Old 05-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Elyos
Default 64-Bit Client How To

Sigh never ceases to amaze me I addressed this issue with PTS and was told it was being looked into but for some reason there is still no internal way to set the client to 64-bit.

What they aught to do is have the Launcher/Client ask you when you load it for the first time which one you want to run.
"Windows XP/7 x64 detected would you like to run Aion in 64-bit mode?"

Okay till then this is a easy way to run Aion in 64-bit.

This is the safe way meaning no editing xml files no "possibility" getting banned lol.

So here we go..

1.) Go to your Install Directory normally C:\Program Files (x86)\NCsoft\Aion

2.) "Right-Click" on the bin32 folder and Select "Rename" then rename the folder to bin32.bak or anything else you prefer.

3.) "Right-Click" on the "bin64" select "Rename" and rename the folder to bin32

4.) Launch the game like you normally do and you will be running in 64-bit.

(This is the easiest and fastest way, no need to copy/paste anything)

Edit:
--
Apparently there is a new build of the 64-bit client coming your way as soon or at least until NCWest gets a hold of it they're waiting on it.
The new build addresses some issues(would be nice to know what issues) and when it becomes available they will post a link for the new client download.

But till then you can still run the game in 64-bit mode using this method however any issues revolving around the current 64-bit client you'll probably get a response "Wait until we release the official build" and then we can learn what issues that one will have too =P

Last mashed by Terza - Siel; 05-25-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Elyos
Default Re: 64-Bit Client How To

They've posted a few times that the 64bit client will not be supported on 2.5 launch. There are some technical issues with it, so running the 64bit client at this time might become problematic for some.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Elyos

They posted that it wouldn't be supported on the 2.5 PTS launch never seen anything official on Live version, personally don't see what issues that would have with it especially since it's been running flawless for the past 2 weeks on PTS and months on the Korean clients for me and many others.

What they have been having problems with is with the Graphics Engine mainly lighting and Shadows oh and Outline Correction ( a new form of AA).
Old 05-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terza - Siel View Post
They posted that it wouldn't be supported on the 2.5 PTS launch never seen anything official on Live version, personally don't see what issues that would have with it especially since it's been running flawless for the past 2 weeks on PTS and months on the Korean clients for me and many others.

What they have been having problems with is with the Graphics Engine mainly lighting and Shadows oh and Outline Correction ( a new form of AA).
maybe if you read a little they OFFICIALLY said there be another patch soon with the 64bit client of AION since there some issues with it thus why it didnt go live yet
Old 05-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Elyos

Hmm, didn't see it posted anywhere either way you can 64-bit like this till they do.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Elyos

I've been looking for some posts that could possibly help me since NCsoft is gone for the day =(

I have a 64 bit system Windows 7 and I keep getting the following error:

Aion Gameclient OTCBuildClient32_woGG has stopped working

Did the repair, restarted PC and launcher, did the file rename as mentioned in this post.... still nothing. Anyone else having similiar issues? or any advice other then taking the PC to the back yard and shooting it?
Old 05-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terza - Siel View Post
Hmm, didn't see it posted anywhere either way you can 64-bit like this till they do.
It was in the thread "I don't see any information regarding 64-bit" where Phenteo stated the client was not stable and so was not activated in the initial 2.5 launch.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Asmodians

Jonathan - I have been getting the same error. Many chars and objects have (null) around them, and the game crashes every time i try to turn in a Q to a guy they made changes too. i.e. Crucible Q guy and Mira.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan - Vaizel View Post
I've been looking for some posts that could possibly help me since NCsoft is gone for the day =(

Did the repair, restarted PC and launcher, did the file rename as mentioned in this post.... still nothing. Anyone else having similiar issues? or any advice other then taking the PC to the back yard and shooting it?
If you are trying to launch the 64-bit client, you have done something wrong, my guess is mixed the 32-bit and 64-bit files somehow. This seems to be similar to problems reported on the PTS by players who renamed the folders to try 64-bit when they pushed 2.5.0.3 and it replaced the 64-bit files in the folder renamed from bin64 to bin32 with 32-bit ones. Hopefully you still have copies of the original bin32 and bin64 folders you can use to reset things they way they should be. If not, rename both folders to xxx.bak then do the repair and let the patcher recreate those two folders. Then see if the game works in 32-bit before trying to trick it into using the 64-bit client.

On the other hand, if this happened while playing before you renamed anything, then I am not sure what is causing it. I have no problems on Win 7 64-bit Pro with either client.

Last mashed by Mychel - Israphel; 05-25-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan - Vaizel View Post

Wipe out your bin32 folder (copy elsewhere) then start a repair
Make sure to start everything as admin...
The patcher/repair tool will copy fresh new files for you.

Last mashed by Tsumetai - Israphel; 05-25-2011 at 05:16 PM.