Old 03-17-2012, 08:21 AM
Elyos
Default Re: How to Spiritmaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirelda - Israphel View Post
I'm new to Aion and rolled a SM for my first character. We have 3 similar spells called Summon Fire Energy/Stone energy/Wind Servant.
the tooltip doesn't actually say how much damage each one does or what the difference is beyond which element the spell is. Is there a difference, and which one am I best off using?
Fire = 3rd in dmg and average speed to get to target

Wind = 1st in damage and fastest speed to get to target

Water = 2nd in damage and average speed to get to target

Earth = 4th in damage and slow speed to get to target

I'd say your better off using wind, these spells are physical keep that in mind when using them against sin's chanters and templars because it can proc their counter skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key - Zikel View Post
Would you care to provide a list of buffs that are not strippable, and buffs that will take more than one strip to take off?

I've always been curious to how this works and get a lot of conflicting answers. I don't want a comprehensive list or anything just maybe some of the more big ones like Mau Form, UD, Empyrean Armor etc.
UD, Ironskin, Prayer of freedom, Strengthen wings and Word of wind take 3 dispels to take off.

The rest only take one and Mau form can't be dispelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakarum - Israphel View Post
To my knowledge, Mauform, all transformation skills (penguin/tree/abyss x-form), Bodyguard, and all Elemental Defense scrolls are not able to be stripped.
^this also

I don't need a reason the fact that I'm awesome is enough.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowwaseem - Vaizel View Post

UD, Ironskin, Prayer of freedom, Strengthen wings and Word of wind take 3 dispels to take off.

The rest only take one and Mau form can't be dispelled
I think it should also be noted that those buffs that take multiple dispels come off with one dispel(UD, Iron Skin etc) if you use Disenchant, the 2k DP aoe dispel. Disenchant is also the only one that takes off spirit sub. Believe it or not a lotta Sms dont know that.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Asmodians

Awesome, thanks a lot for the info guys!
Old 03-18-2012, 04:15 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escobarr - Israphel View Post
I think it should also be noted that those buffs that take multiple dispels come off with one dispel(UD, Iron Skin etc) if you use Disenchant, the 2k DP aoe dispel. Disenchant is also the only one that takes off spirit sub. Believe it or not a lotta Sms dont know that.

Ah I never knew that but I'd rather leave spirit sub on a SM, it's soooooooooo easy to kill a SM with spirit sub on.

Two dots > root > unload all your dots on him and he can't move for those 20 seconds because root doesn't break due to spirit sub

Old 03-18-2012, 05:57 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escobarr - Israphel View Post
...Disenchant is also the only one that takes off spirit sub...
Last I checked, Spirit sub follows the same 3 strip rule as UD and strengthen wings. Just usually never happens usually in most fights due to people not wanting to strip things off their opponent such as Magic implosion and Shackle. Test it, though. I could be wrong, but ive tried it against a few SMs while in MR sett to see if it would work.

Last edited by Locksley - Israphel; 03-18-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowwaseem - Vaizel View Post
Ah I never knew that but I'd rather leave spirit sub on a SM, it's soooooooooo easy to kill a SM with spirit sub on.

Two dots > root > unload all your dots on him and he can't move for those 20 seconds because root doesn't break due to spirit sub
I agree, only case I'd ever dispel Spiritsub is in Dredgion really, and even then the people I run with aren't retarded and know how to avoid it, like rooting the pet then IJ'ing the sm or what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuu - Vaizel View Post
Last I checked, Spirit sub follows the same 3 strip rule as UD and strengthen wings. Just usually never happens usually in most fights due to people not wanting to strip things off their opponent such as Magic implosion and Shackle. Test it, though. I could be wrong, but ive tried it against a few SMs while in MR sett to see if it would work.
It does follow the same 3 strip rule.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key - Zikel View Post
Would you care to provide a list of buffs that are not strippable, and buffs that will take more than one strip to take off?

I've always been curious to how this works and get a lot of conflicting answers. I don't want a comprehensive list or anything just maybe some of the more big ones like Mau Form, UD, Empyrean Armor etc.
Also note that dispels will go to the easiest buffs first. So lets say if a glad has Run scroll, Attack speed scroll, UD, Berserking. Run scroll, attack speed and zerking will be ripped leaving UD untouched on its dispell count.

Most non - Sm players who don't fight Spirtmasters often don't know this.

"U GOT A PROBLEM MY EPEEN PISSED ALL OVER UR LAWN & EBUTTHOLE SHAT A BIG PILE OF DOOKIE RITE ON UR FRONT PORCH???
COME BURN MY STUDIO!!!!, KEKEKEKEKEKE" - Chaste
Old 03-18-2012, 10:09 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luicias - Siel View Post
Also note that dispels will go to the easiest buffs first. So lets say if a glad has Run scroll, Attack speed scroll, UD, Berserking. Run scroll, attack speed and zerking will be ripped leaving UD untouched on its dispell count.

Most non - Sm players who don't fight Spirtmasters often don't know this.
Actually your partially right but UD will be ticked off on 1 of it's 3 dispel counts even while removing 3 buffs like this...

1 1 3 1
Run Scroll > Attack Speed Scroll > UD > Berserking

You use Magic Implosion or Ignite Aether and his buffs would look like this

X X 2 X
Run Scroll > Attack Speed Scroll > UD > Berserking

Leaving UD left with only 2 more ticks and all the other 3 buffs gone so technically it allows you 1 extra buff strip haha

Old 03-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Elyos

If you could have a 5th pet, what would it be?

Do you secretly wish you could ride your pets as a mount when 3.0 comes out?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turgaar - Israphel View Post
If you could have a 5th pet, what would it be?

Do you secretly wish you could ride your pets as a mount when 3.0 comes out?
I wish I could tame players as pets hahaha

I wish I can combine with my pet T.T but sure I'd love to ride on my wind spirit, would be so badass