Old 02-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Elyos
Default Re: critical strike in PVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwing - Israphel View Post
They need to put some elemental defense on that enchanted armor, because ummm.....them 6k Infernoes hurt & they hurt ALOT :(
Maybe some sort of bonus for enchantments above +10 =]
Old 02-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuku - Israphel View Post
Maybe some sort of bonus for enchantments above +10 =]
Eternal Acc have Elemental resists, It's a mistranslation. There is no Strike Resist on the armor. There is a video of this all on Youtube, find it.

http://www.aiondatabase.com/item/list/3.121000000

http://www.aiondatabase.com/item/list/3.110600000

Last edited by Zarathustra - Siel; 02-09-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchan - Israphel View Post
Magical crit is far less than crit strike. For example, a SM on average have 50-100 crit, when physical class at least have 4-500. If magic class crit as often, then I can see that coming. However, there are magical crit in 2.5, it's a lot less than strike resistance though.
I'm confused by your statements. Obviously a casting class has less crit than a melee class normally. I don't see/hear the casters getting critical hits as often as any melee does, especially in PvP. What's this about 2.5? We're still in 2.1 as far as game version is concerned. And if I recall correctly, they gave back magical crit in 1.9.

What I'm wondering is if it works the same. If a caster has 100 crit, do they have 10% crit chance like melee does? Does Strike Resist lower their chance to land a critical hit? And when they do get a critical hit, does Strike Fortitude reduce the damage taken?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Elyos

elemental resist plz :D
Old 02-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra - Siel View Post
Eternal Acc have Elemental resists, It's a mistranslation. There is no Strike Resist on the armor. There is a video of this all on Youtube, find it.

http://www.aiondatabase.com/item/list/3.121000000

http://www.aiondatabase.com/item/list/3.110600000
I'm talking about if only there were elemental resist bonuses regarding enchanted armor that is above +10 not the lv55 eternal set. You misunderstood.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:35 AM
Asmodians

Well, whit all this thing about reduce crit chance and crit damage whit strike resist and strike fort make me think just one thing: "Sins are dead."

Our attack is the lower one in the game, so we need to crit a lot. If enchanted armor reduce the crit chance and some itens reduce the crit damage we are F%$#.

What NCSoft thinks? They have a nice attack speed and can hide, this is all they need?

We cant have a nice crit in PvP anymore and if we use stun the danm remove shock "kill" us, giving the player 7s of stun resistence buff.

Sorc and SM control the fight whit CC and Fear + some very nice damage.
Cleric and Chanter have self heal and have a very nice defense/attack.
Templar and Glad have a lot of def, hp, can pull, root and have lot of attack.
Rangers have CC and stun, can hit from distance and kill you before you can react.
Sins can die fighting or die runing.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Asmodians

Sins aren't as dead because of the crit resist. Rangers are more hurt by it since their lottery damage can be pitiful especially if they don't crit. As a sin you have Clear Focus to increase crit by 100, and on top of that there are greater crit scrolls and food.

Enchanting only effecting crit resist is my major concern about it. If every CR equaled 0.1% damage reduction from spells then somebody with 300 CR would have 300 CR would have an overall 30% reduction from spells, and with the size of nukes now, the increase m.boost in the next patch, and the amount of CC I can see and believe magic classes would be just as good with that extra defense in place.

Another alternative is for each point of CR then there is a 3 point reduction in mboost. That would let mages stack more m.boost just like melee need to stack more crit to offset the different.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Asmodians

I wonder who thought more M.b would be a good idea, as if 6k infernos/godstone procs, 7k dp moves etc weren't enough. Probably the same person who though Call Lightning was a good idea, lets give a class that can spam dispel, insta-heal, perma root, and uber dot a skill that can hit for 5k+ wouldn't that just be the bees knees?

With having 14k hp I've been 2 shot by a sorc. 3 shot by a cleric... with a general godstone proc... ah good times, good times.

yep more M.b they need it.

mb should work like attack stones do... you can get all the base MB off your weapon you want but stones should function differently in the formula of damage. ie 2000 (+600) where as the +600 may equate to 600 extra damage, it itself is not calculated in the base value of the magical attack being used.

either that or attack needs to be amped up IMO. Wheres the attack "capped" glads?!
Old 02-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Asmodians

sooo in other words .... melee got the shorter very much blunter end of astick and now sorcs who are supposed to be "glass cannons" get to make sure that they are bulletproof glass

nerf MB or add elemental defense to ALOT of items add it into the enchant system AND PLEASE FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY AND IN THE NAME OF LADY SIEL
FIX THE F*#&ING MANA STONE SYSTEM ...

if im supposed to get 600 crit for my sin to even be noticed in pvp it be nice if i could at least slot my million kinah per lvl 60 Crit stones into my gear at least some of the time

(i hate sorcs just saying)
Old 02-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Asmodians

hi new to the sin class but what should i be stocking crti and resist or crit attack resist or hp crit and attack ?