Old 08-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Asmodians
Default Advice Needed with possibly twinking a new Temp

So this is not my first rodeo when it comes to MMO's. I have always been a tanking class in previous games i've played, however this time around I wanted a change and rolled a sorc. Now a month into my sorc, i realized that being a glass cannon can be fun at times, but having less than 5k hp is kind of heartbreaking. i miss being a tank and want to make a temp. However, I am new to this whole "twinking" strategy with alt toons so I would love to hear from any experienced players and/or temps out there.

1.) Can i property fund my twink with a 50~ sorc even if my sorc isnt fully geared? If so how could I do so? (also as a side note, i have only been playing for roughly a month, so no vet rewards)

2.) My current plan is to save up for a coin set armor and +10 those using my sorc until i get the 30/40e set for my temp. Is this a good option?

3.) What level would be best for my Temp to twink at? And should I be going for the 30e set or 40e set?

4.) Everyone has been saying put crit in all sockets at beginning levels. Is this true even up through my coin set and 30/40e set?

5.) I plan on using a GS until i hit the 30 or 40 mark, whichever I figure out is best for me to stay in my current situation. With that said, would I need to have a mace/shield as well?

Any additional advice for a new temp or in regards of twinking would be well appreciated.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:29 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Advice Needed with possibly twinking a new Temp

you can fund the twink but it will cost a lot.at least 20m depending on your server,medal access,manastone and enchantment stone prices
Old 08-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticonami - Vaizel View Post
1.) Can i property fund my twink with a 50~ sorc even if my sorc isnt fully geared? If so how could I do so? (also as a side note, i have only been playing for roughly a month, so no vet rewards)

2.) My current plan is to save up for a coin set armor and +10 those using my sorc until i get the 30/40e set for my temp. Is this a good option?

3.) What level would be best for my Temp to twink at? And should I be going for the 30e set or 40e set?

4.) Everyone has been saying put crit in all sockets at beginning levels. Is this true even up through my coin set and 30/40e set?

5.) I plan on using a GS until i hit the 30 or 40 mark, whichever I figure out is best for me to stay in my current situation. With that said, would I need to have a mace/shield as well?

Any additional advice for a new temp or in regards of twinking would be well appreciated.
1) Yes you can, all you need is a good source of income, since your a sorc you have plenty of options. You can farm udas for kinah and sell L/Rs for example or craft your away up.

2) 30e and 40e are both good sets, 40e is more of a permanent solution if you don't feel like farming a second set. However 30e is a very good set to enchant because of the lower level and for me I'm using my 30e as a stepping stone for 50e. Also I never really used the coin set of my templar, instead I used the L25 golds and +10 it until I got a piece of 30e or a cheap piece of grand chieftain armor (don't know elyos equivalent) for very cheap.

3) The best level not to twink at for a temple IMO is L40 since you get access to Ironskin (Love that skill for taking 1v3+ or taking down higher level people)

4) Crit is your life if your twinking, you want to hit atleast 440 soft cap since your greatsword has the ability to KD people which leads up to a break power proc. Also you need crit for your burst since crits on your greatsword are 2.0x(? don't remember) the usual damage.

5) This is where templars become an expensive class to twink compared to others. You NEED a 1h/shield set for pvp and twinking, usually I set on my mace/shield set when running around since I get a chance to block damage from any of the mobs I run past and any melee that tries and jump me and switch to my GS when I burst.

Your best choice at 40 for a GS would be Sandukas (sp?) Greatsword or the 40 Balic combined with a pvp. Also depending on how you feel like going you want to get Weapon > Accessories > Armor but seeing how you don't have any vet rewards you would want to get your accessories first since saving up for the weapon will be a little painful.

If you want to see my templar twink just look up Seropth, it's a working progress about 4 weeks in the making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urtv - Zikel View Post
you can fund the twink but it will cost a lot.at least 20m depending on your server,medal access,manastone and enchantment stone prices
20m won't even come close to what you spend at the low end for twinking.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Elyos

you can if you got a lot of luck.grind low level mobs for manastones and keep making your own crit13s.farm your own medals.use the high level char to run instances for gear and de them for stones.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urtv - Zikel View Post
you can if you got a lot of luck.grind low level mobs for manastones and keep making your own crit13s.farm your own medals.use the high level char to run instances for gear and de them for stones.
Depends on how patient he is, farming the mats/medals/manastones/enchant stones takes a while depending on how quickly you can get stuff done. Each piece of ap armor he's going to get will be about 10 - 40 stones just to socket and grinding those stones is a nightmare.

Edit: Also depending on your ap gain farming medals is not always an option.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Asmodians

Go 30e. I'd probably be so much further along if I went for that instead of 40e. I have no vet rewards and I'm currently 60,000 away from my second piece without any PvP damage to help me in PvP. Haha, get 30e ;) Less of course you have all lower forts and have someone willing to run you everytime they are available. That will help a lot.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Asmodians

Thank you for the advice guys. However, ive run into another problem. Im trying to weigh out which armor to get prior to the 30e set to +10. As of now its either the L25 Gold Departed Soul set or the L30 Celestial set.

I am torn between the two because the L25 set has parry, is cheaper to +10 using stones, but prices on broker are surprisingly a bit higher than L30.

The L30 set has block, more expensive to +10, has slightly better stats, and has some pieces cheaper than L25.

Or should I just mix the two and get the cheapest combination of both?
Old 08-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Elyos

IMO, if it's between the two sets I would go for the 30 golds since they have block. You'll get more damage mitigation out of block than you would parry. However, neither will be that great unless you're stacking that stat. It also depends what you're fighting with the majority of the time (generally it's parry=GS, block=s/b) BUT, if you're going to be fighting with a GS (which I would recommend for the extra damage), I'd just stack crit in your gear til 440 (or higher) and then worry about stacking something else (attack/accuracy). Another option for you to look at is the 33 expert crafted blue gear. The stats are still good and they tend to be pretty cheap since not a whole lot of people want blues for their twink. A lot of people buy the gold boots/gloves for added attack speed/run speed (which you will want) and then buy blue chest/shoulders/pants. This might be a good set for you to go for while you're working towards your 30e which is really cheap and easy and a great starter set for you if your intention is to pvp. Also, they tend to be cheaper than the 25-30 golds, at least on Israphel.
Luciferia mentioned saendukal's greatsword as an option for you. That is a good GS but if you can find a Heaven Shattering Blade, that will be very good as well for a top combine for a 30e/40e greatsword.