Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 02:48 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Where does the line get crossed for pay to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randle - Siel View Post
close thread
so i cant read other peoples opinions on this topic? nty lamer
Old 03-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Elyos

If they sell AP/medals everyone will just buy the items, win for couple weeks then never log on? If they want quick cash from casual players sure but, the game will be dead in the long run because there will be no point in playing. The whole point of Aion wasn't about new content updates so they made it hard to get gear so there is always a goal to keep playing. Take that goal away then there is no point in playing and will turn into everyone other casual game where every has the best gear standing around town wondering why they're even logged on. People like to be proud of the gear they earned. Don't turn this into a game where there is no point of being proud of what you earned.

Last edited by Joeki - Tiamat; 03-23-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridas - Israphel View Post
I hope the cash shop doesn't grossly imbalance this game, I just quit a game that was really really bad because of that. :(
*cough*everthing from aeria*cough*
Old 03-31-2012, 06:48 PM
Asmodians

I've read every post so far and i will have to say that there are some good theories out there that i like and can relate to and/or agree with.

I like the idea of having AP item's in the store. I like the idea of having the Medal's in the store and also the supplement's (rng is a pita). I think they all have the pro's and con's and it would be to the companies best interest to take advantage of the player base and put these items on the store. (just my opinion)

Fact: NCsoft is in it for the money, if you think they care 2 cents about the player base, you're wrong. They are a company and they want money.

It's funny, they are talking about the C.U.B.E. already and yet no one has even mentioned what will be in the store (other than what's already been posted on the site for the past year). There has been no communication to the player base saying what the prices will even be.

My opinion is that the prices will be too outrageous for a normal working class person (casual player) to purchase anything like the AP item's / Medal's. With that being said, everyone wont be standing around town wondering why they logged on, only a handful of well off people. (pretty much the same MMO-FO's that have been standing round since lvl 55 was introduced)

TBH, we could all speculate all we want but untill NCsoft starts communicating to the general public about what is really going to happen with the store we wont know if the game is going to completely die or not =)
Old 04-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Asmodians

I, personally would not want anything in the store that cannot be gained in-game.

As far as what would be ok? Hard to find crafting mats, and everything they already have, but nothing such as pots or medals/crowns. If you can buy your way into top-level gear, then what's the point?

Vanity clothing, wedding supplies, emotes, dyes, pets, and to some degree mounts, are all ok.

But I would like to see a currency trader introduced into the game so that people can use in-game funds to buy cash-shop currency. I played a F2P game that had a thriving currency market that allowed anyone, whether they had a credit card or not, to have access to the cash shop. Aion would still get their dollars from those who buy cash-shop currency, and those players in return would be able to purchase in-game currency to buy all those things that you shouldn't be able to purchase in the cash shop, such as coins, pots, and manastones.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midriel - Siel View Post
I, personally would not want anything in the store that cannot be gained in-game.

As far as what would be ok? Hard to find crafting mats, and everything they already have, but nothing such as pots or medals/crowns. If you can buy your way into top-level gear, then what's the point?

Vanity clothing, wedding supplies, emotes, dyes, pets, and to some degree mounts, are all ok.

But I would like to see a currency trader introduced into the game so that people can use in-game funds to buy cash-shop currency. I played a F2P game that had a thriving currency market that allowed anyone, whether they had a credit card or not, to have access to the cash shop. Aion would still get their dollars from those who buy cash-shop currency, and those players in return would be able to purchase in-game currency to buy all those things that you shouldn't be able to purchase in the cash shop, such as coins, pots, and manastones.
That reminds me vaguely of Runes of Magic before they removed diamonds on the auction house. That was an okay system, if you were hardcore you can could keep up with cash shop players. Then they removed that ability and created a vast rift in the two types of players...and that's when I stopped playing.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Elyos

I would like more cosmetic things in the cash shop. Predominantly dances and skins and such. That said i enjoy when things are able to be acheived in game or more easily by pay. (pets for example, where there is a pay version and a ingame version, like the auto loot pet.)

That said anything to do with ap or medals being in cash shop would make me immediatly ragequit.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Elyos

anything that gives you a distinct advantage in gearing up quickly compared to the others around you that choose not to do it.

Socketing supplements: non-payers can't get them. definitely buy to win. saves tens of milliions of kinah when you only need to use maybe 10 stones. HOWEVER, this actually helps lower the cost of manastones, because people aren't failing 50 manastones at 1.2 mill each.

platinum/mithril medals: yes. most players are limited to X per day + a flat amount from non repeatables. letting someone dump cash and buy 50 of them, combined with the pve AP boosts listed later, makes it too easy to get high tier gear.

polar bear
berdini
lodas all 3 are fine.

AP % increase items: for pve, terrible and break the game. its encouraging people to pve more for their precious pvp points. if they made one that was ONLY an increase from pvp, i'd be fine with that. in a zerg they won't get any more ap than normal so they're wasting cash. they'll only get the goods if they solo or small group, and i am never mad about dieing to a 1v1 or 2v1 (provided there's no sm involved). sometimes i wonder why people in full 55 eternal pvp gear still play this game, but hey everyone has their reasons.

infinite recovery serums: fair game. long cooldown, shares a cooldown with items obtainable ingame (life orbs, etc). if you want to heal for 6k every half hour without paying, you can gather tons of orichalcum or wethered objects.

pets: fair game.

instance CD scrolls: debatable. yeah they're getting the gear faster but they're still putting in the time to do it. obviously AP isntance cooldown resetters is a stupid idea. esso and splinter scrolls should not be sold imo.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Asmodians

Here's a good watch... since Aion is delving into F2P for the first time, I think this video would be a good help in determining that which should be sold in the item shop:

Old 04-25-2012, 03:50 AM
Elyos

wait

supplements are for sale in shop? :O