Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 03:41 AM
Asmodians
Default Where does the line get crossed for pay to win?

There have been various rumblings about what is and is not considered "pay to win" for a free to play item shop. We've seen quite a few things for sale in the Korean shop as well as in other territories and of the potential variety, which would be "ok" (not necessarily great, but they won't make you rage quit the game) for the NA shop? And which are "omg I'm quitting" if this is in the store?

Please come and take our survey on the subject, so we, as players, can let NA Aion know what you think.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...ird/flying.jpg
Old 03-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Where does the line get crossed for pay to win?

i'd like to see where that thread goes when it gets closer to 3.0 and people feel more obligated to look at kaions cash shop

most of the items in kaions shop battle RMTers, allowing people to spend money and resell things in game vs paying the same amount of money for the same amount of kinah via random website. also seems to be very effective at controlling how much those RMTers are able to make from players that do pay to win

also note that they pay per hour to play, so paying for 5 hours of game time to farm up a lvl 90 enchant stone vs buying the stone from the cash shop does raise alot of debates as to what is pay to win here

with that said, i cant wait to see what they have lined up for NCwests cash shop
Old 03-20-2012, 11:47 PM
Elyos

I hope the cash shop doesn't grossly imbalance this game, I just quit a game that was really really bad because of that. :(
Old 03-21-2012, 12:05 AM
Elyos

absolutely anything that has to do with AP/Medals are not okay. Reset scrolls, xp amulets, pets,skins, wings, dyes are all ok with me. Oh and potions are def not ok, it would make any one that took the time to get master alch would be useless and pretty pissed.

sorry edited for accuracy

Last edited by Lovelesss - Siel; 03-23-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirloveless - Siel View Post
absolutely anything that has to do with AP/Medals. Reset scrolls, xp amulets, pets,skins, wings, dyes are all ok with me. Oh and potions are def not ok, it would make any one that took the time to get master alch would be useless and pretty pissed.
So potions are not ok and AP items and medals are? What about the people that took the time to get AP and medals? Why is their time any less worthy than someone that leveled alchemy?
Old 03-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamataka - Israphel View Post
So potions are not ok and AP items and medals are? What about the people that took the time to get AP and medals? Why is their time any less worthy than someone that leveled alchemy?
No hes saying anything to do with ap and medals should go in shop, or stuff like scrolls and pots. Personally i think anything that gives an unfair advantage such as stat increasing items should never go in the store. Things like 100% manstone socketing are ok though because those dont give an unfair advantage. Armor is socketable without them.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamataka - Israphel View Post
I can understand potions not being as that actually effects the economy in the long run. Buy em from the store and alchemy goes out the window really, For heal and mana pots and flight pots. the time invested in Alchemy is a time synch as it is. Either you gather the items yourself to make most of the items and have to level up to 50 to actually make the items or wait till others farm the items nad buy em to make what you need.

AP/medals being available might make the availability more feasable to obtain then in game, paying outrageous prices for a gold/silver medals due to politics on server(s). If your not in the "in crowd" you have to either buy or hope that yoru faction particpates in Seiges. That doesn't happen to much nowadays on 3 out of the 4 servers. With the exception of Gelk and Ingg. Not that they happen with good number on some of the servers.

AP items, are harder to come by for the casual player who can't make the above seige times, or groups to run instances in the forts to get the Ap items. Have to rely on PvP to obtain AP and thats not as easy either to find in the lower levels. Dredge 3 times a day. Personally i can make 1-2 a day if im luck due to work.

My perspective Ap items would help me and prolly many others to gain the gear and such that is much needed to be compete on a somewhat equal basis.

Master in every tradeskills is needed to make Seige weapons of advanced quality. Thats a whole different Topic tho.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Elyos

IMO, pay to win would be if they offered any type of gear (pvp or not), anything that is directly pvp related (things you can use for buff or heal yourself). However, I think that anything that solely helps with out-of-combat rng, i.e. manastones and the like, is perfectly acceptable.
Watching. Waiting. Her next victim in sight.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:36 AM
Asmodians

I just hope Aion will not turn into a pay to win game like Lineage.

When Lineage went FTP, NC told the players there wont be any items which could bring any imbalance, and no pay to win items.

Well .. first Blessed Weapon Scrolls of Destruction R Grade were sold .. after that Blessed Armor Scolls of Destruction R Grade .. which brought a BIG imbalance to the game.

As if those things were not enough, they yesterday announced their next pay to win Item ... the "Power Shirt" . Check here if you like

http://store.lineage2.com/store/deta...tegoryPath=1_7

http://store.lineage2.com/store/deta...tegoryPath=1_7

That being said, i at least have some hope that Aion wont get any Armor/Weapon/AP/Medals/anything people can craft, for example.

But NC already broke their promise in L2 .. so i doubt it will be different in Aion.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Elyos

YES I DONT USE FULLSTOPS I JUST USE MORE LINES DONT RAGE THATS HOW I AM nyerk U GUYS

OK LOOKING at ur survey so stupid plats wont change any thing as most asmos got given free plats for being baddies for so long it would just give all
the elyos chance to get the same gear.

socketing supps are good they need a way to make money n thats a good 1 that every1 can do

candy well who cares

amulets u get given lots already

ap stuff would not be much difference eccept for mabey less 1 month who cares really they wanna waste 500-1000 dollars prolly just to get 1month faster pvp gear get over it

recovery serums thats an awsome idea ild buy them all the time as crafting is to time consuming if all you want to do is log on for 2-3 hours to pvp not 5 hours grinding pots and other matts just to pvp for 20mins at the end of all that

pets already out and u can buy them so pointless to put in ur survey instance cd scrolls good way for both aion to make money and people in game to make kina who just cant grind 24/7 like every1 else

only thing that is pay to win is if u can buy better pvp gear which u will never be able to do simple close thread
Closed Thread