Old 04-06-2010, 06:51 AM
Asmodians
Default Manastones for cleric

what manastones do you guys use for a cleric. I just started one and was thinking magic boost and accuracy.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Manastones for cleric

MB and Accuracy = Fail

Maybe MB if you plan on solo grinding alot. Otherwise go HP for PvE or MR for PvP. I use a mix of HP and MR and seems to work fine for me.

But definitely don't go Accuracy
Old 04-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Asmodians

MB and Accuracy = Fail

Maybe MB if you plan on solo grinding alot. Otherwise go HP for PvE or MR for PvP. I use a mix of HP and MR and seems to work fine for me.

But definitely don't go Accuracy
Old 04-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Asmodians

I would say HP and M. Resis as well--although I tend to just stack HP, and find that more useful. And NO to accuracy too.
Although in the beginning, HP alone should be fine. M. Resist/M. boost seem more of a pvp based stones for me (well at least in my perspective, other people might disagree)

I would say also try to make sure you have a lot of concentration on your gears, since that helps you get less interruptions when you heal & getting hit by multiple mobs. This might not seem important because concentration is not labeled under your character's stats--correct me if I'm wrong--but it is very important (at least for pve... and considering you are going to lvl your character, I'm guessing you'll be grouped for the instances that are to come... hence pve.)

For example, I was grouping with a cleric last night for AQ and she goes "YOU GUYS I CAN'T HEAL WHEN I'M GETTING HIT!!!!"... fail. No... if you're a healer you will have to heal even when you're getting hit. (Why do you think healers are "healer tanks"??--healing aggro~) Anyway, when I checked her gears, she had almost no concentration on any of her gears.. she's lvl 41(?) cleric and was wearing lvl 35 gears which means she'll have about +6 con per piece of armor--nothing wrong with wearing lvl 35 gears. You just have to make some changes to other parts of your gear to supplement for that via accessories etc. Since this is a game that is very heavily based on armors etc.

She could've easily gotten more con via another headgear, shield with con, jeweleries with con. (Yes, it is actually hard to find gears with con as their stats, but it is not impossible to find one.) which would've helped her heal even through all those beatings.

Anyway, sorry about the long post >_> but ya that's all!!

>_<;;; good luck lvling!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Elyos

I read very early on that the most important stats for a cleric are HP, M. Res, and Concentration.

I personally have focused on those stats.

I have also read that pre-level 25 (i.e. pre-PVP) HP and MB are ok. The MB will help level up a little faster (faster solo PVE kills). But for group PVE and PVP the other stats are the way to go.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Elyos

ok I am very new to the cleric... so please excuse me. lol

But I would like to hear what other people's opinion is about Physical crit on a Cleric.

Let me explain what happen.. I had the full set of Daevanion gear on my chanter. I had it loaded with Physical crit, to the point my chanter had 400 crit bully buffed. (loved it) But not much you can do against the range classes if you can't get close enough to hit them, right?

Well, My cleric has been a work in progress. okay healer for the most part, but she had trouble solo questing, and pvp.. what a joke. Basically.. my gear sucked!

Well I got bored and moved my Daevanion gear to my cleric just messing around. Holy...cow! I did not change any of the manastones I left them as the crit stones, since I was going to put it back on my chanter. But NOW! Cleric has taken claim to the gear.

my cleric is now a healing beast. 4-man FT with a SIN tanking it. (easy!!) Now the part that has surprising me the most. My magic attacks, they hit and hit hard, but now when a SIN or Glad get me up close and I use my melee attacks.. Yeah! they are going to feel that in the morning! My melee attacks now have a serious bite to them. I am level 35 and dueled a level 45 glad. (just for practice and see how I would stand up too his attacks.) Well... after a very long fight, yes he won. But here is what I noticed... My magic spells where resisted (I am going to assume due to the level difference) but my melee attacks.. Now, they hit & critted like everything. I was able to do some major damage to him, 1/2 health.

So.. I would love to hear from others.. would it be better for me to change out my stones for something else. Please take a look at my toon I welcome any advice. Crystena on Vaizel

also note I have the Daevanion staff and the FT gold Staff. I will be changing the Daevanion staff out to the shield, and will be using the Hannet's mace.

Currently Running with the FT Gold Staff (just be cause I have it LOL)
Old 04-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Elyos

Advice before you hit 50 and/or 8k HP unbuffed:

Stack HP after 25-30, but keep an older set on hand if you like and stack it with MBoost for PvE (but watch it in the Abyss, get an armor switching macro or go +HP only in the Abyss). If you are in Daevanion (or anything else), stack HP on it-- the best stones you can afford, and swap in gold ones when they drop or when you buy them. If you do this, you will become a beast, almost nothing in PVP will be able to burst you down. This should last you until level 50, so you can run every instance for gear, or work toward AP, without too much pressure. You will at the very least save a ton of kinah.

Get the Daeva mace and shield if you have the armor. The mace will last until Xeno, the shield until 50. The attack speed on the mace will speed up your animations, and the +HP boost on both will just add that much more.

MBoost is generally a PvE stat for Cleric: what determines how long you'll last, pre-50, is mostly a ginormous HP pool. MBoost is good for soloing.

AFTER 50, you want to do this: Either stick with +HP, and/or start adding MRes stones once you get past that 8k unbuffed HP. Ideally, you will be going for your Miragent set-- when you have that, start slotting in +Mres.

