Old 06-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Asmodians
Default Mentor/Powerleveling

TL;DR IN RED

First off, people are gonna say they are against it, they think its bad, they think its the worst thing possible, and that it shouldn't be allowed.

If you can't find any good reason/scenario to justify this, then think of this: Your friend has an Elyos on one server. You want him to join your server, but he's Asmodian. He knows his current class, and wants to keep playing it. The fastest way for him to join you is to level him by mentoring. He gets to the endgame faster and doesn't need to worry about not learning "his class" since he already has.

With that said, I wanna know tactics, speed runs, and what people found as the fastest/best way to mentor level somebody. I was using a 50 glad.

Levels 1-9.
Far West side of Ishgalen. At the mau area where Rae is. Clearing the tunnel, then the cave, change channel, then reverse your steps from the tunnel to the beginning of the cave where the npc is that you talk to for Rae.

Levels 10-20.
From 10-13 I chose to do the lepharist spot in Altgard at that cave. Clearing the campment beside the cave where the wagon is and then clearing everything up to and in the cave. Getting to 13 was fast and easy.

From 13-20 was BC. Started at the front of BC and made the way all the way through and into the tree. By the time we reached the tree. Maybe it would've been easier to start at the tree I don't know.

**There is a quest that turns the person into a Mau and lasts for 3 minutes. This may be an easy way to get the person to go directly to the tree. Don't know. Didn't care nor was it needed.**

At the tree we tarted in the hallway just before the opening up top. Here I was glad that I had the AOE drain equipped and Severe Precision Cut, but Ankle Snare should've been swapped out for either Draining Blow or IS. At first I cleared the top in 1/4s. The side to my left first, then the side where the boss spawns, then the back right corner, and then the front right corner. All those directions are facing the boss spawn point after going up the ramp.

Once all that is cleared go back in the tunnel, change channels, and then repeat. After a while I got brave and tried to pull half the room. I survived, it went faster, but it was scary cause I almost died. AOE drain helped lots. If SM pets AOE explosion doesn't have a limit then that'd be faster. From 18-20 the mentored person was getting about 8 bubbles per clear of the tree. This was done without Energy of Repose nor a Lodus.

1-20 total time: 2.5 hours

Past 20: Haven't tried it yet since I was sleepy, but if people have done so what works well here.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Mentor/Powerleveling

30-40 in Fire Temple. I know that seems like a "No nyerk" thing, but with a mentor you can get almost a level a run and then once the xp lowers it's still like a level every 4-5 runs... which still only take about a half hour ea. Not that bad, imo.

Once I hit 40 I had a friend run me through SR Mid. Good experience, but I'd say just grind the 44 elites in Azo for xp. You get like 500k a kill and they drop a bunch of whites/golds.

All pictures of Kalamari had to be removed due to exceeding nakedness.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:36 AM
Asmodians

That leaves the 20 to 30 gap. Not sure how fairy land works, but in Morheim there's a level 24~ elite place. It may be faster to just grab the "kill X" quests and massacre everything in sight.

I suppose it'd be a good start to do the new campaigns at 20 until you can't get anymore, and just slaughter everything at the campaign spot until the person levels. Turn in and pick up the next. When its a gap to the next campaign hit the elites until 25. At 25 Its NTC and quick quests until 30. Level 30 does sound like a good time to do FT, but I think it'd be much better to mix in the lower forts into the mix. The person would get high value repeatables and AP at the same time.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Asmodians

This is the faster alternative to craft levelling, which takes forever. But if you manage to get a character up to 399, the experience gain is usually roughly enough, with repose and lodas, to get a character from 10-26. Maybe 7 levels if you start at 20.

The fastest way from 20 with a mentor would possibly be to continue farming the BC elites. That, or move onto Taran's Cave or its Elyos equivalent (or do this at 22 for an upgrade to better experience). Shift from there to Ice Claw Village at 25 and tear apart the most hated Asmodian levelling content in the game for a couple of hours, and you should manage 30.

Untested, but in theory, seems sound.

A legacy of dreams and gossamer chains, subtle as sin and blatant as idiocy...
Old 06-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Asmodians

1-10 - Takes no time anyway, so I wouldn't bother.

10-15 - Mumu areas on the east side of Altgard

15-20 - Black Claw Elites

20-25 - Taran's Cavern

25-30 - Ice Claw

30-35 - Fire Temple and/or area around Sky Temple (do Three Keys :P )

34-40 - Mist Mane

40-45 - Steel Rake

45-50 - Adma

50-55 - Udas

You could stretch these a bit, starting earlier or staying for an extra level or two. And before anyone points out that "you cannot mentor past 45", you can.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Asmodians

When Steel Rake is on cooldown I'd go to Alukina's and kill elites there. They are levels 44 and 45.

And I think adding Esoterace to Udas would be good. Especially Eso first since Udas is level 51 and up. And when those are on cooldown it'd be the elites on the top right corner in zone 1. Its a protected area so no risk of dying. By that point, though, I'd hope the person I'm power leveling would be fine on his own.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:07 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selveen - Israphel View Post
When Steel Rake is on cooldown I'd go to Alukina's and kill elites there. They are levels 44 and 45.

And I think adding Esoterace to Udas would be good. Especially Eso first since Udas is level 51 and up. And when those are on cooldown it'd be the elites on the top right corner in zone 1. Its a protected area so no risk of dying. By that point, though, I'd hope the person I'm power leveling would be fine on his own.
I don't remember what SR's current cooldown is. But running all three levels for XP could take quite some time. Good call on Esoterrace, I forgot it's 50+ and Udas being 51+. I also forgot about them Owls.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Elyos

I am doing some mild PLing for a friend.

For the 20 - 30 gap(elyos side sorry, only side I play):
Elites Kralls untill 23 ish
-22 -24 need to do that haramel instance (verteron)
-25 ntc runs
- from 27 kaiden mines elites until 32 (eltnen)
- 32 + elites in eracus temple
- 37 ish lephariste (can be up to 43+)
- 39 KHQ
Old 06-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrielle - Israphel View Post
I am doing some mild PLing for a friend.

For the 20 - 30 gap(elyos side sorry, only side I play):
Elites Kralls untill 23 ish
-22 -24 need to do that haramel instance (verteron)
-25 ntc runs
- from 27 kaiden mines elites until 32 (eltnen)
- 32 + elites in eracus temple
- 37 ish lephariste (can be up to 43+)
- 39 KHQ

Your Kaiden Mines is the Asmodian Ice Claw.

Your Eracus is the Asmodian Sky Temple.

Lepharists are the same. We have our own camp. I think your Himilden is much easier to get to, though.

And KHQ is the same as the Asmodian MM.

Question, though, what do you plan on doing between Haramel runs?
Old 06-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selveen - Israphel View Post

Question, though, what do you plan on doing between Haramel runs?[/COLOR]
I don't know what he did I left him once at 23 - 24 and he got back at 25. But I think I remember that I stuck with the krall elite untill I could go in the abyss while I was leveling an sm, but it shouldn't be a problem really.

Now we tried the Ice claw at 28. 69K xp a kill ranging to 78K, he got a level in 30 min or less. I am sure you can get way more by just simply reminding your friend to use lodas ( making a note near my screen :P)...