Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 08:31 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Where does the line get crossed for pay to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arydia - Siel View Post
Here's a good watch... since Aion is delving into F2P for the first time, I think this video would be a good help in determining that which should be sold in the item shop:

I 100% agree with this video.

My daughters come to me off and on to get $10 here and there for ingame items. They do my laundry, clean my room and "TA DA" have nice cool stuff for thier game, and I ... get more of my time back.

Since the amount is small, and general trikets (i.e. hair, fashion, etc...) - they have more fun in the game, and is happier, and since I'm not doing my wash - as well as many of my other chores - so am I.

I left a P2Win game that went full-hog-overboard, and regardless of how much we all invested, we all ... pretty much .. quit. The more that quit, the more that quit.... chain reactions for you.

I stand and hear people in open chat talking about that and other games that live by the expensive cash shops or the pay-to-win cash shops, and they are coming to AION.

I want to mention I do like the monthly limit on our CS. That is nice..
Old 04-26-2012, 12:11 AM
Asmodians

Here, go watch and relax.

Pay close attention when he says from 4:00-5:30

the definition of pay to win is different for everyone. Nuff said.

You don't have to buy anything if you don't want to.

If you don't

Good for you

If you do

Good for you.

kids need to stop having a hissy fit. grow up a little and get a little sense in them.

By all means, quit the game. the exit is over there ->

Last edited by Liniena - Tiamat; 04-26-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:02 AM
Asmodians

Personally I think any cosmetic item that adds no stats is a great idea (Wings, Weapon, Armor, Costume, etc) don't like the way somthing looks change it! Granted I don't think you can remodel wings so the wings that are sold in the shop should corrospond with the best wings in the game or make it evolve per level. As other items EXP cards for boosted EXP those who don't have a ton of time (Not that it takes a long time to level now or just to go at a faster pace to get to the PVP.) can speed it up while keeping the game up and running. Plastic Surgery, and Sex change tickets, maybe Power Shards packs too are fine. Everything should be gotten in game (Godstones, Manastones, Jewlery Armor and Weapons Enchants Potions (Insert Large List Here)) It would keep NC Soft alive or at least the game and everyone will be happy.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Elyos

I know i'm going to get a lot of nyerk for saying this...but tbh, why so much hate against p2w?

Lets use Lineage 2 as an example, a P2W game. Result? It is one of the most successful MMO to date. Many many MMOs have a P2W structure, and these MMOs have a massive player base. How can anyone really say it's bad?

True, majority of these p2w system are implemented in asian mmo's and asian servers, but why cant the west adopt something that is obviously superior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeokiMS - Zikel View Post
If they sell AP/medals everyone will just buy the items, win for couple weeks then never log on? If they want quick cash from casual players sure but, the game will be dead in the long run because there will be no point in playing. The whole point of Aion wasn't about new content updates so they made it hard to get gear so there is always a goal to keep playing. Take that goal away then there is no point in playing and will turn into everyone other casual game where every has the best gear standing around town wondering why they're even logged on. People like to be proud of the gear they earned. Don't turn this into a game where there is no point of being proud of what you earned.
False, Aion is a PvP game and being a PvP game means majority of the game's element is centered around endgame, people quit because of the difficulty in reaching the game's end game content. Cash shop that supports people reaching end game would in theory benefit the game itself (Korean's aion server is doing so well with 44 servers, and it's undeniable that the "p2w" cash shop has contributed to its success).

Sure, a lot of people would leave the game thinking it's unfair, but think of the amount of people that would be joining/returning to the game. It would be exponentially greater compared to the amount of people leaving.

NCsoft really is a caring company for doing what it's doing. Making the game fair etc. but is this really benefiting their company? That is not how real life works. A company need to always make the decision that would benefit them the most.

The point is, NCsoft should think about the path it's going and choose to cater to the bigger market instead of preserving the current and dying population.

Last edited by Kailin - Tiamat; 04-27-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:11 AM
Asmodians

go take a look at the road traveled down by Runes of Magic... then you'll see why changing to P2W is a bad idea...
Old 05-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Lets use Lineage 2 as an example, a P2W game. Result? It is one of the most successful MMO to date. Many many MMOs have a P2W structure, and these MMOs have a massive player base. How can anyone really say it's bad?
No. That's why I left. After that one clan on Bartz got +holy-nyerk items (Like i believe it was a +16 R Grade Weapon and at least +6 armor) and took Aden just by using +ed weapons they got from the store it wasn't worth what the game use to be so I left.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Elyos

So is it still possible to buy those Tahabatha weapons...
Old 05-02-2012, 04:08 AM
Elyos

Pay to win is a term created by teenage nerds, who spend 10ish hours online each day, and think the world looks this silly way for everyone.

No doubts - everyone may have a gaming mood from time to time, and stay online this long, just like those teenage creatures.

Pay-to-win, especially here, where the strenght and contribution of a single player is tiny, makes it laughable how much you silly shugos care.

It's not like whole hordes would ever invest thousands to still barely matter being just a unit.

o/ With greetings, Bloobz 'The Walking Inteligence'
Old 05-02-2012, 05:07 AM
Elyos

In all honesty. In any game just because someone "pays-to-win" doesn't mean they can actually "win". In most cases these players that p2w don't actually have any skill whatsoever. And unfortuantly they never gain the skill of people that do things the long/hard way.

That's just how I view it and how I've seen it on other games.

Last edited by Evokez - Siel; 05-02-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Elyos

Some may argue that p2w is unfair, but is Aion really fair? Is the world really fair?
We got griefers, twinks just harvesting these lowbies with no means to fight back. Does that really spell fair to everyone?
Closed Thread