Old 04-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Comparison: Aion vs WoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudo - Nezekan View Post
WoW invented mmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravege - Zikel View Post
I hate how people say WOW is the original mmorpg... This is the order: Ultima, Runescape, Everquest, then WOW. Notice how WOW came out many years after the ORIGINAL MMORPG.
Want to know how to **** of a game nerd? Say WoW was the first mmo, and BAM 20 people crawl out of the wood work to tell you you are indeed incorrect. And the troll has food in its belly and won't die of starvation for another day. Good job/
Old 04-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrablack - Israphel View Post

Want to know how to **** of a game nerd? Say WoW was the first mmo, and BAM 20 people crawl out of the wood work to tell you you are indeed incorrect. And the troll has food in its belly and won't die of starvation for another day. Good job/
Yeah. Its hard for me to not correct the people that mess up the MMO timeline. Nobody pays homage to PSO anymore. It's not the original, but it was very very fun.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selveen - Israphel View Post
Yeah. Its hard for me to not correct the people that mess up the MMO timeline. Nobody pays homage to PSO anymore. It's not the original, but it was very very fun.
What about MUDs? I can't lie, I am playing legend of the green dragon right now...
Old 04-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrablack - Israphel View Post

I think I love you.

"I mean, if it sparkles in the daylight and lives in the woods, it's a fairy, not a vampire." - Pino Israphel
Old 04-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Elyos

Aion vs. WoW...

WoW = I has Uber gear now so I two shot anyone my level who does not.
Aion = Mr. Full Fenri's guy still can't two shot me. (true story.)

In short, PVP actually lasts longer than 2 seconds here <_<

"I mean, if it sparkles in the daylight and lives in the woods, it's a fairy, not a vampire." - Pino Israphel
Old 04-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Elyos

Fantastic thread. I wasn't going to open it for fear of the sheer stupidity that might have been slopped into this forum. But I was pleasantly surprised and got a laugh.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Maybe its better that way, that way the fans quit hoping SEGA will give them another good game. ;p RIP PSU.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Similarities

If you'll notice both games, despite people's belief, have things called a character. This "character" can be called many things. A couple of other names that have been referred to the characters are toon and avatar. Many feel that the term toon originated from a wonderful movie called "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". I am not one of those people. Neither are you.

In these games you'll find that pressing the W button will have your character move in a forward manner. From this action alone we can infer that another similarity these games have is this "toon" that you have is a PC and not a NPC. What PC means in this matter is a "playable character", and NPC stands for "non-playable characte". PC also stands for personal computer which points out that the "mac vs pc" argument is a misnomer and has lead many owners of Macs to believe that they do not own a PC. They may say "I don't have a PC, I own a Mac." These people are stupid and most likely play an Elyos or possibly a Night Elf character.

Differences

The differences are far, far too numerous to count. People hate when you try to compare WoW to Aion and hate also when you say how they are different. Perhaps they don't want to believe that either game exists although I believe the number one form of advertisement for WoW happens to be Aion players. Many, many times I have seen the statement "Go back to WoW". I at one point considered making a legion called "Didn't come from WoW".

Now to the meat of this...

World of Warcraft, or "WoW" for short is said by making a "wha" sound with your mouth. Almost like saying "whiskey", but not saying it like "Hwhiskey" which was made popular both from Hot Rod and Family Guy. You'll start by having your mouth in a "pucker up" stance, and quickly move it to the "cheese" position. Try it. Even silently you can feel the word "wow" coming out.

For Aion it's quite the opposite. You will start your mouth in the "cheese" position and then move it to almost the "pucker up" stance. I've come to learn that there are two entirely different ways to pronounce the word. Way one, which is popular in my circles, is saying A-on, the other way, which is not popular in my circles, is I-on. In the interviews you'll here I-on, but when you start the game up you'll hear a woman in the background singing A-on.

Another difference to notice is while Aion is composed of 4 letters it is not for any word nor is it an acronym. Maybe "Aye.... I oughta no..." but no there should be spelled know, and it still makes no sense. WoW is not 4 letters long, but 3. It is also short for something AND an acronym. WoW, believe it or not, is short for World of Warcraft. Much longer than 4 letters. Math isn't my strong point so I can't add up the letters, but I am 100% sure that it is unequivocally longer than 4 letters long.
after reading this, i stood up of my desk.. walk to my room and made love to my finance! thats how happy i was to finally understand and put an end to the difference between wow and aion.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Asmodians

Thank you dear, I however have a little seed of not loving you in the pit of my stomach as you called sins ezmode. But I am not sure if you where trollin or not. Nyrek what do I do now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorah - Lumiel View Post
I think I love you.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:40 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enden - Yustiel View Post
wow was the first and best mmo
WoW was deffinately not the first nor the best.

Games like EverQuest were out long before WoW was.

People also always say other games took their UI and playstyle from WoW...actually...WoW took it from EQ in the first place.

WoW used to be good but after 3 years of playing I decided that a game that rewards mindless farming of 5 man instances with the best raid gear available, while people who actually raid for the gear get the lesser raid gear, is not worth playing. Me doing raids for 3 months and get my full T8 set, and then see a noob lvl 80 who just dinged the day before having full T8.5...and he's never even seen the inside of a raid dungeon before...

Yeah...WoW used to be good...but now it's getting so easy and mindless and noob rewarding that it's no longer worth playing.

WoW is dieing, face it.

I'm sexier than you <3