Old 04-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Elyos
Default how many have been hacked?

im just curious to see how many people have been hacked recently.. and maybe if anyone knows how they were hacked. i was hacked a little over a week ago and im completely stumped.... nobody knows my password, my info is NOT easy to guess, i dont go to any bad sites and i know my way around a computer well enough to know what and what not to do.
im bored as hell and cant play the game without my gear so tell me your story. how did you get hacked and what was the outcome?
Old 04-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: how many have been hacked?

I was hacked a month or so back, my guess is that it was a result from when Aionsource's email database got hacked. I was stupid enough to use the same password for everything, so when they got my Aionsource account they got my email, my NCsoft master account, hell they even took my facebook!

I was actually on when it happened, I alt tabbed to look something up for a friend and heard the "ding" as if I was getting invited to a group. Instead I got a window that said that someone else had tried to login to my account. The only option was to click "OK" (as it was the only thing to click) and the client closed.

I attempted to login and lo and behold my password had been changed. I then had the pleasure of watching my character (from my wife's character) running back and forth selling almost everything I had. I took a SS of my character status page to prove that I had the stigmas that I did, and SS of my character and what he was wearing.

I sent that all in to NCsoft and called them the next day, an hour later I had control of my account and 2 weeks later I had all my missing items, kinah, gear and etc back.

"Just do what Elethor does and 4k DP it."
Old 04-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Asmodians

Well i got hack while my acc was cancel...so i didnt knew till a week ago when i came back to the game. It sucks cause they dont know when my stuff is getting back. I spend 4 days farming up Aether to sell it in the Broker and Farming mats to get some crappy gear so i can do a few instances and quest!!! It sucks...and well the game is still the same has when i left is a pain to lvl and if u dont put a hardcore effort u wont get anywhere!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Elyos

I've been hacked.
Through email support got my account back in 1 week, then items back in 2 weeks.
Almost 3 weeks for the process, btw while waiting for your items to come back you get to keep the progress that you did while waiting.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:55 AM
Elyos

****.. so it really takes that long to get your stuff back huh?
my account was banned only for like 3 days before they released it and now ive been waiting a week to get my gear back and was starting to think i would never get it back.. good to know that i may only have 1 week to wait.. btw wtf is up with this game? ive never heard of so many people getting hacked and ive been playing mmos for like ...8 years MANY mmos.. and ive never ever been hacked till now. this game has serious issues
Old 04-20-2010, 05:00 AM
Elyos

Yeah... you can't blame the victims all the time. It's not always their fault. Hackers these days are stuck on that mind "don't take it personally, it's just business" ....

I'm sorrie :(
Old 04-20-2010, 05:01 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvts - Zikel View Post
my account was banned only for like 3 days before they released it and now ive been waiting a week to get my gear back and was starting to think i would never get it back.. good to know that i may only have 1 week to wait.. btw wtf is up with this game? ive never heard of so many people getting hacked and ive been playing mmos for like ...8 years MANY mmos.. and ive never ever been hacked till now. this game has serious issues

Right here is the most Hacked MMO

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/bo...Id=11112&sid=1

Even if 1% of those 11.5 million get hacked its 115,000. You will see everyday threads of I got Hacked or my account was banned and so on
Old 04-20-2010, 05:43 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvts - Zikel View Post
Couple of things to ponder:

Technology is catching up. Since game co's are stepping up the fight against RMT's and the sort, the dirtbags with their sense of entitlement of course will step up the methods at which they get their monies.

The amount of people diving into these games has dramatically increased as well. In order to protect yourself from these problems, even as a hardened computer veteran, you MUST keep up with the methods they are using and react accordingly.

Face it: It never has been the service provider's responsibility to insure your computer is safe from attacks- its yours. People dont like hearing it but getting on the internet involves a requirement of you to insure your own security, being naive is no longer an option, period.

People think that the methods at which they become vulnerable involve target specific indulgence- quite the contrary. How many out there know/find out the hard way you can get compromised just by dropping by a website not involved with the game? Flash ads, Pop-unders, hidden scripts, the list goes on and on. I'm aware of a few facebook and myspace apps/sites that have/had gaming hacks involved. Most of these perps also deal with multiple games. 1 false move and you are toast if you arent up to date.

Look at Aionsource: They had their email (and who knows what else) compromised. Shame on them of course, but also, shame on the same people silly enough to use the same passwords and/or account info out of laziness.

Its not a problem with Aion, the only thing Aion had to do with it is its one of the more recent popular games.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:32 AM
Asmodians

I was just hacked two days ago. Same as many of you i never logged into another computer or gave out my password to anyone for any reason. However i was lucky because i use differant passwords for everything and i was even luckier because all they took was my kinah which added up to about 150k (i should mention i just started playing 5 days ago when this happened) but all my gear and items where still there and untouched. I contacted aion support and all they did was suspend my account till i verified that it was me who had controll over my account and they made me change my passwords (which i already did because im not stupid) And i read in the fine print that no items or kinah will be replaced because of a hack, probably because they assume everytime your hacked its your fault. I do know i didnt do anything to deserve this so i have no idea how to prevent it from happening again. So i guess ill keep playing and roll the dice.

Happy hunting
-Odus-
Old 04-20-2010, 06:58 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odus - Triniel View Post
I was just hacked two days ago. Same as many of you i never logged into another computer or gave out my password to anyone for any reason. However i was lucky because i use differant passwords for everything and i was even luckier because all they took was my kinah which added up to about 150k (i should mention i just started playing 5 days ago when this happened) but all my gear and items where still there and untouched. I contacted aion support and all they did was suspend my account till i verified that it was me who had controll over my account and they made me change my passwords (which i already did because im not stupid) And i read in the fine print that no items or kinah will be replaced because of a hack, probably because they assume everytime your hacked its your fault. I do know i didnt do anything to deserve this so i have no idea how to prevent it from happening again. So i guess ill keep playing and roll the dice.

Happy hunting
-Odus-
Nobody ever does anything to "deserve" it.

Ever gone to another website Aion oriented?
Ever gone to a googled/search engine link pertaining to Aion?
Ever gone to a mmo related site other than Aion's?
(Exchange the above word "Aion" with any other game as well)
Ever opened emails (this includes just viewing them in a preview pane)?
Ever use Internet Explorer?
Ever download software?
Ever go to any sites that have flash ads or javascripts?

Any of the above can be a possibility of why you had this happen, and it doesnt stop there.