Old 01-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Elyos
Default What's Fair Is Fair, right?

So let me ask a very basic question; Why is it fair for some classes to completely stack MR, and not others? Mind you, I'm talking strictly 1v1 here.

A very basic example: MR Cleric. Now you might ask, clerics need MR so they can heal, why is it unfair?

Consider this, if a block templar were to fight a block templar, wouldn't it last so epicly long that the duel would time out? Wouldn't that be the same as two MR'd targets fighting? Whether or not one of them is melee or not shouldn't matter.

Another example, a DPS minded cleric who loves to play MB style against an MR sorc. Yeah it's possible to stack MA but no cleric can really touch the 2300+ the average sorc can attain nowadays. Cleric can't damage, while the sorc can. Fair right?

Another example, MR cleric vs. attack/crit templar. Templar has virtually no stuns, no interrupts other than the one pull, no locking ability to speak of, and can be hallowed striked/rooted on CD.

BUT

When that same templar throws on an MR set, why is it suddenly unfair? Isn't a templar doing half the cleric's life, getting rooted, cleric running away and healing to full no different than a cleric resisting most of the skills?

-------------

Now onto my point, wouldn't it be more fun if everyone just got into the mindset of doing 1v1's in offensive spec'd sets? Imo the fights are much more thrilling, and I love fighting clerics in MB spec with attack build.

It just saddens me when people honestly believe that just because you can't resist a melee attack that it's automatically okay for you to use full stacked MR in a 1v1 even though for the most part godstones and melee debuffs are all MA vs. MR based.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Aeros - Kahrun; 01-22-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Elyos
Default Re: What's Fair Is Fair, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeros - Vaizel View Post
So let me ask a very basic question; Why is it fair for some classes to completely stack MR, and not others? Mind you, I'm talking strictly 1v1 here.

A very basic example: MR Cleric. Now you might ask, clerics need MR so they can heal, why is it unfair?

Consider this, if a cleric fights an assassin, every stun with exception to ambush (which will likely proc the burst chain off remove shock) and every rune will resist, giving the sin virtually no ability to to lock them in place. Additionally, a cleric can also root and hallowed strike on CD. The fight will be very boring, and eventually said assassin will run out of health.

Another example, a DPS minded cleric who loves to play MB style against an MR sorc. Yeah it's possible to stack MA but no cleric can really touch the 2300+ the average sorc can attain nowadays. Cleric can't damage, while the sorc can. Fair right?

Another example, MR cleric vs. attack/crit templar. Templar has virtually no stuns, no interrupts other than the one pull, no locking ability to speak of, and can be hallowed striked/rooted on CD.

BUT

When that same templar throws on an MR set, why is it suddenly unfair? Isn't a templar doing half the cleric's life, getting rooted, cleric running away and healing to full no different than a cleric resisting most of the skills?

-------------

Now onto my point, wouldn't it be more fun if everyone just got into the mindset of doing 1v1's in offensive spec'd sets? Imo the fights are much more thrilling, and I love fighting clerics in MB spec with attack build.

It just saddens me when people honestly believe that just because you can't resist a melee attack that it's automatically okay for you to use full stacked MR in a 1v1 even though for the most part godstones and melee debuffs are all MA vs. MR based.

Thoughts?

TL;DR version for all you lazy hookers.

MR makes this game boring!

I don't need a reason the fact that I'm awesome is enough.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Elyos

i wish i could afford a mr set.mr gloves dont do crap
Old 01-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Asmodians

MB cleric vs Assassin - Not fair because Assassin can stun you
MR cleric vs Assassin - Fair because you can run from the Assassin for 2 minutes wasting his (or her) OoA so that you can't be hit

People are so reliant on not having to play their class...that they just don't. Why actually learn how to play when you can just not take any damage thus reducing any kind of skill requirement on your part? nyerk MR. And all those MR bads.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good - Zikel View Post
MB cleric vs Assassin - Not fair because Assassin can stun you
MR cleric vs Assassin - Fair because you can run from the Assassin for 2 minutes wasting his (or her) OoA so that you can't be hit

