Old 01-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Asmodians
Default ASMO GLADS ARE SUPERIOR TO elyos glads

its true,

two skills piercing rupture and zikel threat
compare with elyos versions

to top it off our eyes glow red how glad is that?

o and our Lord is Zikel who represents SLAUGHTER AND DESTRUCTION
elyos is Nezeken who represents just war

COMMONNNN
Old 01-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Elyos
Default Re: ASMO GLADS ARE SUPERIOR TO elyos glads

you guys really do look cooler when you come charging in. I mean the glowy eyes are cool period but it's just so much more badass on a glad. It truly fits the profile of a blood thirsty berserker charging at you relentlessly with a spear.

I gave you a shoutout btw on Israphel forums :< you show no love. Meanie!

"I mean, if it sparkles in the daylight and lives in the woods, it's a fairy, not a vampire." - Pino Israphel
Old 01-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Asmodians

asmo glad > elyos glad.

but the difference isnt as much as say asmo sorc > elyos sorc.

piercing rupture vs shattering wave - TBH it's really situational, because their are times i wish i had the elyos version since it works similar to cleave whilst rupture requires me rooted to ground and damage done around me which can be a problem when chasing.

zikel vs nezekan - its a bit more here and a little less there so its not too big of a difference either.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:39 AM
Asmodians

just went and found the post and comented, sorry had no idea you have given me some love :D

and it truly makes me happy you noticed me going after you in dreg like a mad motherfudger ;)

my pug group was like man forget this we cant beat them lets go afk and i was no i have to destroy jocelin lol
Old 01-12-2011, 03:00 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryukken - Israphel View Post
just went and found the post and comented, sorry had no idea you have given me some love :D

and it truly makes me happy you noticed me going after you in dreg like a mad motherfudger ;)

my pug group was like man forget this we cant beat them lets go afk and i was no i have to destroy jocelin lol
XD That's pretty much what I get in most of my dredg runs. I get focus fired a lot when I have an SM and Sorc ready to blow people up. :/ When my temp gets to dredg I suppose all the taunting I do will come in handy. That is what a temp does best anyway! Holds aggro!

"I mean, if it sparkles in the daylight and lives in the woods, it's a fairy, not a vampire." - Pino Israphel
Old 01-12-2011, 03:12 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless - Vaizel View Post
asmo glad > elyos glad.

but the difference isnt as much as say asmo sorc > elyos sorc.

piercing rupture vs shattering wave - TBH it's really situational, because their are times i wish i had the elyos version since it works similar to cleave whilst rupture requires me rooted to ground and damage done around me which can be a problem when chasing.

zikel vs nezekan - its a bit more here and a little less there so its not too big of a difference either.
I agree with that.

Now what i really would like to have is the Asmo running animation, specialy with a spear, it's just WAY more cooler.

WTB Asmo running animation ticket.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:18 AM
Asmodians

@ heartless

not as bad as asmo sorc vs elyos sorc but still a noticeable difference

only advantage of elyos skill is its ranged (air combat), while ours hits more targets and hits MUCH harder.

if group vs group asmos version is superior, if you can land asmo version on a foe it will hurt them bad

as for buffs

ours gives more ATTACK, theirs give more physical defence
I dont think i need to explain how attack% is superior to physical defence %
especially considering our roles in pvp
Old 01-12-2011, 03:24 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryukken - Israphel View Post
@ heartless

not as bad as asmo sorc vs elyos sorc but still a noticeable difference

only advantage of elyos skill is its ranged (air combat), while ours hits more targets and hits MUCH harder.

if group vs group asmos version is superior, if you can land asmo version on a foe it will hurt them bad

as for buffs

ours gives more ATTACK, theirs give more physical defence
I dont think i need to explain how attack% is superior to physical defence %
especially considering our roles in pvp

It's so much a difference that it doesn't make a difference.

The Elyos skill allows them to hit the enemy group by using a cleave, it works like a flower. Basically it's a Cleave that once hits the target, does an AOE based on where they are. As for less damage, not that much. With Zerk up it can still crit for 2k-3k's, and is more effective to use.
You keep comparing Force blast and PR, but you fail to realize that PR is the improved stigma slot, compare Force blast with PW not PR.

As for a 10% in BASE ATTACK damage increase, is far little to make a true difference. It's going to be less a difference than rolling with Slaughter on than Aion's strength.

I would trade PW for FB anyday, it's just a better execution skill.
To Forum Users: My Posts speak only for myself and no one else. Do not consider my words the words of others, including but not limited to: My friends, My legion mates, and their friends. If I upset you, let me know. I may remove my post if necessary.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:52 AM
Asmodians

im fully aware PR is the improved version, i said compare the elyos version of it not the inferior elyos version

as for the 10% physical attack increase, im of the opinion any % of attack is importent for a dps class but its just my opinion

lastly ours having a self root but hitting harder means its less useful in air combat but superior in group vs group pvp like dreg or forts, our job as a class is to split the enemy lines and destroy which skill does that best? if a gladiator cant close in on a target on the ground to pull a PR then perhaps a reroll is in order lol
Old 01-12-2011, 04:33 AM
Asmodians

If we're talking directly about piercing rupture's elyos version then that would be shattering wave.

piercing wave is a skill and it's associated elyos version is force blast.

lets look at the differences;

PW: medium damage 12 enemies around user 10m AOE range. pdef debuff 500 for 30s.
FB: low damage hits a target within 15m of you, and 5 enemies around target. debuff pdef 500 for 30s.

imo, skill book wise - FB is better due to its range & all round effectiveness is air and for moving targets. Potentially (im not sure as im asmo) the range could be increased with an extendable?

now to the stigma versions;

PR: high damage 18 enemies around user 10m AOE range. pde debuff 600 for 30s
SW: medium damage to a target within 15m of you, and 18 enemies around target. pdef debuff 600 for 30s.

elyos version still has the same utility as the skill book version but this time it isnt gimped by the amount of targets as its skill book version. SW essentially can hit 19 targets, 1 more than PR this time round & still do good damage.

the differences are too much yet at the same time too little to say either is at an advantage or not.

its utility vs damage.

and if you're a glad with an extendable spear you obviously chose utility over damage or else every glad would be running around with /balic/stormwing/drenium/vorpal/siel's spears if they wanted "damage".