Old 09-18-2010, 09:21 AM
Asmodians
Default Weaponsmith vs Armorsmith

I have been thinking about picking up a new profession, but i just cant decide on which one to pick.

i guess it comes down to whether endgame weap or armor is easier to get? anyone have any suggestions?
Old 09-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Weaponsmith vs Armorsmith

Weapon. The armor may be easier to get - but the weapon is just soooo sexay.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Asmodians

expert weaponsmith.

everyone and their mother is an expert armorsmith.

not to mention you can make TONS of money on expert crafts/balic craft weapons that have attack speed on them.

weaponsmithing definately needs a bigger initial investment in making weapons than armorsmithing because you need the peices to proc 2x white -> green then green -> blue.

if your going to tackle weaponsmithing as making 1 peice at a time and hoping it procs, then trying that one again if it procs to proc a blue, your doing it WRONG.

you really need to do your initial batches in quantities of ATLEAST 10-15 each time, ideally you want to make mats for 25 white tries. that way you can get more than 5 green procs and that way you have a good chance at procing atleast 1 of those 5 greens to a blue so you can do your expert craft.

when i went and made my expert adamantium polearm to combine with mine, i got 25 white -> green tries together, got 9 green procs, and then out of those 9 greens i got 4 blues.

4 blues -> 1 gold & 3 blues and im making a ton of profit off of it :)

total spent was like 5m in origional mats and 2-3m in expert fluxes.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Elyos

I agree with the post above, do your crafts in batches. but personally i hate it, and gave up on it also, the RGN is so **** gay. it put me in total misery. i tried to craft for my expert test for 20 crafts, all got white but 3, out of those 3 , none got to blue. in the end i just gave akakak the finger. im never crafting again
Old 09-20-2010, 05:43 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanakon - Vaizel View Post
I agree with the post above, do your crafts in batches. but personally i hate it, and gave up on it also, the RGN is so **** gay. it put me in total misery. i tried to craft for my expert test for 20 crafts, all got white but 3, out of those 3 , none got to blue. in the end i just gave akakak the finger. im never crafting again
I tried to craft my 1st Expert test weapon, cost over 10M for all the mats and what not, didn't get a single one blue. I bought the next one outright to save my sanity.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:57 AM
Asmodians

If you want the special gold/orange gear that is BoP
Both.