Old 12-28-2010, 05:34 AM
Asmodians
Default DPS meter

Who uses one, and which do you use?
Old 12-28-2010, 05:38 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: DPS meter

I only use it when somebody asks. I normally don't, though. And King's is a good choice. Why do you ask?
Old 12-28-2010, 06:28 AM
Elyos

I'll have to look into King's one of these days. I'm kinda curious to see where I fall in terms of damage.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:31 AM
Elyos

KDM or ACT are teh goodies
Old 12-28-2010, 06:32 AM
Elyos

King's is good... I've also used Active Combat Tracker... both are pretty solid.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Elyos

So I looked into getting KDM, downloaded the file, zipped it w/e.

Now what do I do with it? Where do I need to put a file?

A run thru of what to do for Aion would unbelievably appreciated if someone knows :)
Old 12-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Asmodians

Kings was really confusing to me. It never really seemed to keep track right when I was using it, but then again I could have set it up wrong. I've heard decent things about ACT though.

They confuse me X_x

Archi - 55 Ranger
Old 12-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeler - Vaizel View Post
So I looked into getting KDM, downloaded the file, zipped it w/e.

Now what do I do with it? Where do I need to put a file?

A run thru of what to do for Aion would unbelievably appreciated if someone knows :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archi - Siel View Post
Kings was really confusing to me. It never really seemed to keep track right when I was using it, but then again I could have set it up wrong. I've heard decent things about ACT though.

They confuse me X_x

The documentation does a bit of good info, but on your end you would

A)Download the zip

B)Extract it to some folder. Your choice. I left it in the "downloads" folder.

C)Move the system.ovr file to the Aion folder.
C: -> "Program files" or "Program Files(x86) if you're on 7
-> NC Soft folder
-> Aion folder

Put the system.ovr file anywhere in there. From past experience with ACT I make my own system.ovr file. To do that open up notepad, copy and paste the 3 lines of script in the pdf that King provides, hit save as, make the file name "system.ovr" without the quotes, and on file type change it to "all files". Make sure you place that file in the Aion folder.

Once its there open up Aion and it should work and then when in game open KDM. If you have Windows 7 it won't find the chat log that was created. If that's the case click on the options button on King. Its the second button on the top right. Choose "locate log" or whatever. Navigate to the Aion folder and you'll see a file there called "chat". Choose that and it should work.

Note that KDM and ACT are identical in what you need for them to work. Once that system/chat file is in place either will work fine and you can use whichever. The difference is the user interface in how it looks. If you have more questions then message back. Funny thing was I had planned on making a guide to setting them up like 2 days ago, but PM'd the person instead.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:15 AM
Elyos

Isn't use of 3rd party applications against the EULA? You may want to be careful... its not worth a ban IMO.

GL!
Old 12-29-2010, 03:54 AM
Asmodians

Last year I brought up about DPS meter and langauge Translator being forums of third party tools , and someone from NcSoft who isnt with NcSoft anymore said that it was being "Resourceful".
I commented back that wouldnt useing "Bots/Hacks/and other types of Mods" be considered being "Resourceful". I got no reply :/

My thing is if the game was made with it sure fine, but if it wasnt then it should be considered cheating. I dont care if it has nothing to do with the game at all, it being used in the game files should be a breach of contract.

Just my "OPINION" on the subject.