As this helps mostly against magic classes, and you want to also last against Melee, it's strongly suggested to stack +HP on another set-- Anuhart, whatever, anything that also makes your HP mighty and large. Then, switch between the two: huge HP pool (it can get up to 14000) for non-magic classes, lots of mres against casters. If you can afford a third set, +mboost for solo PvE.

In full Mercy at 50 (it truly does last that long for Clerics, but needs to be replaced) I had about 9k HP. This was good against melee, but it started to hurt against well-geared casters, and against duos with magic-based CC I was in trouble: I didn't resist anything. One on one I still did ok. (You'll notice that my kill count is not spectacular: this isn't because I lose fights, but because I don't gank lowbies and because later on, everything just ran.)

I start switching out +conc accessories for +MBoost if I find myself not getting interrupted that much. If you get too many resists, then go for +magical accuracy stones. Interruptions, back to +conc.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Elyos

Wow - thank you Amadaeo. That's helps me a lot to understand this class better. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadaeo - Kaisinel View Post
Advice before you hit 50 and/or 8k HP unbuffed:

Stack HP after 25-30, but keep an older set on hand if you like and stack it with MBoost for PvE (but watch it in the Abyss, get an armor switching macro or go +HP only in the Abyss). If you are in Daevanion (or anything else), stack HP on it-- the best stones you can afford, and swap in gold ones when they drop or when you buy them. If you do this, you will become a beast, almost nothing in PVP will be able to burst you down. This should last you until level 50, so you can run every instance for gear, or work toward AP, without too much pressure. You will at the very least save a ton of kinah.

Get the Daeva mace and shield if you have the armor. The mace will last until Xeno, the shield until 50. The attack speed on the mace will speed up your animations, and the +HP boost on both will just add that much more.

MBoost is generally a PvE stat for Cleric: what determines how long you'll last, pre-50, is mostly a ginormous HP pool. MBoost is good for soloing.

AFTER 50, you want to do this: Either stick with +HP, and/or start adding MRes stones once you get past that 8k unbuffed HP. Ideally, you will be going for your Miragent set-- when you have that, start slotting in +Mres.

As this helps mostly against magic classes, and you want to also last against Melee, it's strongly suggested to stack +HP on another set-- Anuhart, whatever, anything that also makes your HP mighty and large. Then, switch between the two: huge HP pool (it can get up to 14000) for non-magic classes, lots of mres against casters. If you can afford a third set, +mboost for solo PvE.

In full Mercy at 50 (it truly does last that long for Clerics, but needs to be replaced) I had about 9k HP. This was good against melee, but it started to hurt against well-geared casters, and against duos with magic-based CC I was in trouble: I didn't resist anything. One on one I still did ok. (You'll notice that my kill count is not spectacular: this isn't because I lose fights, but because I don't gank lowbies and because later on, everything just ran.)
Old 04-07-2010, 04:47 AM
Elyos

I have a full Miragents set and have socketed it with MR, that gives me about 8.5k HP and 1750 MR

I find I am able to resist most things but there are a few people starting to stack full MA just to counter me, but I know who they are and alter my play style accordingly. The only class which can get his on me 100% of the time would be a sorc when they use that 1000+ MA skill but just run away/ kite when you know they have it up and let them waste it.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassamin - Vaizel View Post
ok I am very new to the cleric... so please excuse me. lol

But I would like to hear what other people's opinion is about Physical crit on a Cleric.

Let me explain what happen.. I had the full set of Daevanion gear on my chanter. I had it loaded with Physical crit, to the point my chanter had 400 crit bully buffed. (loved it) But not much you can do against the range classes if you can't get close enough to hit them, right?

Well, My cleric has been a work in progress. okay healer for the most part, but she had trouble solo questing, and pvp.. what a joke. Basically.. my gear sucked!

Well I got bored and moved my Daevanion gear to my cleric just messing around. Holy...cow! I did not change any of the manastones I left them as the crit stones, since I was going to put it back on my chanter. But NOW! Cleric has taken claim to the gear.

my cleric is now a healing beast. 4-man FT with a SIN tanking it. (easy!!) Now the part that has surprising me the most. My magic attacks, they hit and hit hard, but now when a SIN or Glad get me up close and I use my melee attacks.. Yeah! they are going to feel that in the morning! My melee attacks now have a serious bite to them. I am level 35 and dueled a level 45 glad. (just for practice and see how I would stand up too his attacks.) Well... after a very long fight, yes he won. But here is what I noticed... My magic spells where resisted (I am going to assume due to the level difference) but my melee attacks.. Now, they hit & critted like everything. I was able to do some major damage to him, 1/2 health.

So.. I would love to hear from others.. would it be better for me to change out my stones for something else. Please take a look at my toon I welcome any advice. Crystena on Vaizel

also note I have the Daevanion staff and the FT gold Staff. I will be changing the Daevanion staff out to the shield, and will be using the Hannet's mace.

Currently Running with the FT Gold Staff (just be cause I have it LOL)
The best thing for a Cleric to stack is HP. Your job is to stay alive, so that you can keep your party alive. This goes for pve or larger-scale pvp (ie. not rifting/ganking/soloing). If you want to hit things with a weapon play an assassin or tank. Once you get to a higher level, you might want to think about MR, so save those up. A lvl 50 cleric with some MR is very hard to hit (with magic) ;)