Old 04-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Asmodians
Default Aion's Fashion Show - guide of armor's skins.

AION’S FASHION SHOW

This little guide was created for all those, who just like me ^.^ not only care about “power” of theirs characters, but also theirs appearance. Therefore, I've created this summary of most Aion’s armours models!
They are divided into several categories (atreian amours / balaurean / balic / abyssv/ costumes ect.) to make it easier to find armour which we are interested in. You are not only able to search for armour model you like, but also you will see list of armours which has same appearance, so it will be easier for you to get that skin for remodelling.
For some of amours, we added links which shows how x armour dyes! For a complete list we still miss few armours, so if you have them please contact us via email or forum pm.

Good hunting! ;D
-------------------------
I put it in "General Discussion" coz I know more ppl is reading this section than "Community Announcements" or "Game Guides", so more ppl maybe will enjoy this guide. You can also find this topic in "Community Announcements" section here, if after some time this one will be lost in tones of new posts in general section ;)
Old 04-05-2011, 03:23 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Aion's Fashion Show - guide of armor's skins.

very nice, never even knew some of these skins even existed, i love the abysal splinter armor skins. thank you very much for sharing
Old 04-05-2011, 05:20 AM
Elyos

Wow, thank you! I've looked for guides like this before, but this one blows them all out of the water in organization and completion.

On an off note...

OMGOMGMUSTHAVE
Old 04-05-2011, 05:37 AM
Asmodians

Then, you should start to do AS boss runs, coz armor showed by you, is obtained from boxes after killing each boss in AS :) IMO this set, look so... different ;) Or at least its a rare sight to see them and they are unique atm.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:16 AM
Elyos

Wow, nice post
Old 04-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Elyos

Doing a great job with Daeva's Report! Welcome to the NA Community! If you guys haven't had a chance to check out Daeva's Report you should take a few minutes and pop by HER fan site. You can also find his posts in our Community section of the forums.

:)

Girl Power!!!!

[IMG]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z247/katfield/TRINE/trinesig1.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by {CC}Trine - Siel; 04-05-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Elyos

Nice post! Although I think there are a few skin sets missing. I know most armor has a different look for Asmos and Elyos even if it's the same piece. But there is other armor that has the same skin that each side can use if they want that look.

A few I noticed although I only have the Asmo skin equivalents for Elyos. I don't know what skins the Asmos can get if they want Elyos armor although I know they are out there:

From this page: http://9kohorta.com/blog/aions-fashi...chains-models/

1. Asmo Models 6, 10, and 12 are basically the same set except with different color schemes. They correspond to the green Researcher set for Elyos in terms of the skin. I believe this drops off of mobs in Heiron.
2. Asmo Models 11, 17, 18 - again same skin different colors. If Elyos want this skin they can look for the white level 30 Asmo skins available for sale from Shugo's in Eltnen (Defeated Archon set).
3. Asmo Models 19, 21, 25 same thing and if Elyos want them it's the rare spawn Shugo in T. Labs that sells white armor with the same skin (Slain Archon set).

There are some hats and things for both sides that follow the same pattern.

Last edited by Leilonii - Israphel; 04-05-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Elyos

Very nice! I see some sets are obtainable through coin quests so my suggestion is too add the type and quantity of coins will be needed and also what coin quests to get them.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Asmodians

Thanks Trine :)

Leiloni, I know. These armours weren't/won't be omitted, I was planning to put them in "Costume" guide/section as they are rather used only as skins for remodeling. Well yes, technically they are "normal" armours, but I feel they are rather "costumes", so they will be described in costume guide. :)

As for your points.

1. Yes, these armours has same "shape", but as they have different "special effects" so they were divided as separate models. Model 6 has special effect "no glowing out-of-combat/glowing in-combat", model 10 is "no glowing at all", and model 12 is "glowing all the time". So on this basic they are divided.

2. Tbh, not exactly. Model 11 IS different than model 17&18. Maybe it's hard to notice due to small images, but they are (I had both on my Cleric, so I know that I'm talking about, beside I have carefully looked at 3D preview on Aion Database - you can check yourself :) ). Models 17 and 18, has same shape, but as in point 1. they are divided coz one has "glowing" effect and other doesn't and I think it make a difference if you are looking for a skin for remodeling.

3. Model 19 and 21 indeed for Asmo has same skin, but since for Elyos they has different models and coz it was easier for me while making guide to put them this way.
Beside, I've check it carefully on Aion Database, for example crafted asmo Noble Orichalcum chain has same skin as asmo Luminary amor so they should be treated as one model, but in Elyos version these two armors doesn't have same appearance and should be treated as two different models...
The most important thing I've noticed is that, armors models in Aion are divided into "model groups" and most of the time each group (armor x, y, z) on asmo side = same "model group" (armor x, y,z) on elyos side, unfortunately with few exceptions (like asmo a,b,c armor = model 5, but elyos a,b,c armor = a,b model 5 and c model 6 on elyos...)

Hope, I answered few of your concerns, but it may be confusing a little bit, I was doing this project nearly one year and believe me, sometimes it was sooo hard/confusing to find equivalents for both races to compare each "model groups" to show how armors skins progress...
Old 04-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choko - Zikel View Post
Very nice! I see some sets are obtainable through coin quests so my suggestion is too add the type and quantity of coins will be needed and also what coin quests to get them.
Good point, I will try tomorrow add info which coin is required, but since on EN PowerBook you can find a nice guide with list of quests for x coin, I think it would make "fashion show guide" too big and too "filled" with information that ppl could get too much confused.

For nice info which quest you should do to get x coin, check here http://powerwiki.uk.aiononline.com/aion/Coin+Guide :)