Old 05-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Elyos
Default Client Errors and Crashes Possible Fix

I would say about 90% of the time it's your drivers that cause a game to either not run at all or crash your system.

Other anomalies include odd things like HOM (Hall Of Mirrors) effects , tearing, wild colors etc..

The problem is today most Game developers simply say "Make sure you update to the newest Video Card Drivers". This is all well and good most of the time this works for the average user, however after time some of the older drivers and newer drivers get corrupted and it can cause some pretty nasty out comes.

One of the things I do whenever they're is new Drivers available for my Video Card is yank everything to do with the old drivers pretty much making it like a fresh install of "Windows" then install the new ones.

With that being said see below,

Video Card Drivers Links:

Nvidia

AMD (ATI)

Sometimes Drivers get corrupted or a mixed up install check this program out:
Guru3D explains what it is here: Description

Get Newest Version Here: Driver Sweeper

Edit:

Okay people it may be a good idea to read the change log on some of the newer driver sets especially since when this game was made and it's engine was like 4-6 generations ago in GPU land lol.

I never heard of drivers damaging hardware unless you forced installed the wrong drivers "maybe" it may occur. Physically changing timing and voltage settings will produce such events when pushed Above normal levels.

I would also like to point out sometimes you don't need to UPDATE the driver but rather just re-install the current ones as overtime they may have become corrupted especially with all the 3rd party cleaners out there today.

Quote:
Edit:
Just like to point out this isn't a fix all solution normally when there is a driver issue it will drop you to desktop immediately unless there is some heat issues or some new texture being rendered on a certain zone.

Drivers when they crash hard you can expect a BSOD however this can be allot of things as well. Common BSOD Driver corruption , incorrect drivers all together (Not just talking about Video card drivers either) , voltage issues, heat issues (check to make sure your pc isn't caked with dust) and timing(Over Clocking) issues so if you changed something on your card as far speed or something in bios revert if you haven't already.

Other than those obvious issues to do with your hardware and their drivers anything else that is crashing your game comes down to one thing your operating system environment either the install of the game it self is corrupted or something in the OS is and is creating a conflict or sending something into infinite loop "Crash".

It's hard for tech. support and developers to account for every driver and definitely every type of physical hardware out there as well as the drivers installed to run them so while it might not be your video drivers it can be number of things causing a problem especially in Windows lol.

I see allot of people posting they re installed windows to get the game to work lol besides that it's insane to come to such extreme lengths to get game to run and it's ridiculousness you have to ask yourself a questions. "Hmm it runs now after a fresh install why? I didn't install new hardware.. or change anything in my bios etc..."

So with that said it's obvious it's software related and it wasn't the game that was the problem because it would re-exist after a fresh install and if that's the case it's mostly like the game if not then beyond a shadow of a doubt it's your OS environment that was the problem.

Last edited by Terza - Siel; 04-24-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Client Errors and Crashes Possible Fix

Well...did that, and no luck. (Nvidia GTX460)
Still getting 'same folder' error during install....continuously.
Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenaiier - Israphel View Post
Well...did that, and no luck. (Nvidia GTX460)
Still getting 'same folder' error during install....continuously.
Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless.
Are you talking about installing the drivers? If yes what folder are you referring to and what is it trying to put in that folder? You also may want to run the installer as a Administrator .

If your talking about the Aion Client Install see below:

I would imagine the driver fix wouldn't fix a "Install" error mainly because your video card drivers have almost nothing to do with a install of the game.

This fix was put forth for users trying to load and render the game resulting in a crash, poor performance, and/or rendering anomalies.

Now as far as your problem which is an install error not sure if your patching Aion , repairing or anything else. (Also might need to run the Launcher as a Administrator)

But you can try a few couple of things you can go to where Aion is installed look for the version.ini file and change it to:

[Settings]
Version=2.0.0.0

Then try to updating it once more.

