Old 08-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Elyos
Default How to fix lag

So here my specs:
Windows 7 x64
Processor: Intel i7 3.06Ghz
Graphics card: Geforce GTX 460 1GB
12 GB of DDR3 Ram

Problem is I lag still. I don't understand why or how come. I should be running ABOVE 200fps but I run at 45 and below in all areas I don't understand. I run AoC and FFXIV at way above 60 fps and i don't lag at all (Reminder FFXIV has a VERY BIG DIFFERENCE of required hardware and it runs flawlessly at max). yes I understand the shift+f12 etc for sieges, but that still doesn't work. I talk to people who don't lag what so ever and they actually don't understand WHY I am lagging in the sieges. We all want to know why. If anyone knows a solution please tell me!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Elyos
Default Re: How to fix lag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synoke - Israphel View Post
So here my specs:
Windows 7 x64
Processor: Intel i7 3.06Ghz
Graphics card: Geforce GTX 460 1GB
12 GB of DDR3 Ram

Problem is I lag still. I don't understand why or how come. I should be running ABOVE 200fps but I run at 45 and below in all areas I don't understand. I run AoC and FFXIV at way above 60 fps and i don't lag at all (Reminder FFXIV has a VERY BIG DIFFERENCE of required hardware and it runs flawlessly at max). yes I understand the shift+f12 etc for sieges, but that still doesn't work. I talk to people who don't lag what so ever and they actually don't understand WHY I am lagging in the sieges. We all want to know why. If anyone knows a solution please tell me!

I have changed my cpu/graphics card a few times since I got this game. At the moment, I have similar CPU/ram specs as you but I have a geforce GTX 580. I have the game on max settings and in most places my FPS is either 50 or 100fps with both varying by a few FPS. Having played this game with slightly lower spec graphic cards like the ATI radeon 4870 and 5850,
I would say that the frame rates are always quite similar.

I believe the reason why you are not experiencing 200+ fps is that the
crysis engine automatically scales certain base settings i.e texture quality/lighting/effects that you cant change in the options window based on your build/system/cpu when you first load the game.
To give you an example, because you have a good cpu/ram/gfx, the game has provided you with "high quality" base settings so even if you turn all the sliders to the lowest setting in options, it will still look better than all max settings on a poorer system.

As for other lag. The game does not pre load all textures such as the opposite faction and only does when they are close. Thats why I would get asmo "lag" when an asmo is near.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Asmodians

You're saying that when you hit shift F12 that you still lag, are you talking computer lag or net lag?

If it's net lag try leatrix latency fix, it has halved some peoples ping time.

Be more specific on the effects of your "lag"
Old 08-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Elyos

Don't forget that the client has been set to max fps 60.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Elyos

When I mean for lag I mean game lag. Not net lag I use WTFast for ping and get 80-100ping during sieges etc, but I usually lag out and get 1-3fps a second.

Why on earth is it locked to 60fps?

Also for the 580 or 560 you said, would it help me a lot during the sieges "after" the huge asmodian load? They should modify how the game loads the game and have it so that ALL textures load when logged in... might save a lot of people's hides.... maybe an SSD will help hha
Old 08-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Elyos

*UPDATE* Fixed SOME of the stuttering and lag issues and now get 45-55 fps in sanctum and get 45-70fps Outside in other areas....HDMI cord was corrupted -_- Switched back to DVI and boom gained like 20fps hha
Old 08-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Elyos

i have dual gtx 590 video cards, i7 2600k clocked at 4.8ghz, 16gb ram, and get ~60-69fps

the client is fps capped, but the cap seems to be 69fps, which is silly considering i run a 120hz monitor...

just have to deal with it basically

First video: http://www.filefront.com/15966071/
Second video: http://www.filefront.com/17201156/
Old 08-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortred - Israphel View Post
i have dual gtx 590 video cards, i7 2600k clocked at 4.8ghz, 16gb ram, and get ~60-69fps

the client is fps capped, but the cap seems to be 69fps, which is silly considering i run a 120hz monitor...

just have to deal with it basically
nice rig you got there.

I think there is a way to uncap the FPS by activating the console. I haven't actually tried it as mine runs just fine but I have seen threads on this.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Elyos

Yeah I must agree Mortred does have a nice Rig. I agree I think if they unlocked the FPS cap the game would run 20x better for a huge amount of people.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Asmodians

There used to be a way to unlock fps without console... that has been disabled too.

"Don't care wha cu said! It aint gon' sound right!" ~ Steve Harvey, Family Feud