Old 04-28-2010, 04:23 AM
Elyos
Default 1.9 - Polearm or Greatsword?

Yes, I am a sadistic person that wants to bring up the PA or GS conversation up, but I want to make it a little more relevant to the future.

So, yesterday I was having a conversation on /4 on my glad with some people and when talking with a 50, we got to discussing PA or GS in 1.9. I am a PA ***** so I talked that up, without much actual knowledge of the situation in 1.9 while he said that there was an accuracy issue in 1.9 [whut?] and GS was considerably better because then you don't need to stack mad accuracy. Now, that being said, I used the rebuttal that PA would be better because of crit resist basically and therefore you don't need to superstack crit in order to stay at the soft cap while PvPing. He followed that up with the oldest and truest I win button argument - the Korean glads all use GS and those that do not stack mad accuracy on their PA's. Alright, hard to argue with him after that, seeing as I don't really know what 1.9 will bring in terms of accuracy.

So here it starts off - with the limited knowledge most of us have about 1.9, do you know what will be more effective? Also, if anyone has played the Korean servers and know, a post would be most helpful.

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:08 AM
Elyos
Default 1.9 - Polearm or Greatsword?

I'm very curious about it too, I dont have any idea what will come from 1.9 so it will be very nice to receive some coments.
Oh, and plzzzz....the thread name is PA or GS...so dont come with DW FTW because Vampiric Blade blablabla....and of course, we are talking about the SAME level PA and GS...so avoid "I'll grab what shows to me", I mean, for exemple, you have 1kk AP, what elite 50 you would take, GS or PA? o.o
Old 04-28-2010, 07:09 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: 1.9 - Polearm or Greatsword?

You could always try out the test server when it goes live on Friday. You can get a char lvl 50 in about a weekend, and probably enough ap to get 2 weps in a week. That would probably give you the best answer out of personal experience rather than listening to what everyone has to say/argue about each side.

http://www.aionsource.com/

Scroll down on the home page to find the link to the client DL.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Asmodians

I prefer the PA so I will probably stick with it for the time being.

War does not determine who is right... only who is left.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Elyos

no DW love?
Old 04-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloot - Yustiel View Post
no DW love?
DW is dead, so there's really no reason to talk about it.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Asmodians

I will use whatever I get for a drop from a boss or whatever I get as a quest reward. Since I am a scrub and poor to boot I am still using betonis.... So my best scenario so far seems to be that I will get lannoks spear, menotios spear, or if I ever have money buy a blue attack speed spear. Then whatever I get I will probably just have to combine with betonis...

personally I like the way the moves look with a gs and the speed it offers, but I like the knockdowns polearms seem to give so I duno.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termintor - Nezekan View Post
personally I like the way the moves look with a gs and the speed it offers, but I like the knockdowns polearms seem to give so I duno.
your knockdown abilities dont depend on wether you have a PA or GS. it all comes down to your crit rate(correct me if im wrong?). I wield a GS and get just as many KD's with it then i ever did with any spear i've had, granted my crit rate(with food) is about the same as it was when i wielded a spear.

as for this discussion, keeping my lannoks GS, finishing it off to +10, then once 1.9 rolls out, combine an abyss gold GS for +pvp atk and the +6 slots, then enchant to +15 someday soon after that(maybe! lol)

But honestly, i'd much MUCH rather try to get my hands on bakarma's spear. When i get a group together to run DC soley for bakarma i may try to farm that spear. Combine that with an abyss spear that has +atk spd, and you'd be pretty **** set with a sweet spear, for extendability, that burst damage and that extra crit & attack.... omymy
Old 04-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissolute - Marchutan View Post
your knockdown abilities dont depend on wether you have a PA or GS. it all comes down to your crit rate(correct me if im wrong?). I wield a GS and get just as many KD's with it then i ever did with any spear i've had, granted my crit rate(with food) is about the same as it was when i wielded a spear.
I'm not 100% certain, but magic acc. seems to affect the actual KD rate from what I've seen. I've messed around with both slaughter and aion's strength in pve, and it seems like I have a noticeably higher KD rate on elite mobs with slaughter on. Whether there have been threads on M.acc and KD rate made already, or whether it is common knowledge to everyone but me, idk because I'm too lazy to look it up. But if it has already been discussed and proven me wrong, then my apologies for being out of the loop.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Elyos

Depends on the accessibility of level 50 extendable greatswords and polearms in 1.9.