Alternatively try downloading the full client and installing it:

Gamershell

Fileplanet

Network Administrator
UTGames.com 2000-2002
UTChat.com (WorldGamers.Net) 2002-2009
Old 04-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Asmodians

hey i have been getting that OTCbin32 error i did the driver sweeper you had now updateing my driver from your link,also tho everytime i try to run admin on launcher it says denid? could you help on this i dunno much about comps :(
Old 04-12-2012, 06:40 AM
Asmodians

after doing your stuff now it cant find the graphic prefrence?? help???
Old 04-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Asmodians

Erase the bin32 and Data folders and Repair :D
Old 04-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Asmodians

Just a note on the graphic driver updates, specially for ATI ones. Tried it and it made my entire computer shutdown and may have damaged my graphics card. Be careful.
I'd say if your having any errors while running the game (specially 3.0) or have it crashing every so often try reversing to an earlier patch and redownload it, the patch files may have been corrupted and it may be what is causing the crash.

----

Please browse to your Aion folder (default: C:\Program Files\NCsoft\Aion) and open the version.ini file (open with notepad) that resides in that folder.
Please change it to say:

[Settings]
Version=2.7.0.0

Save the file, close it, and try launching the game again. The latest patch will be downloaded and re-applied.

and/or

downloading the Ncsoft launcher .exe file from here

and then upon opening the downloaded file have it run the repair option (not sure if this helps but I do it whenever the launcher gets laggy or freezes constantly)

If your having problems finishing the download for the Aion client try here http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/s...ad.php?t=81067

Heres a link for other possible fixes to crashes and errors that cause crashes http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/s...ad.php?t=30993

If you still experience any issues, please submit a support ticket at the NCsoft Support Website: http://help.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/ncsof...nduser/ask.php

Last edited by Reirey - Tiamat; 04-12-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleido - Israphel View Post
Erase the bin32 and Data folders and Repair :D
Careful of where you put the folders when you delete since sometimes it decides it doesn't want to repair and you won't be able to get them back.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:46 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrel - Siel View Post
I would say about 90% of the time it's your drivers that cause a game to either not run at all or crash your system.

Other anomalies include odd things like HOM (Hall Of Mirrors) effects , tearing, wild colors etc..

The problem is today most Game developers simply say "Make sure you update to the newest Video Card Drivers". This is all well and good most of the time this works for the average user, however after time some of the older drivers and newer drivers get corrupted and it can cause some pretty nasty out comes.

One of the things I do whenever they're is new Drivers available for my Video Card is yank everything to do with the old drivers pretty much making it like a fresh install of "Windows" then install the new ones.

With that being said see below,

Video Card Drivers Links:

Nvidia

AMD (ATI)

Sometimes Drivers get corrupted or a mixed up install check this program out:
Guru3D explains what it is here: Description

Get Newest Version Here: Driver Sweeper
Just a fair warning: do not use the latests Nvidia drivers for the GTX 460, 470, 480, or for the 2XX series cards. They implemented some voltage restrictions that will gimp your cards. Roll back your drivers to 295 if you can, because they work, and work well, whereas 296 has some issues with older cards and soft crashing.
AMD Phenom2 945 C3 @ 3.4ghz, Zalman CNPS 9500A, 92MM all copper CPU cooler, Asus M4N98TD EVO AMD mobo, 8GB DDR3 1600, 2x Nvidia GTX 460 1GB (SLI enabled), 2x500GB WD 7200RPM HDDs, BFGtech EX series 1000w modular PSU, All stuffed into an Antec300 illusion with 5 fans, and shown on a 21.5in 1920x1080 2MS GtG Acer monitor, and used with a Lycosa and an MX518. My house is also fed with a charter ultra100 connection. Am I crazy?
Old 04-14-2012, 05:47 AM
Elyos

Yea guys I posted this last year pay attention to post dates lol I just loaded up Aion for the first time since last year =P

As far as drivers go you mainly have to worry about left behind files from previous driver versions or corrupted ones.
ATI is more of a pain when it comes to drivers but have been allot better than in previous years or decades I should say lol.

Raevin: For a more comprehensive look at ATI drivers check this site out.
http://benchmark3d.com/
Here is a guid on how to remove problematic drivers as well.
http://benchmark3d.com/how-to-comple...ove-any-driver

Network Administrator
UTGames.com 2000-2002
UTChat.com (WorldGamers.Net) 2002-2009