Old 03-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Elyos
Default Battlegrounds

I think it would be nice to have battlegrounds. semi-large areas that people use a battleground finder to get in. It would be able to use for 20-up, in segments of ten levels. In these battlegrounds there would be infinite flying. people get to enjoy flight combat without limits.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Battlegrounds

I agree about Battlegrounds, though I think 10 levels is a bit much... Every 5 would work better I think. I'd also prefer to keep flying out of Aion's future. It's a great idea on paper but terrible in the actual game and I think NCsoft knows that now.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Asmodians

Battlegrounds are a bad idea. For me that I enjoy World PvP and this game is mostly based in World PvP I would not like them for the reason they ruin the World PvP. Yes, Rift used to be the World PvP place for 25+, but you still have the Abyss which is the same level entry, and you get Abyss Points for killing mobs as well.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Elyos

I don't see how Battlegrounds hurt the game... World PvP is great, but it DOES hurt the game. It potentially ruins the game experience for players that don't wish to PvP and are FORCED to deal with twinks/griefers while they try to complete quests, lvl up, etc... At least with Battlegrounds, the PvP for those ranges of lower level players is kept in a strictly PvP zone where people are there because they WANT to PvP.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Asmodians

i agree battlegrounds is what Aion needs," a quests free zone only for pvp and abyss farming.."
Old 03-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Asmodians

DO like the idea of battlegrounds, although I haven't yet experienced much PVP since the early days. It doesn't have to replace world PVP, but would certainly be a nice alternative way to PVP.

I'm not sure what the arguments are against flying. Not that you can actually compare Aion with WoW, but I quite like being able to fly anywhere I want to go. It's nice being able to avoid aggro from mobs while en route to a more important destination. I like the Abyss for this reason and am not sure I understand why they didn't do that for the other zones.

Ah yes, a good excuse to go waste my time instead of working like I'm supposed to. I'm off to see if I can find out WHY people think it's a bad idea. Besides making finding sneaky kisk locations a little more difficult.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Elyos

This game really needs battlegrounds, Zerg pvp is just not fun, It's very rare you get a really good 3v3 or what-not. Even if the battleground has a short lock-out timer I wouldn't care, anythings better than what we have now.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Asmodians

Battlegrounds are a bad idea, you guys have no idea how it would effect world pvp.

With battlegrounds an MMO turns in to a lobby based game where everyone sits around town waiting for a queue to pop.

This deters people from participating in world pvp, hurting it immensely.

Go play some other game if you want battlegrounds.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosenix - Israphel View Post
Battlegrounds are a bad idea, you guys have no idea how it would effect world pvp.

With battlegrounds an MMO turns in to a lobby based game where everyone sits around town waiting for a queue to pop.

This deters people from participating in world pvp, hurting it immensely.

Go play some other game if you want battlegrounds.
I don't think you know what you're talking about, there's many mmo's that have both great battlegrounds and world pvp. They can always balance it by putting a cooldown on the battleground(s) if they want, as long as it's not something retarded like 22h.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Elyos

World PvP in Aion right now is nearly pointless as it is, mainly because of the AP system and how you can fight a max-geared player and not get hardly any AP from them because they dumped their AP and are low rank. There's really no point to it unless you've dumped your AP too or have gone as far as you can go in Aion and don't need AP anymore. You can kill 20+ low ranks in a night and depending on your rank, lose all your progress with 1 death, and then lose your most recent dredge AP with a 2nd death. Really great system... -_-

As Courtelise said, Battlegrounds don't need to be a replacement for world PvP, just an alternative. People that don't like world PvP will leave after being killed/griefed anyway so it's not like you're losing world PvPer population to play against because, they won't stay there anyway.

Also, no timers or queing please for Battlegrounds. Keep it open 24/7 for ALL players. I hate how NCsoft controls WHEN PvP can happen and how often.

Last edited by Hydrilus - Tiamat; 03-09-2012 at 11:47 AM.