky" enough to get it 2 runs in a row, i think NCSoft just want to make people leave their game with "RNG"