Old 05-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Elyos
Default total size of AION after 2.5 on hard drive is 31GB?

I run the game on windows vista via a bootcamp partition from my macbook pro. I only have 50 GB of total space including windows. With the new 2.5 patch, the download is giving me a "not enough hard drive space" error.

I looked at The total size of AION is 27GB with another 4 GB worth of files yet to be downloaded...can this be accurate? on the box the system requirments ask for 15GB. Is it really over a 30GB Game or do i have duplicate aion files somewhere? is there a way to free up any aion files i may not need?

I have removed everything else possible not needed to run windows.

Unfortunatly, I have played the game since launch out fear my aion days are over due to the enormous size. Allocating more space is not an option because i would have to wipe the mac side too and start over.

any help would be appreciated
Old 05-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: total size of AION after 2.5 on hard drive is 31GB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SepetusKS - Vaizel View Post
I run the game on windows vista via a bootcamp partition from my macbook pro. I only have 50 GB of total space including windows. With the new 2.5 patch, the download is giving me a "not enough hard drive space" error.

I looked at The total size of AION is 27GB with another 4 GB worth of files yet to be downloaded...can this be accurate? on the box the system requirments ask for 15GB. Is it really over a 30GB Game or do i have duplicate aion files somewhere? is there a way to free up any aion files i may not need?

I have removed everything else possible not needed to run windows.

Unfortunatly, I have played the game since launch out fear my aion days are over due to the enormous size. Allocating more space is not an option because i would have to wipe the mac side too and start over.

any help would be appreciated
i had the same issue you did. i ended up having to install it on a portable hard drive & run it from there. the worst was that i had 5 gigs or so available on the harddrive so i was expecting to have enough for the update...not so. :|

♥aion blog ~ mysassykirby.tumblr.com ~ twitter.com/aioncodexx♥
Old 05-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Elyos
Default Re: total size of AION after 2.5 on hard drive is 31GB?

You may want to look for duplicate files...that does seem a bit high.

However since theirs been a full expansion + several major updates were looking at increased data size's. You can't add in new gear, new quests and the like without increasing the amount of data its going to eat up on your computer.

Unfortunatly with a ever-changing game like aion and other MMO's there isn't anyway to really quantify how much disk space your going to need in the future.

When I stopped playing FFXI after 4years it was over 10GB... which is 2.5x the 4ish GB it needed when I started playing.