People are so reliant on not having to play their class...that they just don't. Why actually learn how to play when you can just not take any damage thus reducing any kind of skill requirement on your part? nyerk MR. And all those MR bads.
It's not always Assassin vs the world, every class has to deal with it. Also If sin could get away with going MR I'm pretty sure most of you would. 3.o will be here soon to do away with all the crying.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitai - Israphel View Post
It's not always Assassin vs the world, every class has to deal with it. Also If sin could get away with going MR I'm pretty sure most of you would. 3.o will be here soon to do away with all the crying.
They would. You know why though? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. That's exactly what it would amount to. Now, if MR was 30% like evasion...there would be no reason to QQ. Alas, it isn't so here we are.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Asmodians

before i have this mr set. I used to stick with E50 (MA+old school HP).
In 1v1 arena i always put 2 MA armors and the rest with MR. mix and match

IMHO, if they remove silence godstone OR at least change it to 2%, im more than happy to remove my MR set. Its just not funny being silenced again and again, and you cannot pot it anymore. People might say damage godstones from caster is badass, but whats the difference from silence godstones from physical classes ?

Its ABIT unfair in my point of view, when i see plates socket MR. why? cuz apparently, I do take damage from physical classes while they dont. They have higher HP even when socket MR, while clothy have low HP...still can die easily.
I was in a fight with a gladiator on my other toon without MR set. swear to god it was like 215684231321silenced. x.x

MR ranger is a big problem for me ofc but i dont put them in the same category as MR abuser (even when they resist my attack >.>) i do think they have low survivalability.

TL;DR - MR itself is unfair, just like RNG in this game, just like some godstones in this game. and i believe as long as people socket silence godstones = as long as people will continue socket MR.

ps1. english isnt my first language! =P
ps2. again its just my opinion. others might think it differently.
i dont see any caster post their opinion yet so i decided to share it. XD

ps3. xiao u suck and i know u gonna stalk my forum post and read it to me and LOLOLOOOLOLOL.

Last edited by Lilpunk - Tiamat; 01-22-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:19 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpunk - Vaizel View Post
before i have this mr set. I used to stick with E50 (MA+old school HP).
In 1v1 arena i always put 2 MA armors and the rest with MR. mix and match

IMHO, if they remove silence godstone OR at least change it to 2%, im more than happy to remove my MR set. Its just not funny being silenced again and again, and you cannot pot it anymore. People might say damage godstones from caster is badass, but whats the difference from silence godstones from physical classes ?

Its ABIT unfair in my point of view, when i see plates socket MR. why? cuz apparently, I do take damage from physical classes while they dont. They have higher HP even when socket MR, while clothy have low HP...still can die easily.
I was in a fight with a gladiator on my other toon without MR set. swear to god it was like 215684231321silenced. x.x

MR ranger is a big problem for me ofc but i dont put them in the same category as MR abuser (even when they resist my attack >.>) i do think they have low survivalability.

TL;DR - MR itself is unfair, just like RNG in this game, just like some godstones in this game. and i believe as long as people socket silence godstones = as long as people will continue socket MR.

ps1. english isnt my first language! =P
ps2. again its just my opinion. others might think it differently.
i dont see any caster post their opinion yet so i decided to share it. XD

ps3. xiao u suck and i know u gonna stalk my forum post and read it to me and LOLOLOOOLOLOL.
Remove shock in 3.0 can be used while silenced. Would you and others who stack MR then remove the MR from that set? That is if it's soley for godstones? Yes?

Fighting against MR targets is always stacked highly in favour of the person stacking MR thing is godstones will always have a chance to land but debuffs and the like can be 100% resisted.

Retired Aussie Forum Pvper
Old 01-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Asmodians

lets see in 3.0 then? cuz we can't even remove shock in silence yet.
mayb i'll still wear mix and match MR cuz i dont run around with elemental ward. therefore it would b nice if I have 1800ish MA with 1800ish MR. =D
Old 01-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpunk - Vaizel View Post
lets see in 3.0 then? cuz we can't even remove shock in silence yet.
mayb i'll still wear mix and match MR cuz i dont run around with elemental ward. therefore it would b nice if I have 1800ish MA with 1800ish MR. =D
......wtb removal of MR plz

well that and in 3.0 sorcs, sms and clerics stacking full mr will do as much dps as a chanter stacking evasion :P (one would hope)

Though magic block/cancellation is how MR should have always been :/

Retired Aussie Forum Pvper

Last edited by Serephen - Tiamat; 01-22-2012 at 11:40 PM.