View Poll Results: Reduce vulnerability of balaurea forts?
Yes 37 62.71%
No 22 37.29%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Asmodians
Default Fort Schedule

Does anyone else feel that the Balaurea Sieges are much too redundant? I mean they go vulnerable 7 days a week at 9pm PST (which is prime time hours for west coasters smack dab in the middle of dredg.) Also they have those random siege timers that go up at noon and 4pm PST. I would not mind so much if these forts went up only 3-4 time a week but as it stands this is getting way too repetitive. Also with these daily 9pm PST sieges the abyss is pretty much empty due to no one raiding the forts there anymore. Raids at 8/9/then 11pm PST are just too much. Sorry for sounding like a whiny shugo but I am sure I am not the only one feeling this way. Does NCSoft ever intend to fix this terrible schedule or will this be done in 5.0?
Old 09-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Fort Schedule

I agree, I get home from work log on and I get hit with tells that I have to go do a Siege, so I basically spend my 3-4 hours of gaming fighting at sieges and doing nothing else. There should be at least 2-3 days of forts NOT going vulnerable during the week.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Elyos

over the weekend its balauria then 5 minutes later its abyss forts. then dredge then back to balauria then back for triple inner/dvine vuln.... -_-

no time to do Besh temple with out pissen off a few people.
Muramasa - Ranger - Divinity of Symphonia
Old 09-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Asmodians

I agree, with all the new content, it's pretty close to impossible to get anything done with the frequency of the forts going vulnerable.

I can't even log on in the morning to do my gathering without PMs for Balaurea forts.

Give us a breather. Geez.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamdoryKS - Vaizel View Post
over the weekend its balauria then 5 minutes later its abyss forts. then dredge then back to balauria then back for triple inner/dvine vuln.... -_-

no time to do Besh temple with out pissen off a few people.
Notice me in Udas the last 2 days lol This fort schedule sucks. I can not get anything done.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Elyos

I think you guys are asking for the wrong things here. The whole fort system needs an overhaul anyways. For one the dredgions instance should never been scheduled to happen during when fort raids happen. Its one of the most retarded things to me. A good chunk of your fort defense/offense are in the dredgion instead. Once the time that the instance is available to do gets changed the next change that needs to happen is for the dredgion to have an actual impact on the outcome of the fort raids. Like make it where which ever side successfully defeats the captain should have an easier time defending the fort from the balaur.

Next the number 1 change that needs to happen above all else is, make the **** fort system fair to everyone. Its no fun to show up to get raped in slow motion and get no medals for it. I understand the system is based on how much AP you get but I feel that everyone should be guaranteed at least 1 medal so long as they did at least 1 point of damage on the winning side. That way support classes get something out of this as well. This would go a long way with helping folks to get AP gear. People can do instances all day long but with no medals all you can buy is lvl 30 gear, how does that really help you at 55? Changing the system to be more fair will help everyone and make people more likely to show up for raids.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Elyos

^^^^^

What he said. Dredg and Forts going vulnerable at the same time irks me to no end.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Asmodians

I'm fairly certain the frequent vulnerabilities are so that it's possible for pretty much every server regardless of imbalance to be given ample chances to capture their sides fortresses and keep the Silentera Canyon passage up as much as possible. If they were only up 3-4 times a week you'd have inevitably have periods of several days with no access to Silentera, possibly from both factions, even on highly populated servers.

And on purely dominated servers, with only 3-4 vulnerability periods, you'd have ridiculously high attendance on every period just for the sake of cockblocking the other faction. See: Almost every server ever throughout Aion in NA where all the inner fortresses were controlled by one faction for months and months because aside from random vulnerabilities you only had to coordinate people to be on for a specific 4 hours a week. To do that with Balaurea, you'd need something like 12+ hours a week, which is far less reasonable for the average person. And seeing as how you can't even get into Beshmundir or the other faction's side without owning both of your fortresses -- perhaps they really don't want that same level of domination to happen again?

Given that, it seems painfully obvious that they don't expect everybody to attend every siege anymore, but rather allow both factions to pick and choose which ones to really prioritize and end up giving them both the chance to have a siege where they have the upperhand, even on a server where they're outnumbered overall.

Dredgion overlapping fortresses is pretty dumb though, especially since now you have three fortress periods back to back to back which forces you to pick between Dredgion or fortresses for at least one of the periods. And it doesn't really do anything toward siege balance because for every group in Dredgion there's one of the opposing group as well, unless they queue and pass, anyway.

In 1.9 the timers were 8PM - 1st Reshanta, 10PM - Balaurea, 11PM - 2nd Reshanta. It seemed clear the reason 2nd Reshanta was pushed back an hour was to make room for Balaurea to not overlap with either Dredgion or Reshanta. It would've given you 9PM free to do Dredgion outside of forts, which works out fine. But when 2.0 actually came out the timers are now 8PM - 1st Reshanta, 9PM - Balaurea, 10PM - 2nd Reshanta. ...Why? What purpose did it serve changing that to have Dredgion completely overlap two fortress vulns?
Old 09-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonoko - Vaizel View Post
Given that, it seems painfully obvious that they don't expect everybody to attend every siege anymore, but rather allow both factions to pick and choose which ones to really prioritize and end up giving them both the chance to have a siege where they have the upperhand, even on a server where they're outnumbered overall.

Unfortunate it doesn't seem to work that way on our server. From what I understand, spamming to run an instance rather than raid forts at fort time will get your entire legion banned from "Alliance Events". or something like that.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briseida - Vaizel View Post
^^^^^

What he said. Dredg and Forts going vulnerable at the same time irks me to no end.
It forces you to make a choice. That's all it is, get your dredg, or get your forts.
MB - Asus Crosshair IV Formula / CPU - Phenom II X6 1090T / VGA - Sapphire Vapor X 5870 Toxic x 2 CrossfireX / RAM - OCZ DDR3 Flex EX PC17000 2133 MHz 8 GB (2x4GB) / PSU - CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W / CASE - CoolerMaster HAF X / LIQUID COOLED!