Old 09-22-2010, 03:00 AM
Asmodians
Default mithril coins

Ok so i started doing the mythril coin quest in hopes that I can aquire the gold bow. 1500 coins needed for the weapon. not bad considering you get 1 coin for the quest, and a box that contains 2 - 6 coins. I have been grinding this quest for about 3 days pretty hard, and I have 118 coins. My average playing time is 3 - 4 days per week , so at this rate ( assuming i can keep up this hardcore pace) I will have 1500 coins in roughly 12 weeks or so give or take a week.

So, I have to wonder, is 12 weeks of nearly all of my spare time from work and family worth this grind to have this bow? I dont think it should be easy by any means, considering the stats on this bow, but ****, this is a lot of effort to put forth for one game item. Now I know I could break down and buy some of the coins, but at there going prices, I would have to put 10 - 20 million kanah in on top of this hellacious grind. Is there any other way to get the coins faster? And what do you think? Is this grind worth it ?

I would more than likely be spending most of my spare time playing Aion anyway , but the repetativeness of this I know is going to get to me after a few weeks. Hmmm what to do , I really want the bow but **** haha!
Old 09-22-2010, 03:15 AM
Elyos
Default Re: mithril coins

Have you done Taloc's Hollow? There is an NPC in there you can get a quest from that delivers you mithril coins as an additional reward. You need to talk to him and click accept quick before he chickens out and runs away. The quest is timed. I usually just run all the way to Mosqua and kill it, then go back and do the rest of the mobs.

You can only run it every couple of days, but it is a source of coins while you are already running that quest.

[IMG]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z247/katfield/TRINE/trinesig1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-22-2010, 03:17 AM
Elyos

could always farm some of the cions and to stop the repetitiveness of doing same thing over and over go make money other ways to buy the coins :P i'm almost sure it'd be easier to get the money in less time than it would take to get the coins plus not as boring
Old 09-22-2010, 03:57 AM
Elyos

You might as well do Fenris.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:18 AM
Asmodians

Reply to CC Trine : I dont think i was ever able to make it to the queen in time. maybe Ill put a kisk up outside and try and run to the end and see what happens hehe.

Reply to Mistressofpower: Thats actually what I was thinking just doing a little each day then maybe running quests that pay out good kanah.

Reply to Imanic: Doubt i could do fenris, i dont like to craft. ( well not that i dont like crafting, i just dont have the patience for farming all the materials needed, especially gathering)
Old 09-22-2010, 04:25 AM
Elyos

I dont understand why anyone actually needs a kisk for taloc's. If you choose the cleric npc to help... she heals you making it virtually impossible to die especially with judicious use of the damage shield stone you get. And even without the cleric.. its really difficult to die on talocs unless you seriously aggro tons of mobs.

To get to mosqua in time you HAVE to basically just train the mobs... I run to mosqua ignoring everything and aoe down anything that is on my tail at the entrance to mosqua's room... then I kill her with time to spare and go back and clear whatever didnt trail me.

As for the coins... yea the cost in coins for these items just doesnt seem worth the time... you could complete miragent/fenril set + weapon faster than you could gather those coins.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:36 AM
Elyos

The Talloc's Hollow NPC is never there for me. I saw him once, my first time through and he left in a matter of seconds, and by seconds I do mean seconds. I ran up there, he spouted off his thing about being out of breath and before I could even click on him he spouted off his thing about leaving and was gone. It happened in a matter of 10 seconds I swear. My fiance goes through, I'm watching him and I warn him, so he runs up, tags him, gets the quest... and the guy hangs around for like, another two minutes. I was irked. But, then everyone tells me the guy is there everytime they run the instance and I've run it 5 times now with him only being there once. I don't get it.

I've been able to watch him enough to know you get a coin no matter what in doing the quest. The timer recycles.

8 minutes - 4 coins
1st reset (4 more minutes) - 3 coins
2nd reset (4 more minutes) - 2 coins
3rd reset (just kill her) - 1 coin

Also, when it comes to the amount of coins you need - It's gonna take you a while, yes. But also remember that you can buy them or have legion and friends grind them with you. I know a couple people who are farming plat coins and using the kinah they earn to buy Mith coins.

Kisk at Talocs: Because I didn't notice the fruit buff was about to wear off before I jumped in to fight Mosqua... She hurt. A lot. Going all the way back from Brushtonin was painful too. Of course, that doesn't make me kisk, it just makes me watch my buff timer if I go afk in the instance again.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:37 AM
Elyos

to catch the npc before he leaves you need to get to him right after you kill kingquid... I've managed to clear the room of mobs and gather the aether there before he desapwned myself but if you want to make sure... just run up to him after kingquid dies

you must be hanging out or going afk or something after kingquid dies...

I always clear everything before kingquid... he should be the very last thing alive before you start heading to the branches where the npc is
Old 09-22-2010, 04:45 AM
Elyos

Just do Cooking. It's not hard to get.

To get 6 Mithril Coins in Taloc's(I haven't gotten less and I'm pretty sure it's the most), I ignore all mobs right before the NPC with the coin quest. Get the quest and train without stopping to the queen. I just focus on killing her.

Also, you do use the fruit for the 100k hp/50k mp buff, right? I don't know how you can die with that. xD
Old 09-22-2010, 04:53 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic - Israphel View Post
to catch the npc before he leaves you need to get to him right after you kill kingquid... I've managed to clear the room of mobs and gather the aether there before he desapwned myself but if you want to make sure... just run up to him after kingquid dies

you must be hanging out or going afk or something after kingquid dies...

I always clear everything before kingquid... he should be the very last thing alive before you start heading to the branches where the npc is

Hmph... that really sucks. Didn't consider that I was being penalized by actually running the instance. Not that I was afk'ing a lot, but that I actually completing the entire thing each time - which for me was fairly slow. It was taking me like 3 1/2 hours. I just didn't have the gear for it after my account was hacked. My damage output was just too low.

It never occurred to me that there was an unspoken time limit inside the instance. I'll have to give it another try since I've been restored and not clear it out till afterwards.