Old 09-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Asmodians
Default magic boost I

+300 MA +300 MB +10% faster cast lasts 1 minute with 5 minute cool down@ lvl 55

With the MR nerf and this skill at lv 55, do you think 50e/55 pvp Orbs are more desirable than books?

I'm sitting at 1340 MA with total +96 MA manastones(in horrible gears). But with this skill activated, I didn't get resisted once vs. a full MR Fenris/Miragent cleric, not even cc.

I speculate that with a better weapon and 1500+ MA with food buffs, we should be fine without socketing any MA?
Old 09-27-2010, 02:56 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: magic boost I

hmmm... I'm also curious what other sorcs think about SoF now? Is the extra MA really needed now?
Old 09-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Asmodians

you will probably just get a mixed opinion. personally i think SOF would be a waste of a stigma because of magic boost 1. with most clerics if not pretty much all of them taking out some MR and slotting HP SOF, i think, would only help agaisnt aether armor from temps.

i would much rather have wintry armor or elemental ward and arcane thunderbolt
Old 09-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Elyos

With Magic boost 1, I'd agree and say SoF is a waste now. With 16-800 M.acc, you can hit anything, even m.res aether armor temps. M.res was nerfed hardcore.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniella - Vaizel View Post
M.res was nerfed hardcore.
Can you elaborate more on this statement? Is there a ninja change behind the MR mechanism? Or is it because 2.0 skills that increases MA renders MR build to be somewhat less useful?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Asmodians

Also can someone give some insights about Orb vs. Book with the new buff and "Mres nerf".

The reason I ask is because I have a Alukina's Orb waiting for a 50e/55 Orb combine. It would be a hassle to get the Alukina's book. Would it be worth the trouble or will a Pvp Orb do the job?
Old 09-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis - Siel View Post
Also can someone give some insights about Orb vs. Book with the new buff and "Mres nerf".

The reason I ask is because I have a Alukina's Orb waiting for a 50e/55 Orb combine. It would be a hassle to get the Alukina's book. Would it be worth the trouble or will a Pvp Orb do the job?
i've always had a mira orb & really notice no diff between endgame ppl resisting or not, if u go up against a mres stacker chances r ur gonna get resisted no matta wat unless u also stack macc...even a tome alone is not enough macc against mres stackers...

either or, u should always have multiple sets of armor for diff situations u go n2

also going orb now may make up some mb that some accessories w/ crit spell lack

n n the end, it's not that tome will hit more often then orb or w/e, it's all about wat set u have on against a mres stacker

couple more plat medals & i can get 55 tome & combine to jesu tome <3 for a macc only weap
Old 09-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Elyos

Erm no.
The likely chances of you landing a spell on an M.res stacker between Orb and Tome is really noticable.
Fact is, most orb users have a lower M.acc, 1300ish, where as tome users usually average 1400 (good ones 1500). You can safely gap 3-400 M.res to M.acc and still have a awesome hitting rate.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniella - Vaizel View Post
Erm no.
The likely chances of you landing a spell on an M.res stacker between Orb and Tome is really noticable.
Fact is, most orb users have a lower M.acc, 1300ish, where as tome users usually average 1400 (good ones 1500). You can safely gap 3-400 M.res to M.acc and still have a awesome hitting rate.
The difference would be 40 ma and 40 mb. Well, depending on combine also. Either way Alukinas book and orb has no +MA. Though i think it's probably the best combine for people without access to high end pve/orange weapons.

Probably will carry around a MA set for vs. sorcs with elemental ward. Otherwise food/self buffed MA should be enough to hit everything.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Asmodians

well im sure most people, for pvp, like to use tome because magic boost is easier to get with stones at +27 while magical accuracy stones are only up to +14