Old 08-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Elyos
Default Advanced Animation Canceling / Slide Shot

Now I'm not sure if people have found this out yet, I personally accidentally learned this thinking I was actually "jump shooting" (yes I was terribad back then). I'm sure people have done this on accident, but I'm giving a full-out explanation as best as I can.

(Note: Gladiator AOE / Knockdown is shown at the very end of this video)

How this Advanced Animation Canceling works is you AAC (Attack Animation Cancel) into a skill and jump shot that skill.

Jump shooting is.. let's say...

1 is stunning shot

You jump and wait until your character is falling down and you press 1 to "jump shot" stunning shot.

This method of "jump shot" is I guess we'll call it Baby Slide Shot.

1 is stunning shot

You auto attack and in the middle of that, you cancel the auto attacking by using a skill and jumping at the same time. This creates a jump + skill effect.

One way to know if you're close to getting slide shot off is your character's animation glitches in the middle of a jump and you use the skill when you land. This means that you were close and next time you should try using the skill a little earlier before jumping.

I'm not sure how this works with other classes but I know that you can slide shot like this with rangers, gladiators, and chanters.

Pretty sure it can work with every melee skill that requires you to stand still during the animation.

What slide shot is, is you auto attack, cancel the auto attack animation, jump and move in a direction while using the skill ALL at the same time.

This creates a mobile effect. You're able to throw in weaves and move with skills that require you to stand still. It's great for chasing someone in pvp. It's sort of like sorc/cleric jump shot but incorporated into melee/non-cast time skills. The auto attack acts like a cast bar to create the effect.

Now you don't need to auto attack to do this, but it makes it easier cause it gives you a sense of timing.

I was able to do this (not perfectly because fraps reduces frame rate which is crucial to this slide shot) on my ranger and I was able to perform it on my level 30 glad (AOE and knockdown).

The use of this "Advanced Animation Canceling/Slide Shot":
  • Makes classes with skills that require you to stand still more mobile without having to jump shot every skill (slide shooting does the same thing but adds a perfectly timed weave for extra damage and.. looks c00ler).
  • Very mobile.
  • Can be incorporated into skills such as Mountain Crash, Recovery Spell, Focused Shots, (Severe Precision Cut [Lol?]), Divine Justice). - Note: That jump shooting with cast time skills as a melee class is easier if you learn how to jump shot on a sorc class first).

Side Note: I've been doing this for a while in PvP, but recently I've been told I looked like an animation hacker doing this. So I'm just sharing what I know. This is pretty hard to do with a bad framerate. I had difficulty doing this with 30fps capped when my fps normally hits 120-150.

Hope you enjoy and learn something new!
Old 08-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Advanced Animation Canceling / Slide Shot

thats an interesting way to jumpshot, tbh though all other skills besides siesmic wave are pretty simple to jumpshot, i could never figure out seismic wave though. i've done it plenty of times on accident, but could never do it when i actually tried. interesting.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Elyos

Trying it out, but not sure if I'm doing it correctly. Most of the time when I hit the skill and jump, it either just does the skill, or the jump happens and after I land the skill goes off.

There were a few times where the skill animation happens as I descend from the drop, is that it? I haven't been able to make it happen while actually moving around (only still jumps) because my Fang Strike key is in kind of a weird place to try this, not to mention tiny dagger range (even with extendables) so I'm often jumping out of range of the dummy.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Asmodians

im all over the training dummies in gelk right now. ive got it down to a science with the bakarma, but its pretty tricky to do with non extend, especially since i jump alot during pvp, and it seems to pull this off you have to be on ground, then jump while your doing the skill....hard habit to break :P
Old 08-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Elyos

Got the rhythm down, I think. But still haven't been able to do it with a moving jump.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Asmodians

those training dummies can now rest in peace?
Old 08-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Asmodians

I don't understand how this is something new...
Old 08-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Asmodians

it wasn't?
Old 08-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsoo - Vaizel View Post

Now you don't need to auto attack to do this, but it makes it easier cause it gives you a sense of timing.
I've tried like every timing i can think of, and i have yet to pull this off without auto attacking, are you sure its possible?

BTW it seems the old version of jump shotting that everyone knows how to do is more effective for some skills, such as piercing rupture, and righteous cleave

Last edited by Kill - Vaizel; 08-07-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachan - Zikel View Post
I don't understand how this is something new...
It's not, even Eureka posted a vid about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFZREcMlwLQ

It's all old, but it's the same old stuff.

Just a video showing it, but nothing actually trying to teach it.

Not that it's hard to learn, but troublesome for beginners who don't know when to press what at what time :p

Regardless, it's not really useful to do all to much as a gladiator, it's more useful as a ranger.

The only problem with it is you cannot fully control the way you move. And it's somewhat tricky to maintain the forward movement buff.
To Forum Users: My Posts speak only for myself and no one else. Do not consider my words the words of others, including but not limited to: My friends, My legion mates, and their friends. If I upset you, let me know. I may remove my post if necessary.