Old 05-15-2011, 05:17 AM
Elyos
Default Download client, not working for me.

I'm attempting to re-install Aion on a newly built machine. I get the little aion.exe file to download the client. The first time I tried this it worked and it was actually downloading. But windows update rebooted my machine before the client got above 0%. Ever since then the aion.exe downloader just sits there at 0% and does not attempt any connections any longer. I let it run all day and all night and it's really not doing anything.

What could be the matter? I have BITS running, I deleted the aion.exe file many times and got it again, but still not downloading anything. Stays at 0%.
What can I change or update to make it start working again? What is an alternate way to get this rolling?
Old 05-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Download client, not working for me.

thought I'd update my own post. I figured out why the aion.exe file was not downloading the launcher. .NET framework 4 does not work with aion on XP. It seems to be ok on my windows 7 machine because I checked and it's running framework 4. I removed .NET 4 from the xp box then installed .NET 2 and the aion.exe is working fine now, downloaded the launcher and is now installing aion.

I suspected the .NET compatibility issue because I saw someone post about how upgrading to .NET 4 had nuked him/her from playing... well not right away. I tried to run aion.exe as administrator and it paused at the start and the title bar said (installing .net 2, 1 of 3) for only a second, so at least I knew it was aware of the .NET version. Put that together with the forum post and it gave me something to try, and fix it myself.

The papers on .NET 4 say that it is backward compatible with all previous .NET versions. So we have a stalemate, is NCSoft right or is Microsoft right?
Old 05-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutchoo - Vaizel View Post
The papers on .NET 4 say that it is backward compatible with all previous .NET versions. So we have a stalemate, is NCSoft right or is Microsoft right?
It's backward compatible, but that doesn't mean it contains all of the components of the previous versions. Can you run the NCsoft Launcher on your XP system? I believe it requires .NET 2.0.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustardayonnaise - Vaizel View Post
It's backward compatible, but that doesn't mean it contains all of the components of the previous versions. Can you run the NCsoft Launcher on your XP system? I believe it requires .NET 2.0.
Yes, .net 2.0 is what made it work. then I had a stealth update last night which stepped up to .net 3.5. The game ran but started crashing with my radeon HD4250. so I put in my radeon x1300 and aion is stable again.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Elyos

same here man.
I am having trouble installing the game it just says "cannot find the path"
or something like that.

anyone know how to fix this? i've been installing all day and I just subscribed...
Old 05-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Elyos

I lowered down my UAC.

It got to 100% on update then there was a message that says
cannot open that is already...

Now im downloading again omg!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Asmodians

fun fact. win 7 already comes with .net 4 , .net 3.5 can fix all issues that would be had because it supports all the .net 2 .dll issues. i personally have all the .net versions but thats because i program in the .net language to make a living.

my problem is actually that the stupid ncsoft launcher downloaded patch 2.5 and then decided to download it again.....